What is the Cowboys destiny this year?

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Jerry says he’s looked in the mirror and sees a different team . “When you win a game like this, it changes you,” Jones said after Dallas’ fourth straight victory.

Jerry is basically promoting his product. These are the same eyes that thought Weeden threw a beautiful ball, Manziel could be a star and most recently our offense was like the Rams.

Now fans have raised the bar. All of a sudden we should be playing for a championship. And we wonder why fans can be one so distraught when we come up short.

This is still the same team that struggles putting up points which come the playoffs is going to be our nemesis as we face tougher teams.

One great game against Saints doesn’t validate a team but it does provide hope we can contend.

It provides hope we’re moving in the right direction. It provides hope we’ve finally built a potentially championship caliber defense . And it builds hope our coaching staff isn’t as bad as we thought after watching one of the premier HC make several gaffs to cost them a better opportunity to win.

I’m excited as anyone we might be on the brink of something special but I caution to stay humble as it’s only been a few weeks since we were 3-5 with the graves dug for this team and staff.

This is our biggest game coming up. They always get bigger as the season closes and in contention. This is the defending SB Chumps who appear finally to have awoken in time for the divisional showdown.

The good news is even if we stub our toe here the seasons not done. Egirls have a brutal closing schedule. I still think 9-7 can win this division.

Anything more than that will surpass my expectations and most experts heading into the season.

And winning this week will almost seal our fate barring a collapse following. A division title would be celebrated as a success with hopefully momentum heading to the playoffs fulfilling our destiny this season with more hope moving forward.

The bolded is the first problem... Instead of just enjoying the wins as they come, the fans raise the bar to "We won but....... ". We didn't win the way the fan wanted us to win.. Nevermind that we won......

Personally I think it's pathetic... Some fans ought to be ashamed of themselves... Take the damn win and enjoy it and shut the pie hole...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the win over the saints lets this team know they are capable of beating a top contending team. For Dallas to achieve the their goals they will have to continue to work and improve as a team but now you do so without the doubts of being able to win vs the elite. One thing I heard from Zeke and Dak at the end of the game was both saying it was not good enough, they know they must play better to win and I think they will continue to work hard to improve

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Short and sweet.......NFC East divisional crown and first-round playoff winner are two I feel really good about.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think it's a pretty simple road with a fork ahead. In one direction, we keep winning, finish out strong, and go deep in the playoffs, maybe even a Super Bowl.

If that is the case, then Jerry is prescient, he's seen this before, and the Saints game will be viewed as a watershed moment in this franchise's history in which the tide was turned to the positive.

In the other direction, we blow our momentum, lose a few games we shouldn't, limp into the playoffs or miss them entirely, and we wind up with yet another disappointing season, mired in mediocrity.

What's cool is that each week that goes by, we'll get to see more clearly which direction we took when we reached the crossroads.
Man, I'm thinking this is panning out to be one of our more MEMORABLE SEASONS there, my buddy @BulletBob :yourock: ( as compared to the 2015 fiasco of displayed competitive professionalism?,,, ol' JERRY obviously isn't in the mood to tolerate anymore of that action:clap:)

Last edited:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Best case is 1991. Unexpected success from a young team most thought was a year or two away still which leads to greater expectations for the next 5-8 years. Worst case is continued inconsistency down the stretch missing the playoffs or one and done like always. Going to be entertaining to watch, I know that for sure.
*Following ,,,Nowo_O*

:yourock::starspin::yourock:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
its true ... scoring 13 points won't get us anywhere .

We need to change our offensive coaching staff immediately ,as well as playbook, and scheme .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's always interest to see how a good team responds to adversity but what about success? The Cowboys won a game few gave them a chance to win and no one saw them winning it that way. Now they face the defending champs who've been struggling most of the season and realize this is their opportunity to right the ship, at least for a week.

The playoffs are a month away on the calendar but don't you believe it, they start this Sunday for the Cowboys and Eagles. Lose and the Eagles are 2.5 games out with 3 to play and not an easy schedule left. However, the Cowboys can lose and still be in the hunt but are they really? Anyone here really think when a team gets in the playoffs, anything can happen? If the Cowboys lose this game, they will either not make the playoffs or bow out in the first game.

This isn't just a division game between the top two, this is a statement game. If the Cowboys are for real and have any destiny regarding the playoffs, they will win this game.

Batman1980

Reaction score
There's always interest to see how a good team responds to adversity but what about success? The Cowboys won a game few gave them a chance to win and no one saw them winning it that way. Now they face the defending champs who've been struggling most of the season and realize this is their opportunity to right the ship, at least for a week.

The playoffs are a month away on the calendar but don't you believe it, they start this Sunday for the Cowboys and Eagles. Lose and the Eagles are 2.5 games out with 3 to play and not an easy schedule left. However, the Cowboys can lose and still be in the hunt but are they really? Anyone here really think when a team gets in the playoffs, anything can happen? If the Cowboys lose this game, they will either not make the playoffs or bow out in the first game.

This isn't just a division game between the top two, this is a statement game. If the Cowboys are for real and have any destiny regarding the playoffs, they will win this game.

The Cowboys and Iggles have been in do or die for awhile. Some teams thrive under this kind of pressure, other teams crumble. We find out which we are soon enough.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys and Iggles have been in do or die for awhile. Some teams thrive under this kind of pressure, other teams crumble. We find out which we are soon enough.
Yep but that fire gets a lot hotter with so few games left and the Cowboys swung a lot over to their side last week. They will all swing back should they lose Sunday and the Saints games be considered an anomaly. Right now, the Cowboys won that game. Lose against PHL and the Saints will have lost that game.

This game is the season to the Eagles. They beat the Cowboys and they shut up all the talk in PHL and the talk becomes they'll get the chance to defend their title. It goes from "what's wrong with the Eagles and Wentz" to what's right about them. They will be a desperate and motivated team. Pederson will be balls to the walls because he sees this as their chance to salvage their season.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Yep but that fire gets a lot hotter with so few games left and the Cowboys swung a lot over to their side last week. They will all swing back should they lose Sunday and the Saints games be considered an anomaly. Right now, the Cowboys won that game. Lose against PHL and the Saints will have lost that game.

This game is the season to the Eagles. They beat the Cowboys and they shut up all the talk in PHL and the talk becomes they'll get the chance to defend their title. It goes from "what's wrong with the Eagles and Wentz" to what's right about them. They will be a desperate and motivated team. Pederson will be balls to the walls because he sees this as their chance to salvage their season.
Yeppers Couch Coach you've definitely found the PHILLY PULSE of their nefarious & ultimately "crash-n-burn/ failure-2-launch" plan of Attack platform,,, cuz' ,,,I'm already seeing GARRETT & CO. cresting the ridge a mile away at a full gallop with pistols done drawn!:starspin::yourock::starspin:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
The Cowboys will go as far as their Red Zone offense will take them.
It's surprisingly stoutly inflexible at,,,er,,, times:starspin:

* I don't know about the rest of my FELLOW FORUM MEMBERS, but I recall absolutely hating the fact that Philly's Field goal kicker was non-op/gimped up,,,&,,, they held such abject disdain for us in that game, that they didn't even care:mad: