What is the Cowboys destiny this year?

aria

Reaction score
I’m assuming our destiny is to make the playoffs, possibly win one game and then get beat in the second. Dak gets a fat contract, the Clapper stays for another year at the minimum.

GMO415

Reaction score
I’m assuming our destiny is to make the playoffs, possibly win one game and then get beat in the second. Dak gets a fat contract, the Clapper stays for another year at the minimum.
23 years and counting

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's always interest to see how a good team responds to adversity but what about success? The Cowboys won a game few gave them a chance to win and no one saw them winning it that way. Now they face the defending champs who've been struggling most of the season and realize this is their opportunity to right the ship, at least for a week.

The playoffs are a month away on the calendar but don't you believe it, they start this Sunday for the Cowboys and Eagles. Lose and the Eagles are 2.5 games out with 3 to play and not an easy schedule left. However, the Cowboys can lose and still be in the hunt but are they really? Anyone here really think when a team gets in the playoffs, anything can happen? If the Cowboys lose this game, they will either not make the playoffs or bow out in the first game.

This isn't just a division game between the top two, this is a statement game. If the Cowboys are for real and have any destiny regarding the playoffs, they will win this game.

So true. What I like about what I'm hearing lately is that they all appear to realize that they can't let up in the games ahead. At least, they realize that they'll be obliged to keep up the pace and indeed, improve if they're to sustain their success. Now they must follow it up with action. Here's hoping their intentions are real and not just talk. To the victor go the spoils -- now, it's time to make it happen with more than good intentions. Apparently, they're aware of it. ;)

Last edited:

ICP

Reaction score
One Playoff game and who knows how many more years of Carrot Top

CCBoy

Reaction score
A fork? I'll use that fork on some roasted eagle. Beat the Eagles! :starspin:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
23 years and counting
One Playoff game and who knows how many more years of Carrot Top
Man, it's hard to have "friends" when their All such depressing BUMMERS of like minded thought
:(o_O:(

Reactions: ICP

aria

Reaction score
Man, it's hard to have "friends" when their All such depressing BUMMERS of like minded thought
:(o_O:(
You mean like the same “friends” of yours and mine that were hoping we tanked just a month ago? At least I’ve been more positive than most, albeit due to a soft schedule and injuries in the NFCE.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
You mean like the same “friends” of yours and mine that were hoping we tanked just a month ago? At least I’ve been more positive than most, albeit due to a soft schedule and injuries in the NFCE.
Ya!,,,but,,,I know "THEY" won't be crowing about receiving a Christmas Card from either of US,,,ALSO!,,,:lmao:

*:thumbup:right-on,Brother man:starspin:

aria

Reaction score
Ya!,,,but,,,I know "THEY" won't be crowing about receiving a Christmas Card from either of US,,,ALSO!,,,:lmao:

*:thumbup:right-on,Brother man:starspin:
Lol, got that right! To hell with those debbie downers! Not bringing me down this time of year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So true. What I like about what I'm hearing lately is that they all appear to realize that they can't let up in the games ahead. At least, they realize that they'll be obliged to keep up the pace and indeed, improve if they're to sustain their success. Now they must follow it up with action. Here's hoping their intentions are real and not just talk. To the victor go the spoils -- now, it's time to make it happen with more than good intentions. Apparently, they're aware of it. ;)
I don't see how they couldn't see it, this team is young and hasn't accomplished anything yet. They will not be asleep at the wheel on Sunday. Doesn't mean they will win but they will be ready to play.

Praxit

Reaction score
Separate, you don't mix them? Or are you partnering them in the glass? Ooooooooooh, I got all twitchy thinking about that.
....lol.....yep coach. Better to partner them, than solos. I thought I give John Daniel his respect by mentioning him. .. :)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Eggnog on the rocks, with John Daniel as co partner.
,,,er,,,COPY& CHEERS to OUR SUCCESS:lmao2:

* Man, my 'racehorse buddy& me jumped knee deep into a pyramid/ ponzi scheme prolly better than 15 years ago(it was like 'limited availability remaining at this tier, act NOW! Fer' like $125 bucks,,, the dudes was semiprofessional about it as he'd E-MAIL us bimonthly updates & show us our projected
" growth chart" ,,, always offering the option to draw off the net gain( although, you'd immediately drop back down the "ladder",,,:lmao:

* ya,that lasted about 3-4 months then ,,,PFFFTTTttt, nothing/ no incoming Emails( We'd actually met the " Elderly burnsided whiskered fellow " at his house,too! Ha, he'd prolly yanked the" for sale" signs outta' the ground of that 1/4 million dollar distressed home on the market
( said he was "closing" on it in a couple of days),,,,BUT,,, HE WOULD ALWAYS CLOSE HIS emailed GROWTH REPORTS WITH ,,,
" CHEERS, AND TO OUR SUCCESS "

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Edit: man, I need to talk to my buddy Jerry, cuz' after reading my post,I think he'd told us he was liquidated his assets at to reinvest into the "company",,, we were drunk& ol' boy was a drinker.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
,,,er,,,COPY& CHEERS to OUR SUCCESS:lmao2:

* Man, my 'racehorse buddy& me jumped knee deep into a pyramid/ ponzi scheme prolly better than 15 years ago(it was like 'limited availability remaining at this tier, act NOW! Fer' like $125 bucks,,, the dudes was semiprofessional about it as he'd E-MAIL us bimonthly updates & show us our projected
" growth chart" ,,, always offering the option to draw off the net gain( although, you'd immediately drop back down the "ladder",,,:lmao:

* ya,that lasted about 3-4 months then ,,,PFFFTTTttt, nothing/ no incoming Emails( We'd actually met the " Elderly burnsided whiskered fellow " at his house,too! Ha, he'd prolly yanked the" for sale" signs outta' the ground of that 1/4 million dollar distressed home on the market
( said he was "closing" on it in a couple of days),,,,BUT,,, HE WOULD ALWAYS CLOSE HIS emailed GROWTH REPORTS WITH ,,,
" CHEERS, AND TO OUR SUCCESS "

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
..>Yeah, Melonfued, watch out for those Ponzi Men, they can take you for a Lulu......;)...

Melonfeud

Reaction score
..>Yeah, Melonfued, watch out for those Ponzi Men, they can take you for a Lulu......;)...
Ha, at a mere $125 bucks? ,,, I'd lay that amount down on a single horse race up at '"turf paradise "',,,but, would attempt to skip on the bar tab:lmao2:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Goodell hands the Lombardi to Jerry and the SB MVP to Zeke and has to eat his own caca.
THAT'S A PRETTY COOL PICTURE TO ENVISION,BRO!:thumbup:

I'd just read " off the net,Today" that the MacDonald's FOOD chain checked their " drive-thru" TOUCH SCREEN CASING-LINERS,,,& 100% TESTED POSITIVE FER' THAT HUMAN " CACA" at every single location in the tested range:confused:

IceBowler

Reaction score
Best case is 1991. Unexpected success from a young team most thought was a year or two away still which leads to greater expectations for the next 5-8 years. Worst case is continued inconsistency down the stretch missing the playoffs or one and done like always. Going to be entertaining to watch, I know that for sure.

Free agency and the salary cap weren't the big players with that 91 team. The rules today will prohibit this apparently great young team from ever realizing its potential.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't see how they couldn't see it, this team is young and hasn't accomplished anything yet. They will not be asleep at the wheel on Sunday. Doesn't mean they will win but they will be ready to play.

True. Being "ready" and winning don't necessarily go hand in hand but if the execution is there, the odds of winning increase markedly. Hopefully, the OL personnel will be able to get rid of their hurts and perform to their capacity. Injuries this time of the year are always tough to overcome. I'm keeping my hopes up for the extra time afforded them to serve them well. Returning to good health should aid their performance. Let's hope they do.

Last edited: