What is the Cowboys destiny this year?

TheCritic

Reaction score
I know a lot of Cowboys fans have fallen in love with a Cinderella 2007 Giants type of season where we peak late into the season and we go on a tear on the road in the playoffs. And even though the Rams or the Saints don't scare me, the percentages for teams that don't get a bye week during the playoffs and go on to win it all are not that great.

Just being honest. I see us winning at home in the first round then losing on the road in the divisional round. Of course I hope for more.

conner01

Reaction score
We will have a good ideal Sunday
Beat the eagles and you show you are a playoff caliber team who can rise to the occasion
This game is that important to me
Lose this game and you can still get in but it’s time to make a statement that just getting in is not the goal

Flamma

Reaction score
Their destiny? That's hard to tell right now. But if anyone is vacationing in Greece anytime soon I suggest they take a detour to Delphi and find out.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Best case is 1991. Unexpected success from a young team most thought was a year or two away still which leads to greater expectations for the next 5-8 years. Worst case is continued inconsistency down the stretch missing the playoffs or one and done like always. Going to be entertaining to watch, I know that for sure.
1991 Cowboys were one and done, including a thrashing in Detroit. Just saying.

jsb357

Reaction score
Fact check :

In 1991 Cowboys beat Bears in Wild Card game before losing to Lions in Divisional round.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Fact check :

In 1991 Cowboys beat Bears in Wild Card game before losing to Lions in Divisional round.
I meant one win, then done. Sorry. It was a strange circumstance though, similar to Dak/Romo.

Beurlein was playing well, and beat the Bears. Heading to Detroit, Troy was ready but they elected to stay with the hot hand. Troy came in but not before they were already way down, though he didn't light it up either.

ICP

Reaction score
Man, it's hard to have "friends" when their All such depressing BUMMERS of like minded thought
:(o_O:(
Some fans are tired of the mediocrity this team seems to wallow in year after year and as such we don't really expect much anymore. Want me to be positive? Then at the very least make an NFC Championship game.