CFZ What is the culture and identity of our team?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Our identity is still a question mark if we're playoff ready.
What we need to be successful in the playoffs is to win the battle at line of scrimmage and all else will be ok. SF showed us what that meant last year, and it goes with every successful team.
In the Jimmy days, our offensive and defensive lines dominated GB, Giants, Eagles, Buff, SF and other dominate teams in those days. We punched them in the nose, and they caved every time due to a heavy dose of #22.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
The culture and many of the players, become just like the owner.
They prioritize money, attention, being glorified, being popular, big egos, overconfident.
They dont have a strong work ethic, they tend to talk alot, and think they can just show up and play,
and they will win.

They prefer the cake, which is all the above, but want the icing which is winning a SB, but they dont
want to work or sacrifice for it. Their true desire to win it all is secondary to money and glory.
Very well said!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yep, and the continual interference: Gregory signing, Zeke snaps (no coach would of limited Tony's snaps last year), media interviews.
We just aren't football first..
That's the problem, winning is important to Jerry, but he has so much else going on.
We need a front office and culture that focuses on the Lombardi.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No identity for this team yet.
Postseason wins and playoff success creates your identity. Not something this team has on its resume’ at this point
well then neither does this current eagle's team and roster..they got smoked in the playoffs last year..and??

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Offensively, we don't really have one IMO.

Defensively, this is a Dan Quinn unit. You have tweeners at most positions who play fast and aggressive.

cowboyec

Reaction score
players seem to like each other...i don't see anything on the sidelines that would point to disunity.
theres 0 evidence that they don't take to coaching...they seem to like mccarthy.
so i'd say the culture is strong.

the identity of this team i think is balanced.
balance on offense...and a defense that can win the game where as in the past i think it was an offensive strong team.
as a whole i think this might be the most balanced cowboys team we've seen in awhile.
i think dak...micah...and maybe trevon diggs are the faces of what this team is.

hopefully come play-off time they can be champs.

right now i'd say this is a balanced bunch that play hard for each other.
the locker-room is strong enough to handle an obj.
this team is in a good spot right now.
can't wait to watch this final push to the playoffs.

GMO415

Reaction score
No team has a more pronounced and specific identity than the Dallas Cowboys because that is orchestrated by the owner.

This is America’s Team, champion of ratings and revenue, the two most important qualities to the owner.

The identity drifts down to the players who are all proud to be Dallas Cowboys.
Correct Coach. Cowboys players benefit financially from wearing the star as well.

75boyz

Reaction score
I get from the sounds of the game sideline mics that this team is a confident bunch, maybe borderline arrogant.
The culture appears a bit too entitlement based without having earned anything to think that they're entitled to.
So basically I'm saying what so many other posts ultimately result in. The time for talking and regular season performance has reached its shelf life for me with this group.
Until some actual post season success is proven I will remain neutral.

If you're gonna talk it, walk it.
Show me don't tell me. With playoff wins.
The whole style no substance look has worn thin.

jmo

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
Get a lead, minimize TOs and unleash the pass rush

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carribean, and we are known for listening to calypso music at high volumes and drinking a LOT of rum.

Is that what you were asking?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We're good at the basic principles of a balanced attack, a sound ground game and a defense that features a wicked pass rush. Hopefully we'll manage to limit the opposition's running attack to something quite bearable. We're improving on it lately but there's still work to do there. I think we'll do very well if we simply play to our strengths and take advantage of the opposition's weaknesses. Let's not get cute w/the offensive play calling and avoid the needless pre-snap penalties. Be every bit as physical as the opposition and even more. Do all of those things and we'll surely reap much playoff success. :)

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The culture, is the camaraderie. Follow the leader. Michael Parsons that’s the culture.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I can sum up the culture of the team (not necessarily this year’s version but ones in the recent past) in one word: entitled. Many of our players seem to have thought they’ve arrived once that helmet with the star is placed on their noggin.

T-RO

Reaction score
What is the team’s culture and identity is a great question. The fact that it is not easily identifiable concerns me.

If you were to ask the fanbases of the Rams, the Chiefs, Bucs, the Bills, the Fins...would they have an answer to the question,
"What is the team's culture?"

Don't think so. One fan of the chiefs would say one thing, another KC fan would say another. There wouldn't be anything everyone would gather round and get excited about. Same for other teams.

Answers like "Micah Parson" isn't an answer at all. That's not a culture, that's a talented player.

What does Dallas value most?
On defense it's clearly elite speed and pass rushers. Heavy investment there
On offense I suspect DanA nailed it: creating imbalances

Last edited: