What is your current faith in Dak?

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
50%. Dak is a good bus driver in the regular season. Then he becomes a frightened girl in the playoffs.

Me skepticism began when Dak ended our postseason early BEFORE his two humiliations against the 49ers and his utter negligence against the 6th seeded Packers.

Dak lost me forever with the first humiliation against the 9ers in 2022.

If there are any Cowboys fans who believe Dak can improve his postseason game, you are loved by Jerald.
Blimey, you forgot about his performances against good teams.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
  1. 3.125% or in other words, 1 in 32.
  2. When he has played poorly in big games.
  3. The day he is no longer a Cowboy.
giphy.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry Jones: "We'll go as far as Dak takes us." Based on past performance, this statement alone tells me about how much faith I should have in Dak.
Dak should have press conference and say GM Jethro will take us as far as he adds talent in free agency.

Flamma

Reaction score
How exactly did the FO not support him?

1. No competition
2. Allowed him to play in meaningless games for more reps
3. Made the offense Dak friendly by getting rid of Dez
4. Bailed him out by making a trade for Cooper
5. Drafted Lamb and spend the majority of picks on offense
6. Dumbed down the offense with the Texas West Coast
7. Gave him a ridiculous contract with a no trade clause coming off a broken leg
8. No 1 ranked scoring defense in the league 2 years in a row
9. No 1 TO defense in the league 2 years in a row
10. Brought in Cook to spread the field
You forgot, bought him a golden jock strap.

I didn't mean that kind of support. Dak isn't good enough to carry the team that just builds through the draft. That's what Green Bay did, and probably still does. But they had a first ballot hall of famer at QB and he only got to one SB. Dak isn't Rodgers. He needs a stacked team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So what is it , Dak who you blame daily or Jethro who you also blame daily?
Pay attention. I have never blamed Dak. Has he had some bad games, sure every QB does.

Maybe you mistook some sarcasm.

Steve007

Reaction score
1) What is your current faith % in Dak?
2) When did Dak make you a skeptic?
3) When did he lose you?'

For me:
  1. About 5% Faith. Still think he could do something, hope he could. But not going to put ANY money on it.
  2. When did I become skeptical of Dak? After that first San Fran playoff game loss when he ran the ball instead of throwing it, and single-handedly lost the end of the game. What??? That was my first indication something isn't right in his head when it's a clutch game. Or just gets too tight. The Tampa Playoffs domination the next year, and his MVP-esque season last year renewed my hope.
  3. When did he basically lose me? When the lights shined again last year in Playoffs. I know the defense flunked, and just about everyone on the team too, but damn.. that guy is paid the big money to be the leader and get them straight. And I still think he has some type of mental block in the big games.
For some of you the answer may be he hasn't lost you, and that's fine. But seems like most people on this board have gone from 'cautiously optimistic' to 'when pigs fly.' LOL

And... I hope he proves me wrong, wins it all this year or even with a new team if that happens. Always wish the best for these guys but just being real.

[ModEdit]: Placed multiple questions in the post and removed the clutter from the thread title.
Zero!

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score

For me:
  1. About 5% Faith. Still think he could do something, hope he could. But not going to put ANY money on it.
  2. When did I become skeptical of Dak? After that first San Fran playoff game loss when he ran the ball instead of throwing it, and single-handedly lost the end of the game. What??? That was my first indication something isn't right in his head when it's a clutch game. Or just gets too tight. The Tampa Playoffs domination the next year, and his MVP-esque season last year renewed my hope.
  3. When did he basically lose me? When the lights shined again last year in Playoffs. I know the defense flunked, and just about everyone on the team too, but damn.. that guy is paid the big money to be the leader and get them straight. And I still think he has some type of mental block in the big games.
For some of you the answer may be he hasn't lost you, and that's fine. But seems like most people on this board have gone from 'cautiously optimistic' to 'when pigs fly.' LOL

And... I hope he proves me wrong, wins it all this year or even with a new team if that happens. Always wish the best for these guys but just being real.

[ModEdit]: Placed multiple questions in the post and removed the clutter from the thread title.

-0.0%

When he criticized Romo before he was a starter and then snuck in to take his spot while Romo was injured.

3) When did he lose you?

He never had me. But if I had to give you a moment that confirmed to me he wouldn't ever be a good QB? The video of him and the Carr Brother having a QB accuracy challenge and he looked like Uncle Rico throwing to a mountain. Just as amateur as I've ever seen.

Two takeaways from that crap show:

1 - he is that inaccurate at this stage in his career which is scary.

Or

2 - he doesn't handle stress well and is just that nervous and performs poorly under pressure. Which again, is a shocker that stage in his life.

Hindsight 20/20, it explains a lot. He's not good under pressure and his playoff career shows it. They TV performance under pressure was an early sign.

Big_D

Reaction score
That 2nd niner game when he was getting pelted with garbage. At that point you gotta start looking in another direction. But not the toxic twins, they’re gonna double down every time!

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
3) When did he lose you?

1. 0%
2. Greenbay game a few years back when Rodgers was still a round. He just never has it when it really counts.
3. Ironically same team , the playoff game against packers this year.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
49ers? Packers? Buffalo? Miami? Philthy?
Which, lad, which?
I will have a spot of tea and biscuits and some New Mexico bud while you get to me.
I fancy me more of a lassie.

What are winning teams for $500? This team beats up only on losing teams, but not teams with physicality and grit.

I hope you enjoyed your tea and biscuits. What is New Mexico bud?

HungryLion

Reaction score
He is what he is at this point. He is an above average QB capable of having some big big games in the regular season. He just isn’t a playoff QB. He can’t be expected to beat the good teams consistently.

It’s time to move on and try something new.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

For me:

1) 5%
2) 1st SF playoff loss
3) 2nd SF playoff loss

Dak has proven to disappear in the big games and critical moments when he is needed most.

He is far from the only issue in this franchise— but his contract is definitely the largest issue holding this team back from taking the necessary steps to improve.

Watching this franchise is like watching a slow motion car accident. You know the destruction is inevitable, and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.

leicafan

Reaction score

For me:

1) 0%
2) He is a playoff choke artist
3) Last playoff game vs Packers

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Wonder if it’s this same percentage with the fans who don’t frequent message boards, and if so, do the Jones Boys realize their fanbase mess?