What is your current faith in Dak?

plymkr

Reaction score
For me:
  1. About 5% Faith. Still think he could do something, hope he could. But not going to put ANY money on it.
  2. When did I become skeptical of Dak? After that first San Fran playoff game loss when he ran the ball instead of throwing it, and single-handedly lost the end of the game. What??? That was my first indication something isn't right in his head when it's a clutch game. Or just gets too tight. The Tampa Playoffs domination the next year, and his MVP-esque season last year renewed my hope.
  3. When did he basically lose me? When the lights shined again last year in Playoffs. I know the defense flunked, and just about everyone on the team too, but damn.. that guy is paid the big money to be the leader and get them straight. And I still think he has some type of mental block in the big games.
For some of you the answer may be he hasn't lost you, and that's fine. But seems like most people on this board have gone from 'cautiously optimistic' to 'when pigs fly.' LOL

And... I hope he proves me wrong, wins it all this year or even with a new team if that happens. Always wish the best for these guys but just being real.
1. 10%. He could do something in the playoffs but it would be out of character and I’m not getting my hopes up.
2. 2019 season finale going against the Eagles and we lost. The Eagles were playing with 3rd stringers in the secondary. Also in 2019 when he was offered (at the time) the richest contract in NFL history and turned it down.
3. Losing to SF in 2022 playoffs. I started seeing the pattern of playing at a high level against poor teams and playing poorly against good teams.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends.

If you are depending on the QB to make some magic happen like some of the greats when they had no defense or many weapons to rely on this it's 0%.

Now if you can actually build the NFL #1 defense against the pass and run then surround Dak with a good run game then the team has a chance to do well. But it's harder to build this type of team when they refuse to pay free agents and the qb takes elite money without being elite.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This past season is when I lost faith….not so much in Dak, but the front office.

He isn’t good enough to win games on his own, and that’s what this FO is essentially asking him to do.

He is paid that way so he can’t really complain but when you’ve been around for a decade and don’t get a single higher end FA, it’s never gonna happen….and “ihn mah mahnd” why he shouldn’t take less just so Stephen can stick the savings in his piggy bank.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Zero. Well actually negative percent but not sure that is allowed for purposes of these discussions.

2017 - While most folks were talking him up to be on a HOF \ GOAT trajectory he was exhibiting the things that have become his known failure modes. I would come on the board after very concerning performances and be flabbergasted by the positive perception so many were posting.

Difficult to pinpoint. I tried to be patient & give the benefit of the doubt. I will say after the playoff loss in 2021.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Typically the third time is a charm.
Three straight "12 win" seasons.
Three straight playoff hopes to ascend to.
But no, instead the third time is not a charm.
The third time is a home field meltdown.
And now, the money has handcuffed the team.
Now they have to ride it out. Only hope left is
for a desperate team with an injured QB to come
calling at some point before the trade deadline.
It's more like "Three strikes and you're out".

Chasing6

Reaction score
For me:
  1. About 5% Faith. Still think he could do something, hope he could. But not going to put ANY money on it.
  2. When did I become skeptical of Dak? After that first San Fran playoff game loss when he ran the ball instead of throwing it, and single-handedly lost the end of the game. What??? That was my first indication something isn't right in his head when it's a clutch game. Or just gets too tight. The Tampa Playoffs domination the next year, and his MVP-esque season last year renewed my hope.
  3. When did he basically lose me? When the lights shined again last year in Playoffs. I know the defense flunked, and just about everyone on the team too, but damn.. that guy is paid the big money to be the leader and get them straight. And I still think he has some type of mental block in the big games.
For some of you the answer may be he hasn't lost you, and that's fine. But seems like most people on this board have gone from 'cautiously optimistic' to 'when pigs fly.' LOL

And... I hope he proves me wrong, wins it all this year or even with a new team if that happens. Always wish the best for these guys but just being real.
My faith in Dak is directly related to my faith in Jerry.

Why would anyone have faith in this team, with the lack of moves we have made this off season?

What was our number 1 priority after last year?

McCarthy said it was to fix the run game. What moves did we make, we draft Schoonmaker.

After this year our run game on both sides of the ball needs to be fixed. What we done? We lost 2 starters on the OLine and our best DT to stop the run.

How do you even ask a question about faith in Dak? Seriously.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
For me:

Domination? All that game did was reinforce the belief that Dak can only compete with crap teams. And that Tampa team sucked.

MVP season where he piled up stats against crap teams? Yep, that's the Dak we all know.

As for when Dak lost me, it was the day he signed a massive contract for basically doing nothing. And then he had the gall to say that NOW was the time to go after a super bowl He basically admitted it wasn't important enough the 4 years before he got paid.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None of this really matters.
Fans minds been made up for a while. And each feels their opinions are correct.

To me it is not about any of those questions. Though I’m not as high on him than I was before. And even then I was never all in on him.
But the last 2 SF losses is what did it for me if I was to pick something out.

However, as I said, none of it matters at this point. I will just wait for the season and see what happens as usual.
Can’t do anything about it, So not going to allow it to consume me.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I support the crap out of that choking losing piece of crap. I don't know who I could pick who could do what he does against good teams and playoff games.

I would give him a quarter of a billion. who would I have to support when he's gone? I hope it's never.

zeke21

Reaction score
GIkJLZpaQAEADsw.jpg

This right here is why you don't make Dak Prescott the highest payed anything in the NFL. When it comes down to it he isn't going to beat anyone with his arm. When the team needs him to win a game with his passing he does what he does best - CRAPPING THE BED.
This, this, and this. It is never mentioned enough but Dak has always been successful off the back of a strong run game and solid OLine.

Any other team and Dak isn't even a back up at this point.. I am 100% confident that we wouldn't even know his name. Would have just been another guy that came and went through a QB room for a couple of seasons.

The signs were there from 2016.. they were overlooked and ignored. By 2017 (when Zeke was suspended) it became really clear he wasn't the guy. By the time he singlehandedly lost us the game against SF in the playoffs.. all doubt should have been erased for ALL minds that Dak was not the guy.

How anyone still has any confidence in Dak is beyond me. Dude is legit a bus driver.. and not even a great one at that.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
None of this really matters.
Fans minds been made up for a while. And each feels their opinions are correct.

To me it is not about any of those questions. Though I’m not as high on him than I was before. And even then I was never all in on him.
But the last 2 SF losses is what did it for me if I was to pick something out.

However, as I said, none of it matters at this point. I will just wait for the season and see what happens as usual.
Can’t do anything about it, So not going to allow it to consume me.
And man if it was just Dak who couldnt get it done in the playoffs over the last 28 years then yeah would be easy to say "Here is your problem"...but no we cant say that...look i think its time to rebuild...i also understand the players leaving were not lucky to be good at thier position..they cant win with this FO..just like 28 years worth of players that all apparently suck...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It would be so awesome if they won the Super Bowl. I expect Dak to have another great year regardless.
In the regular season correct?

I mean even you could not expect him to play well in the entire playoffs ......... could you?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
There's a lot of gray area with these questions. My answers depend on his next contract. If he's about winning, he'll do a team friendly deal. The Cowboys can win the SB with him, if they have the talent around him to pick him up when he craps his britches.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Domination? All that game did was reinforce the belief that Dak can only compete with crap teams. And that Tampa team sucked.

MVP season where he piled up stats against crap teams? Yep, that's the Dak we all know.

As for when Dak lost me, it was the day he signed a massive contract for basically doing nothing. And then he had the gall to say that NOW was the time to go after a super bowl He basically admitted it wasn't important enough the 4 years before he got paid.
Why would Tampa team suck if it is QB vs QB?

Was that the same season our defense got all their crap stats from?