What is your favorite Blade

Blackrain

Reaction score
Figured football and hunting seasons are pretty much over Trout is getting ready to kick in so we need a thread about knives .

For big game its the Puma White Hunter with a Buck 110 or Puma Game Warden as a folding companion . For processing Puma Skinner or Gerber Shorty
For fishing I like the Gerber Coho or Muskie and the trout and bird for panfish .

For defense backpacking and hiking Cold steel Tanto Gerber LMF in Buckmaster plastic Sheath as the one Gerber gives you holds moisture and rusts the knife for some reason even though its stainless

I sharpen everything the old way with a stone and crock stick till it shaves .

jsb357

Reaction score
Genuine Swiss Army goes with me everywhere except TSA restricted travel.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
tumblr_m981vnEIbj1qc9adto2_500.gif

I used to have a nice switchblade I got in West Va

Last edited:

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I carry a Benchmade Osborne design Rift 950. I also have a Spyderco Paramilitary II that I use a little more as a work/utility knife. The Benchmade is a great feeling heavy knife but a little hard to sharpen. The Spyderco is a little clunky feeling, but is light and I can get it like a razor. I also carry a little Leatherman Juice C2 that I love. The needle nose work great for pulling out splinters, roach clips, wire cutters, and picking up icky stuff you'd rather not touch.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I have a cousin who used to make custom sheaths (cases, not sure if I'm spelling is correct).

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yep forgot about the swiss army keep them in the work trucks and back pack .The tweezers have rectified a bunch of miserable situations over the years

Blackrain

Reaction score
I carry a Benchmade Osborne design Rift 950. I also have a Spyderco Paramilitary II that I use a little more as a work/utility knife. The Benchmade is a great feeling heavy knife but a little hard to sharpen. The Spyderco is a little clunky feeling, but is light and I can get it like a razor. I also carry a little Leatherman Juice C2 that I love. The needle nose work great for pulling out splinters, roach clips, wire cutters, and picking up icky stuff you'd rather not touch.

I have owned one Bench Made and they are a bit harder to sharpen but seem to hold a good edge

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Figured football and hunting seasons are pretty much over Trout is getting ready to kick in so we need a thread about knives .

For big game its the Puma White Hunter with a Buck 110 or Puma Game Warden as a folding companion . For processing Puma Skinner or Gerber Shorty
For fishing I like the Gerber Coho or Muskie and the trout and bird for panfish .

For defense backpacking and hiking Cold steel Tanto Gerber LMF in Buckmaster plastic Sheath as the one Gerber gives you holds moisture and rusts the knife for some reason even though its stainless

I sharpen everything the old way with a stone and crock stick till it shaves .
USMC Ka-Bar.

jsb357

Reaction score
WWI German Bayonet.

That's a pretty intense EDC.

:clap:

As I've said my smallish Swiss Army is my EDC

Field knife is an old Buck Folding Ranger and
solingen steel skinning knife I've had for over 40 years

For fishing I use one of the cheap Mora's from fleabay
stainless of course.

I've got a Schrade SCHF9 in my go bag.
I call it my JIC knife.
Just In Case.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Im waiting to hear from Cern . I bet he has some custom knives or maybe a Randall . Melon has not chimed in yet either ,probably still going through the inventory trying to decide the favorite . LOL