What is your favorite Blade

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Figured football and hunting seasons are pretty much over Trout is getting ready to kick in so we need a thread about knives .

For big game its the Puma White Hunter with a Buck 110 or Puma Game Warden as a folding companion . For processing Puma Skinner or Gerber Shorty
For fishing I like the Gerber Coho or Muskie and the trout and bird for panfish .

For defense backpacking and hiking Cold steel Tanto Gerber LMF in Buckmaster plastic Sheath as the one Gerber gives you holds moisture and rusts the knife for some reason even though its stainless

I sharpen everything the old way with a stone and crock stick till it shaves .

Blade Trinity. The one with Ryan Reynolds is my favorite. The first two were good also.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well fellers, yer' officially gazing upon the printed words of the only known WWII army air corps complete collection owner of air crew bail-out issued folding bolo's manufactured by all three contracted outfits,,,er,,,that I care to be aware of anyway & it's only fitting to inform y'all that the first one that started this +20 year long envisioned quest(manufactured by Catturgarus ) is the most banged-up& worked one,to the point of when I'd first laid ahold of it& attempted some basic fieldcraft with it,it immediately became apparent that the liner-lock was not to be trusted in any way,shape nor form,as it would sometimes start to fold back up on itself in the back draw of hack,slash,chopping duties,thusly causing severe damage if not outright severed digits upon the wielders handle gripping hand& the only field expedient rectification would be to whittle a wooden wedge into the handle in order to forcibly maintain the weak spring liner lock in place,were you forced thru necessity in having to rely upon it's use in a serious fashion.

The 2nd one I was most fortunate in attaining was by one of my formerly employed"trailer spines" who I had working for me, who'd found it under an old trailer house we were prepping for relocation, he'd
Came up to me & said it was was prolly stolen&stashed by some kid,as it was carefully wrapped up in about 3 circle-k white plastic bags
( manufacturer,Camillus, double better/twice in condition than that of the first)

Finally, the case manufactured one I'd scored off of e-bay came outta' a place called Plattekill N.Y. & dude who'd sold/ previously owned it basically had kept it in mint /pristine condition,,,

Yeppers:thumbup:

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well fellers, yer' officially gazing upon the printed words of the only known WWII army air corps complete collection owner of air crew bail-out issued folding bolo's manufactured by all three contracted outfits,,,er,,,that I care to be aware of anyway & it's only fitting to inform y'all that the first one that started this +20 year long envisioned quest(manufactured by Catturgarus ) is the most banged-up& worked one,to the point of when I'd first laid ahold of it& attempted some basic fieldcraft with it,it immediately became apparent that the liner-lock was not to be trusted in any way,shape nor form,as it would sometimes start to fold back up on itself in the back draw of hack,slash,chopping duties,thusly causing severe damage if not outright severed digits upon the wielders handle gripping hand& the only field expedient rectification would be to whittle a wooden wedge into the handle in order to forcibly maintain the weak spring liner lock in place,were you forced thru necessity in having to rely upon it's use in a serious fashion.

The 2nd one I was most fortunate in attaining was by one of my formerly employed"trailer spines" who I had working for me, who'd found it under an old trailer house we were prepping for relocation, he'd
Came up to me & said it was was prolly stolen&stashed by some kid,as it was carefully wrapped up in about 3 circle-k white plastic bags
( manufacturer,Camillus, double better/twice in condition than that of the first)

Finally, the case manufactured one I'd scored off of e-bay came outta' a place called Plattekill N.Y. & dude who'd sold/ previously owned it basically had kept it in mint /pristine condition,,,

Yeppers:thumbup:
that's a nice collection I have none of those

Melonfeud

Reaction score
that's a nice collection I have none of those
*endeavor to persevere my dear good Friend,,,endeavor to persevere*:lmao:

Ya,know? What really piqued my interest in these wartime stamped together,relatively hefty, marvelous contraptions of articulated single hinge pointed pieces of crap?,,,I was maybe 10 or 12 years old& the geologist sitting in on & waiting for some anticipated pay zone drill cutting samples to microscope analyze had once showed me the one he'd "liberated" from the air crew survival kit he was the bombers flight navigator on, and Ernie told me point blank to
" take a long and studied look at it ,kid, as it's probably the only one you'll ever lay eyes upon in your lifetime",he'd said grinningly,,,well,,that kinda' worked on me in a fuzzed up inner grating way,I guess

* yeah,I was a drilling rig worm at an unfeasible early age in life,swamping for the rig transport driver,mucking out the bulldozers tracks in late fall/winter& mixing up the viscosity of drilling mud/cuttings sample catcher ,,,those bass turds,,,"just look what they've done to my song,ma",,,:lmao:

o_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Do you have a pic of one of those knives
I guess I could scrape the tape off my camera's lens & snap a photograph of them,then upload it as an avatar?
( that's the extent of my willful technical prowess, lest I induce problems for myself on down the cyber hi-way,,,o_O)