What is your favorite Blade

nobody

Reaction score
For every day use? Kershaw Leek.

I'm hard on knives, so I can't see spending hundreds on one. That being said, I hate super cheap ones. The Leek is a nice middle of the road, durable knife that holds up well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have nail clippers, but not the small ones, and it has a nice little combo blade/file hidden in it. I couldn't kill anyone with it but I could get them to go "Stop doing that" a lot.

I keep all of my blades in the kitchen and have some fine chopping and slicing instruments and I guess in a pinch, I could filet some intruder but I'd prefer to show them my .357 Mag and ask them what kind of day they're having because mine is about to get better.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im waiting to hear from Cern . I bet he has some custom knives or maybe a Randall . Melon has not chimed in yet either ,probably still going through the inventory trying to decide the favorite . LOL
He attacks them with his teeth and doesn't need a knife. I think the animal population around his ranch considers him Voldemort and most won't mention him by name.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
tumblr_m981vnEIbj1qc9adto2_500.gif

I used to have a nice switchblade I got in West Va
:thumbup: I carry one some times, this one I got shoots straight out the end of the handle, with the double edged blade being cut out 3/4 of it's blade length in the center/middle in order for it to retract back into it's handle. It's opened up twice on me while driving shooting thru the left rear back pocket of two pair of wrangler jeans, so it lives on the coffee table mostly, I gotta' be careful while laying on the couch drinking & playing with it,"you'll poke yer' eye out with that thing"

* I prefer any one of several of those one hand folder lock blades, there's a blue million manufacters, Columbia River makes pretty good ones,I mostly carry a Colt M-4-k,lock blade,I dummy cord them thru the lanyard hole with 550 para cord& with a practiced pull& snap from just the knotted end of the cord hanging out of the pocket it's opened ,locked& recoils back up into yer' hand, pretty useful trick while up on ladders and the likes.
I had a really good spyderco humpbacked one hander with the thumb hole in the blade, I got pulled over one night a couple of years ago with two "party girls" in the truck with me,they said"don't let them search the truck"(as they clutched their purses:lmao:)
Well, they wanted to search the truck,I refused to grant them their request,for our mutual safety I was patted down& the cop laid that blade above the windshield wiper of his cruiser, he seen my classA cdl license, he said they weren't gonna wait around for a warrant to arrive to search the truck as a priority response call was popping off over their radio's just at that time& they all sped away heading east,,,with my benchmade on the windshield of cruiser #2

For game skinning I use an ' Outdoor Edge' T-handle Game Skinner,with the gut hook cut up on top of the blades spine towards the broad sweeping blades point(though, it doesn't have a point on it,really:lmao2:) I've a really gorgeous " Hen&Rooster" Buffalo blade skinning knife ,with high luster metal finish & stag horn handle grips, I skinned a deer half way out with it before going back to my T-handle,as it just wasn't cutting it like what I'd gotten used to( I had regulated it to wallhanger duty around here somewhere:huh:)

Combat? Cold Steel brands ,a big double edged fighting knife (same length as the Gerber mk-2 commando, only blade width is almost twice in width)

& on my "grab-n-roll" tac-vest swings a big ol' Marine Raider bowie(ya, I'd put a lot of file time into the top of that drop clip point blade in bringing out a edge,as that was the salient feature of the Bowie's design in making it such a devastatingly fearsome blade to face, as while swung in an horizontal slashing strike the wielder merely back swings the blade never changing the blades gripped position in the hand ,catching the target with the concave curved 3"-4" cutting edge on the top of the bladeo_O

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
My favorite blade is whatever one I'm using to cut my ribeye steak with .

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I have a cousin who used to make custom sheaths (cases, not sure if I'm spelling is correct).
I had brother in law that I'd bought this unique hand made knife-machete,it had came outta' the Philippines and was made outta a leaf from a spring pack of a Willy's army jeep, the custom leather sheath was awesome for it, sturdy&well made, I don't know who made it, does yer' cousin live in the Philippines? ( I think I got drunk& sold that outfit, it was back in the 90's)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
At age10 I asked my grandfather one to many times to sharpen my knife for me and was locked in the basement with his old whet stone after dinner I was told not to come up till it was shaving sharp . Some time after Johnny Carson was over he came down to check on my progress . I had it close and he pulled off his belt and stropped it till it was like a razor .

Still use that stone today and finish um up with crock sticks
:thumbup: that's funny man, "the ol' grandpa's back in our preteen days were definitely cut outta' some no B.S. stout stuff"

*in the military, I'd razor strop that Gerber MK-II Commando on my 782/deuce web gear, I could shave with that one:starspin:
It got broke in half,I still got the blade around here somewhere ( I think it's in the 95 fords tool box,I'd split the eyehole & flaired out the two sides of 6" adjustable crescent wrench & welded that on as a handle),,,SHEESE! ,,,when I could hit it just right, that thing would penetrate one side of those old heavy galvanized garbage cans slinging it from 20 yards away :lmao2: if it didn't strike point first it put a big dent in it with a resounding " CLUNGGGG" sound:lmao:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:thumbup: I carry one some times, this one I got shoots straight out the end of the handle, with the double edged blade being cut out 3/4 of it's blade length in the center/middle in order for it to retract back into it's handle. It's opened up twice on me while driving shooting thru the left rear back pocket of two pair of wrangler jeans, so it lives on the coffee table mostly, I gotta' be careful while laying on the couch drinking & playing with it,"you'll poke yer' eye out with that thing"

* I prefer any one of several of those one hand folder lock blades, there's a blue million manufacters, Columbia River makes pretty good ones,I mostly carry a Colt M-4-k,lock blade,I dummy cord them thru the lanyard hole with 550 para cord& with a practiced pull& snap from just the knotted end of the cord hanging out of the pocket it's opened ,locked& recoils back up into yer' hand, pretty useful trick while up on ladders and the likes.
I had a really good spyderco humpbacked one hander with the thumb hole in the blade, I got pulled over one night a couple of years ago with two "party girls" in the truck with me,they said"don't let them search the truck"(as they clutched their purses:lmao:)
Well, they wanted to search the truck,I refused to grant them their request,for our mutual safety I was patted down& the cop laid that blade above the windshield wiper of his cruiser, he seen my classA cdl license, he said they weren't gonna wait around for a warrant to arrive to search the truck as a priority response call was popping off over their radio's just at that time& they all sped away heading east,,,with my benchmade on the windshield of cruiser #2

For game skinning I use an ' Outdoor Edge' T-handle Game Skinner,with the gut hook cut up on top of the blades spine towards the broad sweeping blades point(though, it doesn't have a point on it,really:lmao2:) I've a really gorgeous " Hen&Rooster" Buffalo blade skinning knife ,with high luster metal finish & stag horn handle grips, I skinned a deer half way out with it before going back to my T-handle,as it just wasn't cutting it like what I'd gotten used to( I had regulated it to wallhanger duty around here somewhere:huh:)

Combat? Cold Steel brands ,a big double edged fighting knife (same length as the Gerber mk-2 commando, only blade width is almost twice in width)

& on my "grab-n-roll" tac-vest swings a big ol' Marine Raider bowie(ya, I'd put a lot of file time into the top of that drop clip point blade in bringing out a edge,as that was the salient feature of the Bowie's design in making it such a devastatingly fearsome blade to face, as while swung in an horizontal slashing strike the wielder merely back swings the blade never changing the blades gripped position in the hand ,catching the target with the concave curved 3"-4" cutting edge on the top of the bladeo_O

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

:thumbup:
Well, I guess we can officially add Dangerous behind Armed and now.

nobody

Reaction score
I have my dads Case knife, only two blades. He died 14 years ago and he had it probably 20 before that, I almost put it in his casket with him, but figured he'd rather it be used.

I bet it's nice having a nice reminder of him that you can keep around, too.