What is your primary feeling about the Saints game?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
My overwhelming sense about this week's game against the New Orleans Saints is Curiosity. I am not particularly afraid the Cowboys will lose the game, but simultaneously would not be totally shocked if they do.

The Cowboys are playing a capable team in their own home field, captained by a former 1st round pick Quarterback with winning experience in the NFL. Bridgewater has an 18-12 record as a starter in the NFL, and has thrown for more touchdowns than interceptions. This Saints team should have been the NFC representative in last year's Superbowl, so they have more talent than their injured QB. They are a legitimate contender, even with Brees sidelined, and Bridgewater starting in his place. And the Saints are very motivated to avenge the embarassing loss they experienced last year at the hands of a rising Dallas team.

On the other hand, the Cowboys ARE a rising team. And all indications from the team are that they are still on the rise, and are much better this year than last year's team that dealt the loss to the Saints. Despite the hand-wringing by some fans, outside a couple of garbage time touchdowns, the defense is giving up only 10 points per game during the competitive phase of the game, and the offense is putting up triple that amount. This would be a tough game for the Saints to win even with Drew Brees still in the lineup.

So, my predominant feeling going into Sunday is curiosity. I want to know just how good this Cowboys team really is. And it will also be illuminating to find out just how good this Saints team is. Are they still the team that was one blown pass interference call away from being in the Super Bowl? Are they still really the class of the National Football Conference? Or have the Cowboys eclipsed the Saints, as the odds makers in Las Vegas seem to believe?

Inquiring minds want to know...

catiii

Reaction score
Well stated!! :thumbup: Going to be an awesome prime time game (that the Cowboys will win, of course!!) with lots of people throwing things at TVs because I think the score will go back and forth several times. Weak fans may need to walk the dog during the game to keep from over-stressing themselves. :laugh::grin:
But you said everything I'm thinking. Can't wait to watch the Cowboys open the pressie on the Saints!
We going to smack some VOODOO on dem Saints! :flagwave:

Last edited:

RoboQB

Reaction score
My feeling is that Dallas beat them last year with Brees and
they'll beat them this year without Brees.

I'll even predict that Taysom Hill finishes this game at QB.

The Cowboys have improved. The Saints have regressed.
Cowboys win 31-22.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I kinda have a gut feeling New Orleans will accept what they already knew when Brees went down. I live in Louisiana and last year I was told to not come back into certain public places with my Cowboy sideline pullover on after they beat Dallas also me and 9 other close friends have this thing called “hate week” where the Cowboy fans and Saints fans trash each others teams daily. My point is this town is vacant nobody has anything to say or at least the confidence from last year is completely gone. We need to eat whatever soul this Saints team has left seriously.

JayFord

Reaction score
I think NO comes in cocky because they handed Seattle their butts in seattle and they see us as the media sees the bills at 3-0 and think itll be a cakewalk and we win 21-20

Maverick84

Reaction score
What is your primary feeling about the Saints game?
giphy.gif

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
I think the Saint's are getting too much credit. I see a blow out coming. Dallas saw the fight in the Saint's vs Seattle which was key. So there is no way Dallas won't be sharp imo, which might have been the case without Brees. And if Dallas is sharp they will blow out the Saint's, the talent difference is steep. I think Dak will keep this team rolling all year, and it will therefore be very hard to beat them, they are the best most balanced team in the NFL imo.

jay94

Reaction score
Neutral the Cowboys offense has over performed mainly Dak, hope and want him to continue this until the end of time. Regardless what people will say I believe the defense has under performed. I don't know what the secondary does to catch errant throws, but something needs to change, I believe we have had the worst catching defense for years, and that is overly apparent this year. Turnovers win games, were allergic to catching passes from the opposing qbs.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It’s a measuring stick. This is a game we should win if we think we have a contender.

Agreed. A handful of years ago, this would be your letdown game where Dallas lays an egg. If Dallas is truly a contender, they'll show up and play good football. What the final score comes out to be is secondary to how they play this game.

Techsass

Reaction score
My gut feeling is that we're better, but I realize I'm a die hard homer. I haven't seen them play yet, so I really don't know what to expect.

I think this might be a more competitive game than our first 3, which I'm looking forward to. Still think we beat them by at least 10 points.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My overwhelming sense about this week's game against the New Orleans Saints is Curiosity. I am not particularly afraid the Cowboys will lose the game, but simultaneously would not be totally shocked if they do.

The Cowboys are playing a capable team in their own home field, captained by a former 1st round pick Quarterback with winning experience in the NFL. Bridgewater has an 18-12 record as a starter in the NFL, and has thrown for more touchdowns than interceptions. This Saints team should have been the NFC representative in last year's Superbowl, so they have more talent than their injured QB. They are a legitimate contender, even with Brees sidelined, and Bridgewater starting in his place. And the Saints are very motivated to avenge the embarassing loss they experienced last year at the hands of a rising Dallas team.

On the other hand, the Cowboys ARE a rising team. And all indications from the team are that they are still on the rise, and are much better this year than last year's team that dealt the loss to the Saints. Despite the hand-wringing by some fans, outside a couple of garbage time touchdowns, the defense is giving up only 10 points per game during the competitive phase of the game, and the offense is putting up triple that amount. This would be a tough game for the Saints to win even with Drew Brees still in the lineup.

So, my predominant feeling going into Sunday is curiosity. I want to know just how good this Cowboys team really is. And it will also be illuminating to find out just how good this Saints team is. Are they still the team that was one blown pass interference call away from being in the Super Bowl? Are they still really the class of the National Football Conference? Or have the Cowboys eclipsed the Saints, as the odds makers in Las Vegas seem to believe?

Inquiring minds want to know...
I was thinking along same lines as you.
It would be more interesting if Brees was playing though.
after seeing GB play thursday, we may have to wait for the NE game to see how good dallas really is.

I did watch the saints Seattle game , and Saints looked good, and they are at home. It could depend on how the game starts out, which team
makes a big play, and then turnovers.
The Saints should be the best team dallas has faced, so that is something.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Facing a good team i know we could lose but we wont. Garrett teams are typically ready to play. Moore offenses are designed to keep scoring and not just run out the clock. And our defense hasn't played to the level of their talent yet. We are the buzzsaw teams will run into this year and we are getting better.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We played 3 teams so far and beat them soundly. As we should have. I see us playing at a high level against better teams and not letting off the pedal.

DanA

Reaction score
My gut feeling is it will look like a watered-down version of the Giants game where the Saints secondary gets torched biting on play-action. I feel it will be 32-17 and a comfortable win.

The most intriguing battle for me is Cameron Jordan vs La'el Collins but really the whole Saints D-line is pretty good.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I see this as a test for our talented roster. One, this is a game where we have to have a 'refuse to lose' attitude. NO will scratch and claw to win this contest. Payton will have his troops ready, with a few surprises in store for us.
Our coaches will have to step up. They need to show that in a game where having the best talent isn't enough, they can get get us in position to pull it out.
Ol Idgit is right. If we're a contender to go further in the playoffs, this is the type of games we have to win.