What is your primary feeling about the Saints game?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is Dak’s first game going back home.?,

I guess it’s not a big deal. Seems like something normally brought up.

I think he’s ready to make us 4-0.

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think that everyone picking the Saints to win and are doubting the Cowboys and Dak, may work out in our favor. In a similar way that it did last season when everyone was picking the Saints to win and wasn't giving the Cowboys a chance.

The Cowboys just might come out with a chip on their shoulder, knowing that they have a chance to earn respect on National TV and play inspired football to come out with a win.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
My overwhelming sense about this week's game against the New Orleans Saints is Curiosity. I am not particularly afraid the Cowboys will lose the game, but simultaneously would not be totally shocked if they do.

The Cowboys are playing a capable team in their own home field, captained by a former 1st round pick Quarterback with winning experience in the NFL. Bridgewater has an 18-12 record as a starter in the NFL, and has thrown for more touchdowns than interceptions. This Saints team should have been the NFC representative in last year's Superbowl, so they have more talent than their injured QB. They are a legitimate contender, even with Brees sidelined, and Bridgewater starting in his place. And the Saints are very motivated to avenge the embarassing loss they experienced last year at the hands of a rising Dallas team.

On the other hand, the Cowboys ARE a rising team. And all indications from the team are that they are still on the rise, and are much better this year than last year's team that dealt the loss to the Saints. Despite the hand-wringing by some fans, outside a couple of garbage time touchdowns, the defense is giving up only 10 points per game during the competitive phase of the game, and the offense is putting up triple that amount. This would be a tough game for the Saints to win even with Drew Brees still in the lineup.

So, my predominant feeling going into Sunday is curiosity. I want to know just how good this Cowboys team really is. And it will also be illuminating to find out just how good this Saints team is. Are they still the team that was one blown pass interference call away from being in the Super Bowl? Are they still really the class of the National Football Conference? Or have the Cowboys eclipsed the Saints, as the odds makers in Las Vegas seem to believe?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Dem Boyz, Dat Who

Cowboys by 13 points

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys are going to lose this game in the same fashion that they lost the Rams game in the playoffs. We will not be able to stop Kamara and because of that the Saints will be able to control time of posession. I'm predicting 24-17 Saints win, unfortunately. Prescott will return to normalcy without Gallup once again and Zeke will get going late, but not soon enough to help make a difference.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I think that everyone picking the Saints to win and are doubting the Cowboys and Dak, may work out in our favor. In a similar way that it did last season when everyone was picking the Saints to win and wasn't giving the Cowboys a chance.

The Cowboys just might come out with a chip on their shoulder, knowing that they have a chance to earn respect on National TV and play inspired football to come out with a win.
We beat them last time. We have a better team this year. Their QB is out.

GenoT

Reaction score
The Saints should prove to be a tougher game than the first three, but my primary feeling is we’ll be 4-0 before Monday.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
It's a long season I'm watching the game with an open mind. I don't really know what this game would tell me win or loose. In hope they win, play well and do the same when GB. comes to town. How they look and where they are week 17 is when I'll get a feel for the teams post season chances. Going to enjoy the ride though.

jaybird

Reaction score
My overwhelming sense about this week's game against the New Orleans Saints is Curiosity. I am not particularly afraid the Cowboys will lose the game, but simultaneously would not be totally shocked if they do.

The Cowboys are playing a capable team in their own home field, captained by a former 1st round pick Quarterback with winning experience in the NFL. Bridgewater has an 18-12 record as a starter in the NFL, and has thrown for more touchdowns than interceptions. This Saints team should have been the NFC representative in last year's Superbowl, so they have more talent than their injured QB. They are a legitimate contender, even with Brees sidelined, and Bridgewater starting in his place. And the Saints are very motivated to avenge the embarassing loss they experienced last year at the hands of a rising Dallas team.

On the other hand, the Cowboys ARE a rising team. And all indications from the team are that they are still on the rise, and are much better this year than last year's team that dealt the loss to the Saints. Despite the hand-wringing by some fans, outside a couple of garbage time touchdowns, the defense is giving up only 10 points per game during the competitive phase of the game, and the offense is putting up triple that amount. This would be a tough game for the Saints to win even with Drew Brees still in the lineup.

So, my predominant feeling going into Sunday is curiosity. I want to know just how good this Cowboys team really is. And it will also be illuminating to find out just how good this Saints team is. Are they still the team that was one blown pass interference call away from being in the Super Bowl? Are they still really the class of the National Football Conference? Or have the Cowboys eclipsed the Saints, as the odds makers in Las Vegas seem to believe?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Anxious&nervous

9darter

Reaction score
You guys and all your 'feelings'.

How about going into this just being confident and expecting a win and then that's it.

fredp22

Reaction score
with Brees I would have expected a 37-35 type game and we could have been on either side.
With Bridgewater I can see us on top of a 27-24 type game with Kamara being the focus. Bridgewater looked better last week and may be even better as he gets use to his receivers/plays although he goes thru stretches where he just seems lost.
I just hope Payton doesnt out coach Garrett (adjustments and playing to other teams weaknesses)

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I penciled this one in as a loss when schedule came out. Bree’s or not, losing to the Saints in N.O. Does not mean the Cowboys are not a top tier team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
My feeling is it is just a week 4 game Dallas needs to win in order to increase the odds of making the playoffs and determine playoff seeding. I’ll withhold my measuring stick moments for how the team actually performs in the playoffs. We know the team can win against the Saints in the regular season. We don’t know if they can make a deep playoff run.

Hardline

Reaction score
My gut feeling is the Saints totally shut down our running game and Bridgewater has a career day.

sbark

Reaction score
Be a good measuring stick on progress of Dallas coaching acumen. With the loss of Bree's s.peyton is rising to a challenge, probably even motivates him even more.

Can Dallas show continued ability to make adjustments on the go, make smart clock decisions, force match ups, prevent unfavorable match ups via Peyton's movements.

Game within the game

GMO415

Reaction score
Everyone on TV is treating Dak like he's a rookie QB talking about "he's about to be overwhelmed by the noise and talent."

He's one of the best QBs this year and is a fourth year veteran! He's having an MVP type season do far.

Where is this BS coming from?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t think we’d be a favorite if Brees was playing. While this will be a test it’s not the same measuring stick without Brees.

But it will be one of the next few games which tells us more about who we are. This begins a stretch which culminates against the Egirls In 3 weeks which will define more about who we are.

kskboys

Reaction score
Our O has been needing a test. And here she comes!!!!!

The Saints snuck up to 14th rated D in the NFL last season, 2nd vs the run, and then added Malcolm Brown and Mario Edwards, both valuable rotation guys.