What Is Your Unpopular Cowboys Opinion?

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Primetime has nothing on Anthony Brown and Micah Parsons is no Bobby Carpenter :laugh:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I saw this somewhere and thought it would be fun to hear others opinions.

It can be anything, historical or current. I'll start:

I think Tony Romo might be the most talented Cowboys QB ever, but he was ruined by bad defenses, Jason Garrett, and injuries. I also believe that if we went back to him in 2016 we would've had a much better shot reaching the Super Bowl. I supported sticking with Dak at the time, because I was over Romo always missing time, but Romo was probably the best option that year looking back. It would have also gave Dak a great veteran QB to learn behind.

Romo was one of the most talened ever.

I would have also like to have seen him play that year.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
I like A Brown and LVE. I think that they both have talent and fans on the internet just like to moan.

Put respect on their name.

Go Dallas!!!

:clap:

I like Brown too if the dude would just turn his head and look for the ball! LVE I can't help ya, slow, out of position, gets pushed around and it doesn't help that next to Parsons most guys are going to look pedestrian. I think we can do better in the draft.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree with you.

I think we need a full time fullback in the offense. Not an extra guard we put in the backfield or anything like that. A big guy who is good at blocking and can catch and also run here and there. If you want to establish yourself as a power running team it just makes sense.
I don't see how it would hurt to suit up #46 and put in a few plays for him.

If nothing else it would give teams another thing to prep for.

shabazz

Reaction score
Cowboys have a portion of their fanbase.....that wear helmets in their daily lives.......

Don’t you concern yourself with my crimson helmet.....or the rest of the fan bases helmets.

fivetwos

Reaction score
My unpopular opinion off the top of my head.....

Goodwin is NOT some sort of ST "demon" and is a waste of a roster spot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My unpopular opinion off the top of my head.....

Goodwin is NOT some sort of ST "demon" and is a waste of a roster spot.
I think he's a good ST player...my only thing is, he shouldn't take a roster spot of someone with potential. Now if he's not doing that I have no issue with him.

shabazz

Reaction score
Danny White was a better QB and pure passer/athlete than any Cowboys QB not named Staubach or Aikman, and he wasn’t far behind them, playing with teams on the way down who just weren’t as good as their opponents in the NFC Championship games.

Your not alone, and as a matter of fact I would add that you can take Aikmann off that list.

Aikman was an accurate and talented Qb, no doubt, but I don’t believe he could have done as much with the teams that Danny White had around him. It’s not Aikmann fault that he had so many Pro Bowlers around him I just believe that except for his prototypical size and arm strength, Aikmann wasn’t as versatile and able to do more with less than Whitey.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think he's a good ST player...my only thing is, he shouldn't take a roster spot of someone with potential. Now if he's not doing that I have no issue with him.
Well yeah, but with all the funny roster manipulation stuff going on some weeks ago...I just don't think he is worth keeping around considering he will never be a viable DB.

His ST play isn't bad.....but not good enough considering it's the only thing he does.

RS12

Reaction score
mel renfro is the greatest cowboys cornerback of all time.
:bow:#20:bow:
I don't think that is false or unpopular. HOFer and special team star as well. The one corner I think could have been great was Kevin Smith but injuries derailed his career.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well yeah, but with all the funny roster manipulation stuff going on some weeks ago...I just don't think he is worth keeping around considering he will never be a viable DB.

His ST play isn't bad.....but not good enough considering it's the only thing he does.
I kind of agree with you...but I also think he's our best special teams player lol.