What Is Your Unpopular Cowboys Opinion?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
When Tyron Smith plays the OL is not nearly as bad as people on here act like it is.

Not trying to hate on Tyron but he's sorta one dimensional at this point. He struggles with elite speed and he is not a great run blocker. So, what you have left is a guy who is still very good at pass blocking the good to below average players but can get beat in pass pro & makes it difficult to run outside left tackle.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
My unpopular opinion is that Romo was biggest choker in the history of the league. Just too many crazy faux pauxs to overlook.

you mean when guys like Crayton (believe it was Crayton) don't catch a 5 yard lob pass that would have sealed the game against the Giants in the playoffs?

not saying Tony didn't make mistakes but I think he gets blamed for other players failures.

RaZon

Reaction score
Don Perkins (to the left) should have been our first 1000 yard rusher not a cat out of a Yale....Calvin Hill.

Mel Renfro was a stud RB at Oregon, also a world class hurdler/WR 4x1, over 25 foot long jumper, why defense?

Bullet Bob was also a college RB, we could have got more creative with him.

johneric8

Reaction score
you mean when guys like Crayton (believe it was Crayton) don't catch a 5 yard lob pass that would have sealed the game against the Giants in the playoffs?

not saying Tony didn't make mistakes but I think he gets blamed for other players failures.
You're right, he had some key contributes to him not succeeding, but even in games that they won, Romo was known for almost giving them away in the weirdest of ways. Like I said to other guys on the forum, I'm known for visiting other teams forums and it always frustrated me that no one took Romo seriously.. I can tell you that Dak gets 10000 times more respect than Romo did with fans of other teams and that is because time and time again Romo gave teams life.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Unpopular Opinion

The front office is a team strength and has been since about 2005.

Some others that are less popular but maybe not unpopular so much as controversial:

• Mike McCarthy is an EXCELLENT coach and the best we've had since Parcells, maybe better.
  • We should have kept Demarco Murray in 2015.
  • Lawrence is an excellent edge rusher.
  • Tyron Smith is NOT injury prone so much as he's had bad luck
  • Parsons should play LB more than he plays DL so long as Lawrence and Gregory are healthy
  • Anthony Brown is a fine starter in this league
  • Amari Cooper is the best WR on the team by a mile
  • Kazee is the worst starter on Defense by impact
  • The problems on offense right now start with Moore and McCarthy, even if there are other issues.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Mine goes back to the early 70s.When Murchison Jr. refused to give Duane Thomas a raise in salary. Duane said that a friend of his that played for the Cardinals got paid $25,000 for being rookie of the year. Duane couldn't even get a small piece of the pie..Bob Lilly once said that Duane Thomas reminded him of Jim Brown. Said he had those same moves.

Last edited:

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I saw this somewhere and thought it would be fun to hear others opinions.

It can be anything, historical or current. I'll start:

I think Tony Romo might be the most talented Cowboys QB ever, but he was ruined by bad defenses, Jason Garrett, and injuries. I also believe that if we went back to him in 2016 we would've had a much better shot reaching the Super Bowl. I supported sticking with Dak at the time, because I was over Romo always missing time, but Romo was probably the best option that year looking back. It would have also gave Dak a great veteran QB to learn behind.
I am a Romo fan , Many of the JG years , because of him the offense was succeding and not because of JG and his outdated offensive philosophy, but I had a peeve against him , he was a risk taker ( borderline wreckless) , if he could have been little more patient and used the pieces around him effectively he would have had more success and in the process cowboys could have advanced in playoffs, true certain years he didnt have any chance as the D was so bad.

Example : like the infamous Dez “ catch “ he was trying for homerun , I believe there was 1st down underneath available.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
The team should wear the navy jerseys at home at least 3 times per year and should start wearing the color rush jersey with silver pants and navy socks 2 times a year. The classic whites at home a max of 4 times per year. At least we know the throwbacks are coming back next year!

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My two most unpopular Cowboys opinions both involved Romo. I stated numerous times we would never win a Super Bowl with him because of the turnovers, primarily the untimely turnovers and that he would lose his job after he was injured in preseason in 2016 if Dak were to play well. I ended up being right on both but was brutally attacked after giving those opinions. lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I think it was good that the NFL came to it's senses and came into the 21 Century and let weed be legal for the sake of having Randy Gregory being able to play. Then again, maybe not so much for Zeke because he looks stoned every time he takes the field. Medicinal weed has it's values for all sorts of ailments.

Now, for all the goody two shoes, you don't have to like it and also I don't recommend any kind of drug except...