What Is Your Unpopular Cowboys Opinion?

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't that is false or unpopular. HOFer and special team star as well. The one corner I think could have been great was Kevin Smith but injuries derailed his career.
it is with prime-timers.

he was also one of our greatest safeties.
cornell green is someone else i'd rank over prime.
all-pro at both cb and s.

pretty incredible that coach landry had not 1 but 2 special talents that made all-pro and multiple pro bowls at BOTH CB and S.
its hard enough to find 1....let alone 2.

:bow:OUR☆HISTORY:bow:

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I agree with you.

I think we need a full time fullback in the offense. Not an extra guard we put in the backfield or anything like that. A big guy who is good at blocking and can catch and also run here and there. If you want to establish yourself as a power running team it just makes sense.
Yes, wouldn't it be nice to find another moose.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
My unpopular views:

......Jimmy Johnson staying around in the 1990s wouldn't necessarily have extended the dynasty any further. Johnson himself said in an NFL Films interview he was exhausted after 1993 and might not have coached longer. And some Cowboys said they were really weary of him.

.........had Romo not bobbled the snap, Dallas still would have lost. The Seahawks would simply march downfield on our sorry defense, kick a field goal, and win 23-21.

........Wade Phillips shouldn't have been fired mid-season.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I think that the lack of discipline and the players ability to just get Jerry on their side while going around coaching has destroyed this teams chance at a Superbowl for 25 years.

johneric8

Reaction score
I saw this somewhere and thought it would be fun to hear others opinions.

It can be anything, historical or current. I'll start:

I think Tony Romo might be the most talented Cowboys QB ever, but he was ruined by bad defenses, Jason Garrett, and injuries. I also believe that if we went back to him in 2016 we would've had a much better shot reaching the Super Bowl. I supported sticking with Dak at the time, because I was over Romo always missing time, but Romo was probably the best option that year looking back. It would have also gave Dak a great veteran QB to learn behind.
My unpopular opinion is that Romo was biggest choker in the history of the league. Just too many crazy faux pauxs to overlook.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
The Jones family curse (no championships in the last 25 years) will not be broken in my lifetime. (actuarial tables put me at about 20 more years) Hope I am wrong though.
I hope you out live it because it is there with Jerruh. When he's gone so is the curse.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Ask Emmitt what he thought about moose Johnson?
Moose was not one dimensional..he help loosen up defenses with his pass catching..special teams etc...many times he would keep drives going with his catches out in the flat..especially in the beginning of games when teams were stacked to stop Emmit and Double Michael
..Moose would provide another weapon that defenses had to account for..far from one dimensional..he

shabazz

Reaction score
My unpopular opinion is that Romo was biggest choker in the history of the league. Just too many crazy faux pauxs to overlook.

Unpopular?... 50 of the board would agree.

Too many posters signatures either had him muffing the snap or showing him injured on the field to prove otherwise......probably the first ever despised QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

johneric8

Reaction score
Unpopular?... 50 of the board would agree.

Too many posters signatures either had him muffing the snap or showing him injured on the field to prove otherwise......probably the first ever despised QB of the Dallas Cowboys.
I liked Romo, he was a gamer, but he drove me insane and always had me nervous for the games... I was very happy when dak came along to at least give me a sense of stability. The reason I say it's unpopular is because there are guy's on this forum that would of rather kept romo in even though he would of broke like a pop tart stuck in the toaster.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Moose was not one dimensional..he help loosen up defenses with his pass catching..special teams etc...many times he would keep drives going with his catches out in the flat..especially in the beginning of games when teams were stacked to stop Emmit and Double Michael
..Moose would provide another weapon that defenses had to account for..far from one dimensional..he
And a great team player.You have your superstars but mix in a few team players like Moose Johnson, the best icing on the cake.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think Tony Romo might be the most talented Cowboys QB ever, but he was ruined by bad defenses, Jason Garrett, and injuries. I also believe that if we went back to him in 2016 we would've had a much better shot reaching the Super Bowl. I supported sticking with Dak at the time, because I was over Romo always missing time, but Romo was probably the best option that year looking back. It would have also gave Dak a great veteran QB to learn behind.

I don't know that he was the most talented but he definitely had a lot of talent, desire\intellect to learn the game and did raise the talent around him.

Of course, he should have played in 2016. Sending a rookie QB to the playoffs is simply self defeating. No reason at all you couldn't have kept packages for Dak.

Should have brought Tony back in 2017 if he wanted to and was physically cleared. As you said, if nothing else but to show Dak how much he didn't know.