What kind of coach tosses his own team under the bus?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL.

What? Coaches take the heat all the time for their players.

Give me an example. Go ahead, rattle off a list of examples where a coach specifically takes blame for something that wasn’t on him and then show me how that benefits him and the team and correlated to Ws

The argument of “throwing under the bus” doesn’t work here - if you are at fault, you are at fault. The rest is just theater for the press - I guess Garrett could just go vague as possible like Belichick, but with Belichicks record of cutting people, he’s not exactly out there trying to protect his players. He’s pretty brutal.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He said on the radio Kellen calls the plays and that Dak had options and chose the wrong one. Oh and Tavon was given several different options as well. What a Turd.
Ya,right,as in : the#10 was given multiple & varying degrees of options to fair catch call it,,, anywhere on the field ,is more like ito_O

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

That does get lost. I don't bring it up because I say enough positive about Garrett. He needs to go. ITs why I wanted him to say until about 2 years ago. But 2 years ago is when I realized.....good guy...probably a great head coach for another team. But for this organization? He's not it. One thing that is consistent is that he consistently loses to teams just as good as his team is or better. This team needs a head coach that can win some games for them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Give me an example. Go ahead, rattle off a list of examples where a coach specifically takes blame for something that wasn’t on him and then show me how that benefits him and the team and correlated to Ws

The argument of “throwing under the bus” doesn’t work here - if you are at fault, you are at fault. The rest is just theater for the press - I guess Garrett could just go vague as possible like Belichick, but with Belichicks record of cutting people, he’s not exactly out there trying to protect his players. He’s pretty brutal.

Doug Pederson takes the heat all the time up here in Philly. Andy Reid is notorious for taking the heat. At one point, Eagles fans would rip him because he'd always say things like "I have to put players in a better position to succeed" and stuff like that.

Your defense of Garrett here is chuckleworthy. What you saw is a coach that now feels the pressure as his own owner is now pretty much questioning him in the press.

jsb357

Reaction score
jggoat.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Doug Pederson takes the heat all the time up here in Philly. Andy Reid is notorious for taking the heat. At one point, Eagles fans would rip him because he'd always say things like "I have to put players in a better position to succeed" and stuff like that.

Your defense of Garrett here is chuckleworthy. What you saw is a coach that now feels the pressure as his own owner is now pretty much questioning him in the press.

Doug Peterson was one of the people calling Wentz out about leadership and how he needs to become a better teammate! That’s when Wentz was getting destroyed by the media lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He just said on the radio Kellen calls the plays when talking about the 2 and 2 and 3 and 2 at the end of the game.

1. I don't believe that cuz I saw him and Moore talking to Dak, and Dak's look of exasperation was directed at Garrett from what I saw. So, if this is the case, Garrett is a liar.

2. Even if that WAS Moore's call, Garrett is the HC. He is SUPPOSED to overrule his OC if the call is a tactical disadvantage. So he's incompetent if this is the case.

Or, it could be a combination. Either way, Garrett needs to look in the mirror. Oh, and as for him talking about accountability, he's a bloody hypocrite!! He's throwing others under the bus to save his own skin without saying what he did wrong.

Sydla

Reaction score
Doug Peterson was one of the people calling Wentz out about leadership and how he needs to become a better teammate! That’s when Wentz was getting destroyed by the media lol

Yeah he didn't really "call him out" about his leadership. He was asked a question and this was his response:

"I think everyone can be a better teammate. I can be a better coach to the team. I think being a better teammate would just be being a little more vulnerable. A little more accessible. You are obviously committed to your craft and your skill. You want to walk across the isle and talk to the other side," Pederson said at the NFL Coaches Breakfast Tuesday.

"That is all part of the maturation process and a growth process. It is something that you learn through time. I watched it with some of the greatest quarterbacks I ever played with. I saw it with Dan Marino, I saw it with Brett Favre. Guys that, for them to become better teammates, they embraced the entire team and take on that personality. Then people follow. Carson has that in him, he has that in his DNA, and that is what we are excited about.

"Part of my job is to help all the players on the team become better teammates. That is part of my job. I am looking forward to working with him again this season."

Hardly the same thing as Garrett coming out after a bad loss and basically saying, hey, not my fault........... the OC and the QB screwed up. Don't blame me.

I am curious. Do you think Garrett is doing a fine job? Would you extend him? I am generally curious.

X550i

Reaction score
If this is what he said on public radio, imagine the conversation with the 'bosses' behind closed doors.
The players have tire marks on their faces.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah he didn't really "call him out" about his leadership. He was asked a question and this was his response:

Hardly the same thing as Garrett coming out after a bad loss and basically saying, hey, not my fault........... the OC and the QB screwed up. Don't blame me.

I am curious. Do you think Garrett is doing a fine job? Would you extend him? I am generally curious.

Lol you mean exactly what Garrett did? Did you actually watch the freakin’ press conference or go off what people told you?

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/presser-jason-garrett-postgame-week-10-vs-min

Watch it. He actually praised Dak a hell of a lot. So where was anyone thrown under the bus? He was asked questions, he answered....like Pederson. That’s what a post-game conference is about lol

And I have already made my thoughts on Garrett clear on this board. That’s doesn’t mean I am going to exaggerate a press conference to create an easy shot.

> Dak, Coop, Cobb made a number of big time plays. It was a hard fought game between two games

That sums up what Garrett said. You folks are reaching here - he still wouldn’t be in the wrong if he called out the mistakes by players because it would have been accurate.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol you mean exactly what Garrett did? Did you actually watch the freakin’ press conference or go off what people told you?

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/presser-jason-garrett-postgame-week-10-vs-min

Watch it. He actually praised Dak a hell of a lot. So where was anyone thrown under the bus? He was asked questions, he answered....like Pederson. That’s what a post-game conference is about lol

He made it clear that he's not responsible for what happened at the end of the game. Which is what I expect from a guy who knows his job is now severely on the line.

You can take off the Garrett blinders any time you wish. I know it's hard coming to the reality that the guy simply isn't the answer after backing him for so long.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He made it clear that he's not responsible for what happened at the end of the game. Which is what I expect from a guy who knows his job is now severely on the line.

You can take off the Garrett blinders any time you wish. I know it's hard coming to the reality that the guy simply isn't the answer after backing him for so long.

I don’t like Garrett and will be okay once he is gone. I think he’s a mediocre coach who gets mediocre results. Now that that is out of the way with your baseless assumption...

If it wasn’t on Garrett at the end of the game, if it wasn’t his play call, if he wasn’t the one who forced Dak to make those decisions - how the hell is anyone being thrown under the bus? He’s pointing you to the direction where you can get a better answer.

Again, he specifically praised the very players he supposedly “threw under the bus” - more praise than i’d give them.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t like Garrett and will be okay once he is gone. I think he’s a mediocre coach who gets mediocre results. Now that that is out of the way with your baseless assumption...

If it wasn’t on Garrett at the end of the game, if it wasn’t his play call, if he wasn’t the one who forced Dak to make those decisions - how the hell is anyone being thrown under the bus? He’s pointing you to the direction where you can get a better answer.

Again, he specifically praised the very players he supposedly “threw under the bus” - more praise than i’d give them.

Very simple, don't single out who made the mistake.

It's really not that hard a concept. It just looks like excuse making from a weak coach who knows his job is now in serious doubt.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Very simple, don't single out who made the mistake.

It's really not that hard a concept. It just looks like excuse making from a weak coach who knows his job is now in serious doubt.

He was asked a question! Lol He even specifically said in the freakin’ conference how Dak made great plays in critical moments.

You’re wanting him to answer and take the fall for something he had no control over. This is just petty. Nobody in the locker room is going to give a crap about this.

Also, when bringing up Kellen, he actually explained Kellen’s reasoning and helped to understand why Moore called the play he did. It wasn’t even a criticism lol