What kind of coach tosses his own team under the bus?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'm not going to believe that Garrett had nothing to do with those playcalls, since he emphasized how important it was to run the ball in that situation. Sounds like someone defending a coaching decision that was made. If the option was on Dak for the RPO, then why did Garrett feel the need to mention that it was so important to run the ball to run time off of the clock?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jon Machota
@jonmachota
· 29m
Jason Garrett on @1053thefan on the two run plays late: “Kellen’s calling the game. In that situation it’s 2nd and 2. He felt like he had a good opportunity against a favorable box to run the ball in those situations. On each of those plays we had options beyond just the run.”
That sad thing is he was right, it was set up for the run IF your C and LG can just block their guy just a little - but Fred got blown up and that 3rd down play had no where to go. It did look like he turned and yelled at the sidelines right after getting torched. Wish we knew what he said.

Reactions: CWR

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
For me it goes back to that game against the Skins where Tashard Choice fumbled a little swing pass on the last play of the half and they ran it in for a TD. Horrendous high-risk, no-reward play. We lost 13-6 as Garrett's offense gave up more points than our defense did.

Jason ducked the media, then when they finally cornered him he refused to take blame. He let Wade take the bullet even though Phillips had nothing to do with it.

And then years later he threw Romo under the bus even though Tony was the only reason he had any success at all.

Glad people are seeing he's not this amazing human being our media have built him up to be.
That's when my dislike of Garrett really started. Couldn't believe he did that to Tony when he was the main reason we ever won at all.

MikeB80

Reaction score
A coach who knows he’s about to be fired.

He can't be fired. He can only be not resigned. It's a pretty convenient way for Jerry and Steve to say we decided to go in a new direction without actually having to put Garrett through the process of being fired.

He is even going to escape that in the end.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The team wasn't ready to play again and he throws Dak, Moore, and Tavon under the bus. He should be fired just for that.
a coach that knows his time is short and now the snowball effect starts as the team starts to come apart at the seams....wait until we get through NE and totally get out coached

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Garrett is not in charge of that offense. That's Moore. You guys can't have it one way. When it goes good its Moore. When it goes bad its Garrett.
Garrett is the HC. He's in charge of everything.

links18

Reaction score
He just said on the radio Kellen calls the plays when talking about the 2 and 2 and 3 and 2 at the end of the game.

Kellen calls the plays, until the head coach overrules him. Apparently, we don't have a head coach.

leeblair

Reaction score
The team wasn't ready to play again and he throws Dak, Moore, and Tavon under the bus. He should be fired just for that.
Well, to be fair, he's not a coach.
Garrett doesn't have the instincts to be a coach.
He's a very well paid butt kisser.

CWR

Reaction score
Jon Machota
@jonmachota
· 29m
Jason Garrett on @1053thefan on the two run plays late: “Kellen’s calling the game. In that situation it’s 2nd and 2. He felt like he had a good opportunity against a favorable box to run the ball in those situations. On each of those plays we had options beyond just the run.”

Meh, I love to bash Garrett but if hes telling the truth so be it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wrong. A head coach protects his players and coaches because a head coach is ultimately responsible for all of them. Being a pragmatist in these situations makes him look bad.

lol protects his players? My dude, Garrett has a career, why take the blame for something that isn’t on you?

This is a dog eat dog world, nobody is going to be loyal to you in a league made up of contracts and FA.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Wish for once he'd take the blame. But coward puppets don't do that. Anything to protect his sorry behind.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Interviews:
Dak - if I convert that 4th down we're not talking about the play calling (put it on me)
T-Beard - I need to do better job on that play. The OL needs to do better

Garrett - it was Daks fault...it was Moores fault... It was Tavons fault. Execution is always the fault....

Who portrays real leadership on this team HC or players? Things that makes you go hmm.

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He said on the radio Kellen calls the plays and that Dak had options and chose the wrong one. Oh and Tavon was given several different options as well. What a Turd.

That's not throwing anyone under the bus if its true. We already knew dak chose a poor option there, I didn't care for the play call anyway. Should have been to coop, he was on fire.

visionary

Reaction score
For me it goes back to that game against the Skins where Tashard Choice fumbled a little swing pass on the last play of the half and they ran it in for a TD. Horrendous high-risk, no-reward play. We lost 13-6 as Garrett's offense gave up more points than our defense did.

Jason ducked the media, then when they finally cornered him he refused to take blame. He let Wade take the bullet even though Phillips had nothing to do with it.

And then years later he threw Romo under the bus even though Tony was the only reason he had any success at all.

Glad people are seeing he's not this amazing human being our media have built him up to be.

garrett is total trash