What kind of TE do we want for this offense?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
All the chatter of taking a TE early when we have two that are young and have potential! Are they not athletic enough, or does Mike want a TE that he's able to use down field more like a WR to create mismatches against cb's and LB'S. Maybe they want one who's a great blocker, I thought that's what Ferguson was good at!??

Please give me your thoughts
I’d love to add a real blocking TE, but those are almost impossible to find.
Mark my words, though, whomever drafts Georgia’s TE Washington will see an immediate improvement in their running game. This is a guy who won’t just help vs DEs. He will dominate most of them by himself. Many experts believe if he wanted to put on weight, he could play OT. He’s athletic, but a brute of a blocker. They just don’t make ‘em like this anymore.

CherBoyWade

Reaction score
Give me a Jason Witten clone, the kind that can actually make up for the fact that our QB is as accurate as Ray Charles.
That would be Michael Mayer. Probably similar athleticism. He's less of the Kelce-type and more your traditional TE. Excellent hands, route running, and very good blocker. Not gonna really give you much of an athletic/vertical type though

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All the chatter of taking a TE early when we have two that are young and have potential! Are they not athletic enough, or does Mike want a TE that he's able to use down field more like a WR to create mismatches against cb's and LB'S. Maybe they want one who's a great blocker, I thought that's what Ferguson was good at!??

Michael mayers is the perfect guy. Tough leader making huge plays and nasty blocking. End zone stud.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That would be Michael Mayer. Probably similar athleticism. He's less of the Kelce-type and more your traditional TE. Excellent hands, route running, and very good blocker. Not gonna really give you much of an athletic/vertical type though
I think he’s every bit Kelsy but with more of a nasty blocking streak.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I myself will be pissed if TE is even looked at prior to round 6.

We got to many issues DT, LB ,RB , OL and to lesser extent CB,WR I’d also like. QB over TE
I've got some really bad news for you. This draft is loaded with TE's and the Cowboys will get one in the first 4 rounds. Guaranteed.

If TE is their highest rated player on their board when they are picking, I'm fine with that. You don't take lower rated players and pass on better talent. Even at 26.

starfan1

Reaction score
I've got some really bad news for you. This draft is loaded with TE's and the Cowboys will get one in the first 4 rounds. Guaranteed.

If TE is their highest rated player on their board when they are picking, I'm fine with that. You don't take lower rated players and pass on better talent. Even at 26.
I’ve seen some mocks taking TE so I’m prepared to be upset. It’s not a need we got 2 horses and a solid TE in Mckeon

We have bigger needs

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
UNless they decide to use the tight end differently it doesnt matrer who you have. They just need body control, good hands, be on same page as dak when it comes to option routes.

Mannix

Reaction score
Tight End U (Iowa) is churning another one out this year in the draft (Sam LaPorta)....Iowa TE's always get drafted WAY too late and then kick A....I'd jump all over this guy if he slips at all.

kskboys

Reaction score

Cooks and Gallup are both very good downfield WRs. We need chain movers.

T-RO

Reaction score
I myself will be pissed if TE is even looked at prior to round 6.

We got to many issues DT, LB ,RB , OL and to lesser extent CB,WR I’d also like. QB over TE

Then I will be happy to see you get pissed. Bring in a true baller-dawg at Tight End!

You gotta go Orca-on-Shark when it comes to the draft. In other words, Kill it and eat the richest organs. The most nutrient rich part of this draft is:
Tight end
Running Back
Edge

Kill it. Eat a liver.

Last edited: