What kind of TE do we want for this offense?

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly, I could see if we lost Shultz and we had McKeon there only, we have two guys who just had a solid season. With the amount of depth at TE this draft, surely we can wait a bit and take care of this line. You want to put all the things around Dak to be successful, dig in the trenches and protect him! (Ksk I can feel the tear coming down your eyes!!) Lol
It was more than one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havic

Reaction score
Need an excellent blocker and who can stretch the field with good hands.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Want ....? I want Travis Kelce.

I'm okay with a Dalton Schultz who blocks better. Maybe Ferguson is that guy? Have to wait and see.

conner01

Reaction score
Give me a Jason Witten clone, the kind that can actually make up for the fact that our QB is as accurate as Ray Charles.
Kincaid reminds me a lt of Witten. Witten wasn’t that fast but he used his body to block out defenders and Kincaid does that too
I don’t think we get a chance at him though

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The kind we already have 2 of on the roster.

Taking a TE in the first two rounds would be foolish indeed.
Exactly, I could see if we lost Shultz and we had McKeon there only, we have two guys who just had a solid season. With the amount of depth at TE this draft, surely we can wait a bit and take care of this line. You want to put all the things around Dak to be successful, dig in the trenches and protect him! (Ksk I can feel the tear coming down your eyes!!) Lol
Against the 49ers they only had two playmakers (CeeDee & Pollard) and then Pollard got hurt and they only had one the 49ers had to worry about. So they are trying to add as many as they can. We maybe should discuss someone like Jalin Hyatt as well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
All the chatter of taking a TE early when we have two that are young and have potential! Are they not athletic enough, or does Mike want a TE that he's able to use down field more like a WR to create mismatches against cb's and LB'S. Maybe they want one who's a great blocker, I thought that's what Ferguson was good at!??

Please give me your thoughts
I want One that can catch, runs great routes, is fast and can block

Macnalty

Reaction score
All the chatter of taking a TE early when we have two that are young and have potential! Are they not athletic enough, or does Mike want a TE that he's able to use down field more like a WR to create mismatches against cb's and LB'S. Maybe they want one who's a great blocker, I thought that's what Ferguson was good at!??

Please give me your thoughts
See Darnell Washington Georgia, who I think he just starting to hit his stride.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think an all-purpose TE would be an answer to a worthwhile quest for us.:thumbup:
There are good ones to be had this year. Dak might approve of that notion! :flagwave:

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I think an all-purpose TE would be an answer to a worthwhile quest for us.:thumbup:
There are good ones to be had this year. Dak might approve of that notion! :flagwave:
Already got one. No reason to spend premium draft picks for a bench player.

Robster8989

Reaction score
See Darnell Washington Georgia, who I think he just starting to hit his stride.
He is a really interesting prospect.
He blocks like a Guard, seriously. He's huge and he just lays wood on defenders.
His pass catching is well behind some of the more polished, NFL ready TE's in the draft however.
He wasn't highlighted as a pass catcher at Georgia at all.
However, his athletic abilities are off the charts, so if we did draft him, and coach and develop him properly, you could have something special in time.
I think guys like Mayer, Kincaid and Musgrave will be able to contribute right away, while Washinton may be more of a developmental project. but if we want to run more, he can also help right away.
I just feel that for a project, 26 may be too high, but if we could trade back a bit, and pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder, then grab him it is something I would consider, even with our first selection.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I comp Kincaid to a Cris Cooley type of H-back/TE.

Mayer to a young Witten, though Mayer has shown much more ball skills/catch radius

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Good lord, Ferguson had 19 catches and Hendershot had 11 catches last season. We have a bad tight end room currently. Some of you guys think those two can handle the load? :rolleyes: :facepalm:

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
NFL.com comps:

Mayer = Witten
Kincaid = Zach Ertz
Musgrave= Goeddert
Washington = Darren Fells

Take it with a grain of salt. But since I don’t see a Gronk or Kelce comp I’m not sold on any in the first.
Agreed and not just because of the comps you listed. TE is a position that I would not be thrilled with at 26. Unless it’s someone with incredible upside like Pitts 2 years ago, good TEs are found rounds 2-4 all the time. OJ Howard, David Njokue are just 2 examples of 1st round tight ends that don’t live up to their draft position. Happens all the time.

kskboys

Reaction score
Good lord, Ferguson had 19 catches and Hendershot had 11 catches last season. We have a bad tight end room currently. Some of you guys think those two can handle the load? :rolleyes: :facepalm:
Absolutely. They both have shown very good signs. We have a very competent tight end room. Spending major resources on another would be extremely foolish.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agreed and not just because of the comps you listed. TE is a position that I would not be thrilled with at 26. Unless it’s someone with incredible upside like Pitts 2 years ago, good TEs are found rounds 2-4 all the time. OJ Howard, David Njokue are just 2 examples of 1st round tight ends that don’t live up to their draft position. Happens all the time.
There is not one TE in this draft that I would take in the 1st. This is a deep draft for TE's. Latu in the 4th.