What Makes Anyone Think Dak is Worth More Than Cousins?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My mistake. Cousins has one Playoff win.

We can disagree on other assertions. My opinion is that Dak has underachieved in the biggest moments for his team. No question. But IMO saying Cousins and Dak are the same is inaccurate statistically.
Truth spoken.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I prefer Dak over Cousins but if someone disagrees I can’t pound my fist and proclaim, “you’re wrong!”

The question that should be asked is if salary was commensurate with performance is Dak worth 25% more than Cousins? To me, that one is a clear “no”.

The two have been often compared to one another over the last few years as many view them as somewhat interchangeable in the QB pecking order.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
when you are paying elite money to players who are not elite you have a problem, perfect example is right here in Dallas

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I prefer Dak over Cousins but if someone disagrees I can’t pound my fist and proclaim, “you’re wrong!”

The question that should be asked is if salary was commensurate with performance is Dak worth 25% more than Cousins? To me, that one is a clear “no”.

The two have been often compared to one another over the last few years as many view them as somewhat interchangeable in the QB pecking order.
Because it’s lazy. They play nothing alike. If someone wants to sane they are the same tier that’s fair. But no one could ever say a guy who played 8 games last season is better than someone who made all pro.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When one doesnt have an answer, just shoot the messenger

Par for the course for Dak apologists
I don't apologize for Dak and I don't pretend to have any answers....but, I am smart enough to know that Dak isn't the only problem. Take the damn blinders off....I thought you were a visionary....look at the big picture and don't get caught in their tunnel vision.....or, is it too late for that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cousins is getting 45 million a year with his new contract in Atlanta.

His average season with Minnesota was 30 TDs and 10 INTs.

Daks average season is 28 TDs and 10 INTs.

At the time of his injury last season Cousins was on pace for 38 TDs, 11 INTs, and 4,950 yards.

Thats 500 more yards, 2 more TDs, and only 2 more INTs than Daks runner up MVP season.

Through the first 8 games for Dak, before Cousins injury, Dak had 2,011 yards, 13 TDs, and 5 INTs while Cousins had 2,331 yards, 18 TDs, and 5 INTs.

Is it the injury? Age? Big whoop.Cousins will be his consistent self next year just like he always is while who knows what we’re going to get from Dak with the drama and roster shakeup hovering around.

Both guys do nothing in the playoffs, so that’s pointless to argue.

Basically, there is no universe where Dak should be making over 15 million a year more than Cousins, who has always been the better and more consistent QB between the two.
I don't think that either of them deserve the money that they are getting. Dak is a Cowboy, for now and lusting over Cousins won't do me any good.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody is lusting over Cousins.

I think both guys are losers.

But do you believe Dak is 25% better than Cousins as his contract will reflect?
I don't care about what he gets paid, I can't do anything about that and I'm certainly not going to let it make be bitter and let it consume me.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Pretty much exactly where I'm at on the issue. I think Dak is a better player, but the distance between the two isn't that wide for me to argue when someone says otherwise.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can discuss Dak’s contract and whatever anyone thinks about that from the OP.

But fair warning- the personal attacks are going to land people on vacations. Agree to disagree without the personal stuff. You’ve been warned.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Because it’s lazy. They play nothing alike. If someone wants to sane they are the same tier that’s fair. But no one could ever say a guy who played 8 games last season is better than someone who made all pro.
I used the word “interchangeable” in terms of QB tier and results. Agree, they are different players.

Respectfully disagree with your stance on using one year as the basis for your perspective (at least per this response).

Bottom line is, if Cousins is your QB and if you were to kick him to the curb in order to bring in Dak, along with a 25% increase in starting QB salary, would you feel like that was a win for the organization? If so,…ok.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nobody has quit, we don't support crap. For some reason, you think you will get a medal for blind devotion. The haters aren't miserable, the lovers are the ones crying about fans, we don't care how many rainbows or unicorns you guys ride. We find it funny. Sounds like you guys are the ones miserable because you can't control how other fans display their beliefs. shrugs, it bothers me none, it's actually funny. lol Salud, lovers!
You quit and act like a court jester by egging on your buddies. At least you have a sense of humor. That's a good thing to have around here.