What Makes Anyone Think Dak is Worth More Than Cousins?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didn’t answer the question.

Do you believe Dak is 25% better than Cousins?
Dak isnt getting 60 million....that's hit cap hit because the FO kept tweaking his contract. Get your facts straight before spreading your hate. I'll answer the question when you ask an honest one and not one that fits your narrative. BTW...This lusting over cousins is getting creapy....

JBS

Reaction score
Up until the injury he was more productive.

If you’re banking on Cousins just continuing to get injured then okay, but I’m not because he doesn’t really have a history of it.
Cousins would not have been more productive than Dak last year even if he didn’t get hurt. Dak was a top 2-3 qb production wise.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak isnt getting 60 million....that's hit cap hit because the FO kept tweaking his contract. Get your facts straight before spreading your hate. I'll answer the question when you ask an honest one and not one that fits your narrative. BTW...This lusting over cousins is getting creapy....
Why cant you answer the question?

Forget the contract.

Is Dak 25% better than Cousins?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Cousins would not have been more productive than Dak last year even if he didn’t get hurt. Dak was a top 2-3 qb production wise.
What makes you think that?

Cousins was ahead of him everywhere when he was injured 8 games in.

Are you just assuming Cousins was going to fall off a cliff, something he’s never done?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
MC, I’m tired of Dak’s underachievement here in Dallas. But your assertion that Cousins and Dak are either the same or somehow Cousins is “better” in statistically incorrect.

In 17 head to head categories, Dak has better stats in 9-10 areas, including less INTs, better completion %, less losses (by far), has one All Pro season compared to zero for Cousins, and has 2 playoff wins to Cousins 0. They are similar in many ways but asserting that Cousins is better statistically is incorrect.

Read this head to head comparisons:
https://stathead.com/football/vs/kirk-cousins-vs-dak-prescott

Whether Dak “deserves” more than Cousins is arguable. Arguing that Dak is the same or worse than Cousins is not Apples to apples. The inflated contracts for all starting NFL QBs is not unique to Dak or Cousins. It’s simple economic market supply and demand. The demand for even decent QBs is high, while the supply is extremely low. Thus QBs are overpaid. These QBs are not being “greedy”. It’s simple economics.
Sorry Bob, that is wrong. Dak has 2 wins to Cousin's 1.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don't apologize for Dak and I don't pretend to have any answers....but, I am smart enough to know that Dak isn't the only problem. Take the damn blinders off....I thought you were a visionary....look at the big picture and don't get caught in their tunnel vision.....or, is it too late for that.
This is your problem, right here.

Everyone is smart enough to know that Dak isn't the only problem. Many think he is A problem though. Looking at the big picture, it is fair to say Dak is the second biggest problem, and there is nothing that can be done to fix the biggest problem, so it only makes sense to focus on the second, then third etc biggest problems.

For some reason you just cannot stand for anyone to exercise their ability to form a reasonable opinion and state it here on a forum specifically designed to do just that. You don't seem to realize that your choice to pour gas on the fire with defensive responses that have nothing to with the team itself, often making it personal, only invites a response. You then piss and moan about "haters" and the beat goes on, and on and on.

You going to be a leader here? Or are you going to continue to consistently make it about yourself?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is your problem, right here.

Everyone is smart enough to know that Dak isn't the only problem. Many think he is A problem though. Looking at the big picture, it is fair to say Dak is the second biggest problem, and there is nothing that can be done to fix the biggest problem, so it only makes sense to focus on the second, then third etc biggest problems.

For some reason you just cannot stand for anyone to exercise their ability to form a reasonable opinion and state it here on a forum specifically designed to do just that. You don't seem to realize that your choice to pour gas on the fire with defensive responses that have nothing to with the team itself, often making it personal, only invites a response. You then piss and moan about "haters" and the beat goes on, and on and on.

You going to be a leader here? Or are you going to continue to consistently make it about yourself?
Preach it!

Jarntt

Reaction score
Cousins is getting 45 million a year with his new contract in Atlanta.

His average season with Minnesota was 30 TDs and 10 INTs.

Daks average season is 28 TDs and 10 INTs.

At the time of his injury last season Cousins was on pace for 38 TDs, 11 INTs, and 4,950 yards.

Thats 500 more yards, 2 more TDs, and only 2 more INTs than Daks runner up MVP season.

Through the first 8 games for Dak, before Cousins injury, Dak had 2,011 yards, 13 TDs, and 5 INTs while Cousins had 2,331 yards, 18 TDs, and 5 INTs.

Is it the injury? Age? Big whoop.Cousins will be his consistent self next year just like he always is while who knows what we’re going to get from Dak with the drama and roster shakeup hovering around.

Both guys do nothing in the playoffs, so that’s pointless to argue.

Basically, there is no universe where Dak should be making over 15 million a year more than Cousins, who has always been the better and more consistent QB between the two.

If you think they are the same player then you can just go to: one is 35 and one is 30? Cousins will be 36 when the season starts and 38 when his deal is up. You don't think that plays a role?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If you think they are the same player then you can just go to: one is 35 and one is 30? Cousins will be 36 when the season starts and 38 when his deal is up. You don't think that plays a role?
I think it does, but to believe Dak is going to be 25% better than Cousins the next 3-4 years is absurd.

Cousins has been better than Dak much longer than they been equal.

JBS

Reaction score
What makes you think that?

Cousins was ahead of him everywhere when he was injured 8 games in.

Are you just assuming Cousins was going to fall off a cliff, something he’s never done?
Cousins has never fallen off? Lolol

Dak also went on a crazy run - I don’t remember where exactly in the season it started but it wasn’t the start of it

But who cares. Why are you so fixated on cousins being better than Dak. They’re both worthless. Move on

phildadon86

Reaction score
It’s so obvious that he doesn’t believe Dak is 25% better than Cousins, but he can’t bring himself to say it.

He has appearances to keep up.
Just to play devils advocate.

Id rather have a rookie. Drake Maye is going to be a stud and wasting last year for a first round exit bothers me to no end. Im for trading Dak to try and get Maye. Send him to Washington with our first.

That being said. We know it isnt going to happen.

But my thing with Cousins is, and this is due to me watching every game and my friends in Minnesota who have said a crazy amount of times that he is a great QB before primetime. When the lights are on. Not just in the playoffs but in ANY game that matters. He folds.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Just to play devils advocate.

Id rather have a rookie. Drake Maye is going to be a stud and wasting last year for a first round exit bothers me to no end. Im for trading Dak to try and get Maye. Send him to Washington with our first.

That being said. We know it isnt going to happen.

But my thing with Cousins is, and this is due to me watching every game and my friends in Minnesota who have said a crazy amount of times that he is a great QB before primetime. When the lights are on. Not just in the playoffs but in ANY game that matters. He folds.
And Dak doesn’t?

Any good team we play not named the Eagles he’s trash against. He looks like the weakest link on the field.