What Makes Romo So Great?

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
Cowboys22;1210547 said:
Check the ESPN highlights and see the throw he made to Witten with less than 1 minute in a tie game on the road against a tough division opponent with the division lead and a favorable playoff seed on the line. Now imagine expecting that play everytime he drops back and actually getting a play like that about 70% of the time the team is facing 3rd and long. Thats what Tony Romo has brought to us for the past 6 games. He's not Drew Brees yet and may never be, but we love him, your boy Payton loves him, and he deserves every bit of the hype he has received. Most likely you will see what all the hype is about on Sunday Night. You guys may win, but you should expect and better be prepared for Romo to surprise the crap out of you!

When you play in New Orleans... you don't get hyped.

superpunk

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210567 said:
When you play in New Orleans... you don't get hyped.

Reggie Bush, Drew Brees, and Marques Colston beg to differ.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210545 said:
Don't miss understand me. I haven't seen him play much and was wondering what was going on.

But answer this question Dallas fans... do you think he could have done what Drew Brees has done in New Orleans? That's a tough one. Sounds like Brees would have been crowned king in Dallas.
Brees is playing great for a couple of years now, but the 'aints have more firepower on offense than we do... alot of low round draft choices, big $$$ experienced QB... but yes i do think Romo could have the saints where they are now. we are 8-4, have a tougher schedule/division and had bledsoe spotting you 2.5 games.

notice you guys signed Brees after Sean couldn't trade for Tony. i like sean and thought he got a bum deal from Fassel/Giants and he's one of Tuna's guys so i'll pull for him any sunday except when they play dallas

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
superpunk;1210555 said:
Undoubtedly. It's not like Romo is just lobbing up bombs to wide open receivers. He's making reads, picking apart a defense, and he doesn't even have Reggie Bush to dump it to, or anyone as talented as Deuce in the backfield. He hits the open man, and finds him better than anyone. Let's not pretend Brees has done his thing without talent surrounding him. Colston is a freak, Horn is always there and henderson has always had talent, even if suck*** Brooks could never take advantage of it.

See the bold print above... you're kidding right? Brooks? See my avatar for the answer.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
chinch;1210564 said:
it's nice to able to type such things about one of our own QBs :)

Yeah...especially a home grown one.

It's not been the same with all the retreads for the past few years.

superpunk

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210574 said:
See the bold print above... you're kidding right? Brooks? See my avatar for the answer.

Why would I be kidding?

He does, in fact - suck. And he could never tap the potential on his own team. Players like brees and Romo are able to accomplish that. There's no kidding there.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Juke99;1210577 said:

amen.

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1210556 said:
Would it make you feel better to know that Sean Payton, your coach, wanted Romo as his QB in NO, but BP refused to trade him? Instead he gave advice to him to go after Brees.

I love the Big Tuna. You have just become my 2nd favorite team.
I'm so impressed that I just made up a new Dallas cheer....
Go Dallas Go.
Go Dallas Go.
Around the bowl and
down the hole....
Go Dallas Go.

See you in the NFC Championship game. LOL

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
superpunk;1210570 said:
Reggie Bush, Drew Brees, and Marques Colston beg to differ.

Yea... this year we are getting some press but when do you ever hear about the Saints? It's so much harder to get any press when you are a cellar dweller.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210518 said:
Trying to figure this one out.

Really guys... since this guy has come into the game as a starter he's been so hyped. I've been trying to figure out just why a guy with 2 all-pro recievers, one being argueably the greatest in the game, and practically one of the top TE's in the game... how hard is it to be a good quaterback on an offense like this? Of course you would say "see drew bledsoe"

I'm just trying to figure out what makes him so great that he is mentioned in the same sentence as Manning, Brady, Brees, ect let alone ranked in the top 5. Do you think he would be so successful in New Orleans? How is he rated higher than Brees?

Someone please help me understand. True, I havent watched many Dallas games, but from what i've seen a your WRs would make Aaron Brooks look great.

Hope to play you guys in the NFC Championship Game!!!!
Texas is the greatest state in the Union!

What others are saying about this... http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6673

What makes Romo a very good QB is his quick decision making ability, his quick release, his accuracy and the ability to get out of trouble. Those 4 things will help a QB be good any where he goes. If Romo is getting hyped it is because he has gone out and performed like a top QB to get this type of attention

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210582 said:
Go Dallas Go.
Go Dallas Go.
Around the bowl and
down the hole....
Go Dallas Go.

In other words, you're a troll.

What's so great about Romo? No one has annointed him the savior (yet), but maybe you'll come to see it on Sunday.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210582 said:
Go Dallas Go.
Go Dallas Go.
Around the bowl and
down the hole....
Go Dallas Go.

this dude is nothing but a troll. he's about to get the ignore button from me.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Juke99;1210577 said:

Retards ?? ... oh you said retreads, ... never mind, ... although I agree either way.:D :D

LUVDABOYS

Reaction score
Ask your head coach, Payton tried to get Romo from the Cowboys before he looked anywhere else.

Kobal

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210545 said:
do you think he could have done what Drew Brees has done in New Orleans?

Do what? Turned the ball over in the end zone and cost your team a W? :lmao2:

Sorry can't forget your Cincy game. :p:

Seriously, Brees has too many weapon to fail. And he's great QB IMO. But if you talk about clutch factor I'll take Romo over Brees any day. See his 3rd down efficiency. ;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CowboyChris;1210597 said:
this dude is nothing but a troll. he's about to get the ignore button from me.

Yeah... you gotta love the "my second team is Dallas BS"... like we need sublevel fans that have other less significant teams as their primary.That thinking alone should get an ignore button... Dallas as your 2nd team :lmao2: