What Makes Romo So Great?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SaintsFanMan;1210611 said:
Boy... you can't take a little joke. :lmao2:
Let's just say you started out on the right foot by offering a legit discussion. Trolling opponent fans don't fair well on this board.

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1210708 said:
Let's just say you started out on the right foot by offering a legit discussion. Trolling opponent fans don't fair well on this board.

Ok... well Dallas is my second favorite team. That's a fact. When you are in New Orleans, you have to have someone to pull for. In Fact, there are MANY DALLAS fans in Louisiana.

I guess being in Dallas, you don't need another team to pull for. That's not the case when my sad sack team doesn't have even one hall of famer and only one playoff victory to it's sad existance.

Razz me if you will. You guys have missunderstood a simple joke and became the joke.

I said they are my second favorite team. What's wrong with that. :eek:

How many of you guys are going to pull for the Saints in the unlikelyhood that we go to the Superbowl?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210545 said:
Don't miss understand me. I haven't seen him play much and was wondering what was going on.

But answer this question Dallas fans... do you think he could have done what Drew Brees has done in New Orleans? That's a tough one. Sounds like Brees would have been crowned king in Dallas.

sean payton sure thought he coulda

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SaintsFanMan;1210719 said:
Ok... well Dallas is my second favorite team. That's a fact. When you are in New Orleans, you have to have someone to pull for. In Fact, there are MANY DALLAS fans in Louisiana.

I guess being in Dallas, you don't need another team to pull for. That's not the case when my sad sack team doesn't have even one hall of famer and only one playoff victory to it's sad existance.

Razz me if you will. You guys have missunderstood a simple joke and became the joke.

How many of you guys are going to pull for the Saints in the unlikelyhood that we go to the Superbowl?
Not razzing you, just stating a fact. The joke wasn't funny. But do carry on. Glad you support your teams.

BTW, not all Dallas Cowboy fans live in Dallas or are from Dallas.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

There is no crying in football!!:saints:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210518 said:
Trying to figure this one out.

Really guys... since this guy has come into the game as a starter he's been so hyped. I've been trying to figure out just why a guy with 2 all-pro recievers, one being argueably the greatest in the game, and practically one of the top TE's in the game... how hard is it to be a good quaterback on an offense like this? Of course you would say "see drew bledsoe"

I'm just trying to figure out what makes him so great that he is mentioned in the same sentence as Manning, Brady, Brees, ect let alone ranked in the top 5. Do you think he would be so successful in New Orleans? How is he rated higher than Brees?

Someone please help me understand. True, I havent watched many Dallas games, but from what i've seen a your WRs would make Aaron Brooks look great.

Hope to play you guys in the NFC Championship Game!!!!
Texas is the greatest state in the Union!

What others are saying about this... http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6673

Thanks for admitting you have no clue.

sago1

Reaction score
That bad game you think he's due happened against the Giants cause he threw 2 Ints but still managed to get it done in last minute of play. Also you better go back and recheck your info cause Sean Peyton tried to trade for Romo before they went ahead and signed Brees, who Parcells recommended to Sean Peyton. Also Peyton has admitted he talks lot to Parcells. Let me guess, he's asking Parcells what the price in Dallas is for gas.

You'll lose all credibility on this board if you unwilling/unable accept Romo is #1 ranked QB in NFL and has outdueled Peyton. You can't expect us to credit you with wanting a real honest discussion on upcoming game if you unable to check out his stats, note we 5-1 with him and you rely on claim will he's got lot of great players around him. In that case let's thru out all the good QBs cause they all got good players around him. We were start by getting rid of your OL and Colston, etc. After all he's playing well so along with new kid Henderson. Based on your view we can only evaluate a QB if he's not got anybody good around him.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

I just don't how see what you said can be misconstrued as not a joke. You said they "just became" your second favorite team.

What team becomes your second favorite team after a response to single post on a forum?

Also, it's just a little hard to believe that you were "impressed" such that you responded with a supposed joke, which appeared to be more like a rag imbued with sarcasm than anything else. Thus, your rationalization that it was a joke doesn't fit the evidence and is almost completely vacuous.

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted you guys opinion on Romo. I haven't watched him pay and nobody here ever heard of him before even though Peyton tried to trade for him.

When it comes to Romo, I am clueless. Still, I'm not judgeing him, you guys are the judge. I just state what other are stating on the Saints board which are valid questions.

Damn, I feel like I've been jumped on like a Eagle fan. Tough crowd, but that's to be expected when you visit another teams board.

:bow:

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1210749 said:
Also, it's just a little hard to believe that you were "impressed" such that you responded with a supposed joke, which appeared to be more like a rag imbued with sarcasm than anything else. Thus, your rationalization that it was a joke doesn't fit the evidence and is almost completely vacuous.

Well said. You got me. One more point I'd like to make...
Ok, I a closet Raiders fan too. Got that. :D

All kidding aside... I have pulled for Dallas so much in the past 40 years, that you guys should give me a break. Breesus Christ.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210773 said:
Hey, I just wanted you guys opinion on Romo. I haven't watched him pay and nobody here ever heard of him before even though Peyton tried to trade for him.

When it comes to Romo, I am clueless. Still, I'm not judgeing him, you guys are the judge. I just state what other are stating on the Saints board which are valid questions.

Damn, I feel like I've been jumped on like a Eagle fan. Tough crowd, but that's to be expected when you visit another teams board.

This is the nice treatment. It's a good thing you aren't a skins fan. :D

Seriously though if you come here an ask legit questions and not troll you will get a very good welcome.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/kleenex.gif

Angus

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210518 said:
Trying to figure this one out.

Really guys... since this guy has come into the game as a starter he's been so hyped. I've been trying to figure out just why a guy with 2 all-pro recievers, one being argueably the greatest in the game, and practically one of the top TE's in the game... how hard is it to be a good quaterback on an offense like this? Of course you would say "see drew bledsoe"

I'm just trying to figure out what makes him so great that he is mentioned in the same sentence as Manning, Brady, Brees, ect let alone ranked in the top 5. Do you think he would be so successful in New Orleans? How is he rated higher than Brees?

Someone please help me understand. True, I havent watched many Dallas games, but from what i've seen a your WRs would make Aaron Brooks look great.

Hope to play you guys in the NFC Championship Game!!!!
Texas is the greatest state in the Union!

What others are saying about this... http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6673

Ask your coach who wanted him but, when he couldn't get him, settled for Breez (who is a very good quarterback himself).

Kangaroo

Reaction score
This is my problem with fans sometimes they think a guy is just average because he is not throwing laser beam instead he throws the ball where it suppose to be to make the catch easier for the wr he makes plays with his arm his leg and sometimes with pure will power.

If Romo had come from USC or Texas etc then he be something other than average.

Where you played in college has nothing to do with how you do in the NFL. Where you where drafted does not make you better than someone else. Look again around the NFL it is not where you came from or what round you where drafted in but what you do when you get there.

:bang2:

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
He makes a very funny Favre imitation.
He was rumored to hook up with J. Simpson
He's from mexican heritage
He's the mo'fo****ing QB of America's team
Plus all those football attributes like winning the others mention
THAT makes him all that and a bag of chips.:laugh2:

cowboyed

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210545 said:
Don't miss understand me. I haven't seen him play much and was wondering what was going on.

But answer this question Dallas fans... do you think he could have done what Drew Brees has done in New Orleans? That's a tough one. Sounds like Brees would have been crowned king in Dallas.

I think your Oline protects the quarterback better than our Oline. So the answer is that Brees could have struggled here more.

alancdc

Reaction score

I think the problem is that you did judge him whether you think so or not. You said that you have not seen him play, but discredit him right away that he is only successful because he has good players around him. Also, anytime you talk about Aaron Brooks being anything but a horrible QB, for me, discredits you altogether. I do think this will be a good game this week thought.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
braveheart.jpg

Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

========

chuck-norris-left.jpg

# When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Tony Romo.

# Tony Romo doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

# There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Tony Romo has allowed to live.

# Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Tony Romo.

# Tony Romo does not sleep. He waits.

# Tony Romo is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

# Tony Romo is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

# Tony Romo counted to infinity - twice.

# When Tony Romo does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

# Tony Romo is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

# Tony Romo hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

# There is no such thing as global warming. Tony Romo was cold, so he turned the sun up.

# Tony Romo can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

# Tony Romo doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

# Tony Romo gave Mona Lisa that smile.

# Tony Romo can slam a revolving door.

# Tony Romo does not get frostbite. Tony Romo bites frost

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
L-O-Jete;1210898 said:
He makes a very funny Favre imitation.
He was rumored to hook up with J. Simpson
He's from mexican heritage
He's the mo'fo****ing QB of America's team
Plus all those football attributes like winning the others mention
THAT makes him all that and a bag of chips.:laugh2: