What more can Dak do to win some over?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Obviously an agenda is behind this criticism. Why so much personal hatred?:rolleyes:
Hate this era is a synonym for criticism.

Personal agendas are a different issue. It’s difficult to measure on an anonymous fan site.

But true Cowboy fans can be rooting for Dak while criticizing.

I can’t stand how Jerry runs Cowboys Football but I’m still rooting for him. Because his success means our success.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This attempt to divide Cowboy fans because of our criticism over Dak is the same rhetoric we see in society.

I have no issue with fans who have nothing critical to say about Dak. Just take issue they want to discredit our Cowboy loyalty .

Similar to those who challenged my fandom because of my campaign against Jerry.

There’s room for all types of fans. Cheerleaders and Critics.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
This is why fans don't run the franchise.
Fine. Go ahead and back a QB who has shown that he can't beat teams without a #4 overall pick at WR, a #4 overall pick at RB, and an O-line full of 1st rounders. Let's give him the biggest contract ever given to anyone (which was reported what he was asking for).

Brax

Reaction score
That’s because of his MVP performance against 2 of the worst teams in NFL. Lol

Those numbers will start dropping as they already have along with our record with stiffer competition.

Ultimately the barometer will be just as Romo’s was. And Danny White , Merideth and Morton.
I will take a SB appearance or 3 or 4 championship game appearances, 23 years and counting he can be like DW, CM, or DM I'll take it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fine. Go ahead and back a QB who has shown that he can't beat teams without a #4 overall pick at WR, a #4 overall pick at RB, and an O-line full of 1st rounders. Let's give him the biggest contract ever given to anyone (which was reported what he was asking for).
Yes, QB's need a team to beat other teams.

Well done, you're doing terrific.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Yes, QB's need a team to beat other teams.

Well done, you're doing terrific.
And you're not.

How do you get those other players? You have to pay them money. The NFL has what is called a "salary cap". This prevents you from just giving all the great players all the money they want. If the player who needs to be surrounded by a great team takes up all that money, that means we can't pay those great players he needs to win a lot of money. Then, this "great" goes back to looking awful like he did at the start of last year. Like he did when Zeke was out. Like he did with Smith out.

Not all QB's need to be surrounded by great players to play well. Look at our last QB for an example.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And you're not.

How do you get those other players? You have to pay them money. The NFL has what is called a "salary cap". This prevents you from just giving all the great players all the money they want. If the player who needs to be surrounded by a great team takes up all that money, that means we can't pay those great players he needs to win a lot of money. Then, this "great" goes back to looking awful like he did at the start of last year. Like he did when Zeke was out. Like he did with Smith out.

Not all QB's need to be surrounded by great players to play well. Look at our last QB for an example.
The tale of 2 QB's.

Romo - didn't win because he never had a team and is considered a hero
Dak - needs help in order to win and he's a bum.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
If Dak wants to be a "top" QB then 3 points and 0 points after the 1st half is unacceptable...regardless of the circumstances. An elite QB like a Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Wilson, etc. should never be shutout in one half like that and they know it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And you're not.

It's simply idiotic to suggest QBs don't need great talent around them.

We have the highest paid/drafted O line in the NFL. No finger pointing to the garbage job they're doing and getting paid a premium salary?

And our last QB gets to use the talent excuse? Get out.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
It's simply idiotic to suggest QBs don't need great talent around them.

We have the highest paid/drafted O line in the NFL. No finger pointing to the garbage job they're doing and getting paid a premium salary?

And our last QB gets to use the talent excuse? Get out.
QB's need talent to win, not all QB's need all-pros at every position to win. I'm saying we have good talent now and we aren't winning. How are we supposed to continue to acquire talent when the QB takes up all that money?

The last QB does get to use the talent excuse. Look at what he was able to do with lesser talent. Put a healthy Romo on this team and we are likely either 5-0 or 4-1.

shabazz

Reaction score
Never slobbered over Romo. As a matter of fact was a critic.

Crying over fans who critic is childish.

It’s basically a desperate attempt to discredit their criticism. Much like we see in social issues.

I can attest to this. Greggy hammered on Romo like he was chopped meat

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
QB's need talent to win, not all QB's need all-pros at every position to win. I'm saying we have good talent now and we aren't winning. How are we supposed to continue to acquire talent when the QB takes up all that money?

The last QB does get to use the talent excuse. Look at what he was able to do with lesser talent. Put a healthy Romo on this team and we are likely either 5-0 or 4-1.
Oh, you mean HOFers? Great point.

Proof

Reaction score
Why do you and your friend even care? People aren’t goign to like the same stuff get over it. Dude is average to me some of y’all think he the next coming. It is what it is and that’s just that.

the same reason I post on a message board. Talking sports and particularly Cowboys is fun. Care is a strong word though. Curious is more accurate. The fact you can’t really answer though and are getting all aggressive is telling.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Was having a conversation with a friend, and we just wound up wondering out loud what more is there he can do? (other than win sb's etc)

Guys been practically on fire since Amari arrived, he's near the top in almost all statistical categories, (not just volume numbers) he's still running when need be, and he's attacking the middle of the field, and deep, when that was the biggest complaint. He's thrown plenty of beautiful strikes this year so far... so what else can he do? Honest question.
play better in the 1st quarter, a bit more consistency on his throws, a bit less hesitation. I still say he is maybe the 8th best qb in the game, something like that. Better D, better coaching, the team can go far, Dak is sufficient.