What more can Dak do to win some over?

shabazz

Reaction score
I would like to see him be better in the pocket. He does not get away from pressure in the pocket, does not move well in the pocket and always backs out of the pocket instead of moving up in the pocket. From the pressure we have seen this year it has not gotten better from last year.

Making plays when the defense should have had him in the pocket are huge momentum boost and extends drives.

Obviously an agenda is behind this criticism. Why so much personal hatred?:rolleyes:

CowboysRule

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Dak is practically Top 5 in every statistical category for QB right now this season. What more do you want? For he to throw deep and run out and catch his own passes?

:facepalm:
Who have we played? The Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins are the worst teams in the league. He padded his stats against them. He led us to 10 points against the Saints. We got more against the Packers once they had the lead secure.

I just want him to play better. Improve his pocket presence. Know when to run, when to throw it away, don't get sacked to take us out of FG range. Improve his ball placement. Yes, Cooper should've caught that ball but it was still behind him. I've seen that quite a few times in this young season.

Dak has improved this year, no doubt. But he still has a long way to go before I would consider him worthy of the massive contract he will want. He needs great players around him. If you pay him, you can't pay them, and then it's going to look like a terrible contract.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak has been led to believe that he is better than he is. This is not all his fault.
Dak needs to accept that his first year was not because of his own ability, but because of the most powerful offensive line in football.
He has never been forced to play with an average line and be the reason the Cowboys won. As you can see, he struggles when he is under pressure.
I like him, and think he can be the man in Dallas. Unfortunately, this is his real rookie season. This is the first time time that he will face stiff resistance and will have to raise his game for the Cowboys to excel.
This team can be very good. But this team needs a franchise quarterback to succeed.
This is his chance to prove that he is that guy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
But he still has a long way to go before I would consider him worthy of the massive contract he will want. He needs great players around him. If you pay him, you can't pay them, and then it's going to look like a terrible contract.
This is why fans don't run the franchise.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
For me the answer is not on the field. It would be to accept an extreme bargain basement contract.

:thumbup:

:)lmao:lmao:lmao:)
By-Golly& By-Jove , Super_Bazooka?
You square knocked it outta' the park& on thru the living room window of that nosey busybody of the nieghborhood ,,, Mrs Gladys Kravitz's house,,,SHEESE! we'll prolly never get our Mickey Mantle autographed ball back now,pal:facepalm:

:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
So you're speaking for the tens of thousands of people on this board, you can vouch for everybody?
There’s always a few knuckleheads—on both sides of that drudged up topic—but come on, that is not remotely the reason the overwhelming majority here that aren't on the Dak bandwagon feel what they do.
Has zero to do with it.
Just plain nonsense.

visionary

Reaction score
Stop with the race baiting again. Its funny how many of the Dakota critics have also been pointing out the greatness of Mahomes. Sad you should bring this garbage into this forum.

not just Mahomes, what about Deshaun Watson?

shabazz

Reaction score
not just Mahomes, what about Deshaun Watson?

Ive seen alot of Wilson to know hes a baller in this league, but I really haven't seen enough of Watson to form an opinion. But some on this board say that Im supposed to hate Watson too because of archaic agendas, even though I happen to be biracial. Funny funny stuff

birdwells1

Reaction score
There’s always a few knuckleheads—on both sides of that drudged up topic—but come on, that is not remotely the reason the overwhelming majority here that aren't on the Dak bandwagon feel what they do.
Has zero to do with it.
Just plain nonsense.

We'll then he wasn't talking about you but you can't speak for everyone so don't try to.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We'll then he wasn't talking about you but you can't speak for everyone so don't try to.
Can say the same for anyone here who ever stoops so low as to use the race card as an argument excuse.
Except its way worse, because it takes the low road by assuming the worst of someone just because they don't agree with them.
Lunacy

And like I said....a cop out.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Was having a conversation with a friend, and we just wound up wondering out loud what more is there he can do? (other than win sb's etc)

Guys been practically on fire since Amari arrived, he's near the top in almost all statistical categories, (not just volume numbers) he's still running when need be, and he's attacking the middle of the field, and deep, when that was the biggest complaint. He's thrown plenty of beautiful strikes this year so far... so what else can he do? Honest question.
Why do you and your friend even care? People aren’t goign to like the same stuff get over it. Dude is average to me some of y’all think he the next coming. It is what it is and that’s just that.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak's QB rating by game: 158.3, 123.5, 91.4, 73.2, 83.8

Would anyone here be surprised if Dallas ends up 9-7, Dak ends with a QB rating of around 95 (which would put him around 15th), Dallas ekes into the playoffs and loses in the first round?

Dak has a lot to work with on offense. I highly recommend that people go back and look at GB's defense on the first interception. They had one safety back. They were trying to stop the run and dared Dak to beat them deep. He slighly threw behind Coop and it turned into an interception. Blame whomever you want but Green Bay's plan worked.

Dak has impressed me this year. He is trying to throw deep and has had some good passes. That said, he isn't lighting the world on fire. He continues to be a relatively mediocre QB for this day's standards. He gets waaaay too much criticism on one hand. He didn't lose the GB game. That said, the loyalty and support he gets is really excessive for his talent, production and accomplishments.

When you think Dak, if your thought isn't "meh", you are probably overthinking it.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Stop with the race baiting again. Its funny how many of the Dakota critics have also been pointing out the greatness of Mahomes. Sad you should bring this garbage into this forum.
Lol I hope no one is offended, but it does show how bad certain perception is. It's like certain groups in the media, resort to looking at things through color and nothing else

birdwells1

Reaction score
Can say the same for anyone here who ever stoops so low as to use the race card as an argument excuse.
Except its way worse, because it takes the low road by assuming the worst of someone just because they don't agree with them.
Lunacy

And like I said....a cop out.

Naw, that whole word "race card" is thrown around to delegitimize someones thoughts and opinions. What's more likely, that everyone on this board judges Prescott on just what he does on the field or that some on this board judged him for other reasons beyond his control. You're living in a myopic world if you think the latter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Dak is practically Top 5 in every statistical category for QB right now this season. What more do you want? For he to throw deep and run out and catch his own passes?

:facepalm:
That’s because of his MVP performance against 2 of the worst teams in NFL. Lol

Those numbers will start dropping as they already have along with our record with stiffer competition.

Ultimately the barometer will be just as Romo’s was. And Danny White , Merideth and Morton.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
In fairness, the teams he's played against elevate his stats quite a bit.

You can say that about most quarterbacks, though, if not all of them. We don't generally go through each season with every quarterback and point out how they played well against teams with poor defenses and great against teams with weak defenses. Generally, that's the way it happens.

For example, Green Bay's first game of the year was against Chicago. They won 10-3, with Rodgers throwing one TD pass. He was sacked five times in that game, only completed 60 percent of his passes and threw for only 203 yards. If he had those stats every week, no one would consider him a great quarterback.

Going with a younger example since Rodgers isn't quite as good as he was in his prime, Patrick Mahomes was pretty fantastic his first three games, including against a pretty good Ravens D. Against Detroit in Week 4, though, he only completed 57.1 percent of his passes and had an 81.0 rating. Last week against Indy, he completed only 56.4 percent of his passes with 1 TD and had a 91.9 rating. His season wouldn't look too good just going by those last two games.

We'll get a more complete picture concerning Dak as we go along this season, which is why I prefer that we wait on a contract, but I can't erase his "elevated" franchise-level stats by pointing out individual games unless I'm going to do that for every QB.

Last edited: