What one guy do you really want the Cowboys to draft? (realistically)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OG Glowinski from WVU

Only because he is my homer pick, he can probably be had in the 7th and he is a project that can have a good upside.

I am not asking for much so let it happen. :D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Mine is Grady Jarrett. He's a heck of a player and a perfect fit.

He is one of mine on defense, along with Kendricks. I think he could be a steal deeper in the draft, much like Geno Atkins was for the Bengals.

On offense, it would be Ajayi.

RS12

Reaction score
I'd like to see Bud Dupree be there at 27. Dont know how many games Hardy plays this year or if he'll be here at all in 2016. Peters from UW would be my second choice, team is desperate for a corner that can actually play.

bb721

Reaction score
I'd like to see Bud Dupree be there at 27. Dont know how many games Hardy plays this year or if he'll be here at all in 2016. Peters from UW would be my second choice, team is desperate for a corner that can actually play.

I'd love that but he seems to be rising up a lot of teams draft boards and it seems unlikely he'll still be available at 27.

BoysWin

Reaction score
Mine is Grady Jarrett. He's a heck of a player and a perfect fit.

SPOT ON!!! Ia 1-tech DT and 2-CB's are my highest priority, even above a RB. I have 1-DT's ranked 1) Malcom Brown, 2)Michael Bennett 3) Grady Jarrett but think he has to be taken before #91, yet after #60 and if Dallas passess on Brown and Bennett, sure would hate to whiff and miss on Grady Jarrett. I am all-in on Jarrett #75-#81....

reddyuta

Reaction score
Probably, but I don't understand that philosophy. He's a very good player at a position of need. Team has 30 visits. Why not talk to the kid and decide for yourself?

@ceerrece: I'm a big Perryman fan too...

Agree,the philosophy has become inconsistent and selective.

btcutter

Reaction score
Offense: Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana
Defense: Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami

I love the passion of Perryman and how he attacks the ball carrier but I don't know how he fits in Dallas. Ideal position for him is MIKE. He's too small and slow for the outside I believe. He is an upgrade over Hitchens at MIKE but probably not on the outside. We already have McClain and the guy from Minn in the middle. A little too crowded.
If he is there at end of round 2....maybe. Round 3 definitely. But I see we have bigger needs at CB and DL and RB.

BoysWin

Reaction score
Duke Johnson is going to surprise a lot of folks and I think he can be had in the 3rd. That allows us to address the defense while still getting a game changing back. He also doubles as a return man.

I will barf if DALLAS takes Duke Johnson. I see Felix Jones all over again...........

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I will barf if DALLAS takes Duke Johnson. I see Felix Jones all over again...........

I am glad to see they are cold on both him and Abdullah.

Not that either are bad players, hardly the case.

Just the fit is so important with the RB we choose.

We have to get it right to continue with the run identity we finally established last season.

Just plugging someone into a "committee" would be a complete disaster.