What One Player Could Put Us Over The Hump?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Future;3843732 said:
Uh, did you notice the season he had this year?

Uh, yeah I did. I also noticed that he was injured for a good portion of it. Ed Reed is on his way out of the league. Don't get me wrong, he's a phenomenal player. I just prefer to have a guy that isn't on his last leg.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3843815 said:
Dallas doesn't need Jake Long... I think Doug Free is their guy.

With Long at LT and Free at RT (where I think he could be the best in the entire league), this O-line would immediately be twice as good.

rash

Reaction score
That man is hidden at the bottom of our roster.

His name you may ask?

Akwasi
Owusu-
Ansah

I am really pumped for him this upcoming season and I truly think Rob Ryan will turn him into a ball hawk

ShiningStar

Reaction score
since well lets face it, good idea of a thread, but i think its been done to death and im tired of the same train of thought.

What if we're not 1 player away but 1 coach away. How come teams with less talent, can lose a player and not miss a beat. We lose a player and the whole line collapses.

What one coach WOULD you bring in and what changes would he make on this team?

I want to make this clear because i want this known as a point of fact. Winning the SB doesnt come down to 1 player making a difference, it comes down to schedule, injuries, coaches, "special interest" , faith, and lets face it, dare i say it with no conspiracy, but refs have botched some games, all im saying on that no more.

are we 1 player away from being better? no, are we a couple coaches behind, clearly. And i know what you are thinking so no, Jenkins didnt forget how to play cornerback.

So far im liking our hires. Yes, its better to research and we dont know the chemistry between a new coach and the team, but im liking what Garrett is doing so far. But hes got to get a dominate ball hawking FS on this team in a hurry. Hes got to clean up that offensive line and I am hoping we'll see a dramatic change in the defense.

Reaction score
ShiningStar;3843901 said:
since well lets face it, good idea of a thread, but i think its been done to death and im tired of the same train of thought.

What if we're not 1 player away but 1 coach away. How come teams with less talent, can lose a player and not miss a beat. We lose a player and the whole line collapses.

What one coach WOULD you bring in and what changes would he make on this team?

How exactly did the team collapse? The Cowboys lost their best player Tony Romo and still finisheda respectable 6-6.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
rash;3843879 said:
That man is hidden at the bottom of our roster.

His name you may ask?

Akwasi
Owusu-
Ansah

I am really pumped for him this upcoming season and I truly think Rob Ryan will turn him into a ball hawk

this is just opinion. we're probably going to end up forgetting he was on hte team 4 years from now. I hope im wrong, but i dont get giddy with every draft pick. and dont scream project. IM begining to think the whole "project" label is going to be dead in the NFL, eitehr you have it or you dont, with the way things are going and age and everything else being thrown out there, you got it or you dont and we move on. We as in teams.

I hope i am wrong, but im not going to move a single blade of grass on the farm hoping he turns into anything but a spectactular water boy.

Hoping im wrong and all this is based on opinion of my graphs, charts, data, research, calls, calling my people to assist some people and basically pulling it out of you know where.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3843903 said:
How exactly did the team collapse? The Cowboys lost their best player Tony Romo and still finisheda respectable 6-6.

oh you werent here the previous year when Flozell went down and the offensive line took the rest of the game off against the Vikings. But thanx for keeping it in a very small box.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3843903 said:

im sorry when did 6-6 become respectable? get some graphs on this one.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
THE Hump!

Kris+Humphries+New+Jersey+Nets+v+Los+Angeles+S523Oh_k3dfl.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;3843826 said:
His worst games are typically when the offensive line plays like crap and he's forced to run for life.

Go back and look at the 34-3 and 44-6 games. Statistically Romo may have played poorly, but the offensive line gave him no time to throw, opened up no running lanes, and consistently committed stupid penalties.

Even when the OL doesn't give a QB time to throw that doesn't excuse them from turning the ball over.

Take the sack, throw the ball away but don't turn the ball over.

Rodgers got sacked 3 times in the SB and was under a lot of pressure at times but he maintained his poise and didn't turn the ball over.

One of Romo's 2 fumbles against Minn came when he was going to the ground and simply lost the football.

He has small hands and has trouble securing the football.

In the 44-6 loss to Philly the Cowboys were driving and looked like they were going to score when Romo got stripped and the ball was scooped and returned 96 yards for a TD.

Against the Steelers a few weeks earlier with the game on the line Romo throws a pick 6 game over!

There was no excuse for that mistake. During Nov Romo's has 41 TD's and 16 turnovers.

During Dec/Jan he has 27 TD's and 30 turnovers. His play completely drops off during the most important games.

During Nov Romo's had 6 fumbles losing one. During Dec/Jan he's had 19 fumbles losing six and that's not counting the fumbled snap against Seattle.

When you get into huge games in Dec/Jan you're going to be facing some very good teams.

Roethlisberger won a SB 2 years ago behind arguably the worst OL in SB history. He was sacked 46 times that season.

He was sacked 34 times this past season in only 12 games. Romo, Kitna and McGee combined were sacked 29 times.

Romo makes some of his best plays outside the pocket but he doesn't have very good awareness of where defenders are and starts losing his poise under pressure in big games and it's resulted in a lot of turnovers.

Ray Lewis said right before the Ravens faced the Cowboys in 08 that Romo is a very good QB but can be rattled and forced into mistakes.

I'm sure some here think Lewis was an idiot for saying such a thing. LOL

What Lewis said is exactly what the Ravens did. It's one thing when your QB is missing throws but it's another thing when they add to the problem by turning the ball over.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
How did this turn into a Bash Romo Thread? Tired of it all really, and I'm sure there will be time to bash him to your hearts content come pre and the regular season.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;3843664 said:
Well, I look at it like this, in the 2nd half of the season,when this team finally started playing decent football (emphasis on decent). No team playing for playoff position wanted to play Dallas.

This team is one good offseason away from being right back in the thick of things. Remember we won a tough division 2 outta 3 years, and were one slick football in Seattle and a Patrick Crayton drop from being 'contenders'. It's truly is a game of inches. Either of those plays go the other way, and who knows what could've happened.

This team isn't that far away, the Chiefs and Bucs won 10 games last year. With nowhere near the same level talent and pro bowl caliber guys on their team. It's just a matter of eliminating the mistakes and getting the team to stop beating.

Because for the past 3-4 years, including this year, I haven't seen many teams outright beat Dallas.

It goes back to what my old baseball coach used to tell every coach after we lost. "You guys didn't win, we just lost." It was arrogant, and everyone hated him, but he's won 700 games and it applies here in how this team has played over the past 5 years.

When they're playing sound football across the board, they look like they can beat anyone on any given Sunday - but when they committ stupid penalties, don't take care of the football, and don't force any turnovers. It's a miracle that we're even competitive, talent and explosive players making plays has kept us competing. The team has never looked like a team, just a bunch of individuals trying to make something happen - hopefully this year will be different.
You can dream it, but that just isn't reality. They aren't 10 players away, because teams don't need that many good players to win these days, but Dallas needs a lot more than one.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3843815 said:
Dallas doesn't need Jake Long... I think Doug Free is their guy.

Free would be moved to the rigth side and Colombo could limp his way to the bench as a reserve. I thought that was obvious that I would still have Free.
;)

visionary

Reaction score
in reality, we are a real GM and good coaching away from being a consistent contender

we are not one player away, we have several very real needs, after filling which we will still be in need of coaching, discipline, accoutablity, intensity (none of which the team had this year)

Real player needs:

1. NT for up the middle pressure and plug the run
2. ILB that can hit and cover
3. FS with range
4. Consistent OL that can block

but in the current bizarro universe we live in where fans still think JJ is a great GM and one player can put us over the top, give me Ngata or Suh

burmafrd

Reaction score
What I really dislike is some internet "expert" claiming ONLY HE knows the truth and that anyone else is full of it.

KJJ is about as reliable as Kartr ever was.