What RBs over Zeke

aria

Reaction score
If you say so, but only time will tell. Henry is in contract hell. He may not be able to improve on his $12.5 million per season. Zeke, is currently earning $15 million per season. He has done enough in the eyes of the organization to earn HIS money. At 27, Henry has signed his last big deal. Zeke, being 24, may be able to cash in one more time. You can bring up draft position, contracts, and whatever else. Zeke, is a Dallas Cowboy, and there is nothing that you can do about it.
Thanks, you sound like my mommy in that last sentence.

I’m glad you’re so happy for zeke at the expense of the team, unlike you I put the team before the player and zeke’s contract is bad for the team as was his draft spot.

aria

Reaction score
the stupidity that some fans display. when i look back at the 2016 draft i get annoyed not because i think zeke is worthless he isnt but i look and see what could have been.
Ramsey and Henry> Zeke and Jaylon its really that simple and cant be debated
zeke isn’t worthless (on the field) but he sure as hell wasn’t worth a top 10 pick, no RB’s are, I wouldn’t have even drafted him top 20. He’s also certainly not worth the contract that the buffoon Jerry gave him. Even local DFW media outlets think the contract was stupid, the only ones who think the contract was smart are Jerry, who’s is still in denial by calling zeke the best player on the team, and a few hold out homers.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Henry, Chubb, Cook, Taylor, Jones... all preferred by me over Zeke and his grotesque salary.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The league has many good backs but which ones would you rather have on our team than “feed me”?
Contracts not included? Only for one year or moving forward?

1 year, no contact:

Henry, Cook, Chubb, Hunt, Jones, Taylor, Robinson, McCaff, Sanders, Jacobs, Gibson, CEH, Dobbins, Ekeler, Swift, and Barkley.

With no contract the list increases a vast amount.
If expanded to the future; a couple drop off, and a few added.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Laugh all you want, but on the biggest stage, he fell flat. Some of the backs that you would take over Zeke, are sitting at home, to include now Henry.

"On the biggest stage"

Derrick Henry in his first two games last playoffs:
204 yards and a tuddy
202 yards

It always shocks me people use silly things like this to try and prove a point. Also one game sample sizes are never advised.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks, you sound like my mommy in that last sentence.

I’m glad you’re so happy for zeke at the expense of the team, unlike you I put the team before the player and zeke’s contract is bad for the team as was his draft spot.

Now, now, Junior. Aria, it really has nothing to do with Zeke; I would say this about any player. Jerry Jones and Family, have been doing business longer than you and I both. What makes you believe your opinion carries weight in their decisions?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"On the biggest stage"

Derrick Henry in his first two games last playoffs:
204 yards and a tuddy
202 yards

It always shocks me people use silly things like this to try and prove a point. Also one game sample sizes are never advised.

I see you "Q", it only matters when it comes down to Zeke. Therefore, I am not shocked, because it is expected.

aria

Reaction score
Now, now, Junior. Aria, it really has nothing to do with Zeke; I would say this about any player. Jerry Jones and Family, have been doing business longer than you and I both. What makes you believe your opinion carries weight in their decisions?
Of course it doesn’t, we’re just fans sounding off on a sports forum, I know that.

What’s amazing is they have been doing business for years but continue to make the same mistakes over and over again o_O They remind me of myself in the stock market, I always think I’ll get the next big score and occasionally I have a little success but overall I suck and continue to make the same mistakes. Unfortunately I don’t have a log that people worship to pay for my mistakes.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course it doesn’t, we’re just fans sounding off on a sports forum, I know that.

What’s amazing is they have been doing business for years but continue to make the same mistakes over and over again o_O They remind me of myself in the stock market, I always think I’ll get the next big score and occasionally I have a little success but overall I suck and continue to make the same mistakes. Unfortunately I don’t have a log that people worship to pay for my mistakes.

I left the stock market years ago, being too skeptical. Every now and then, I feel an itch, but it is not annoying enough to scratch.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
A lot..what holes did you see him have to run through this season? He was getting hit in the backfield on at least 30% of his rushing attempts.
Our OL was average in run block this year, with our run block win rate ranking 16th.

He had the average amount of holes as any RB in the league.

You can't make up statistics and expect to use them seriously.

How many times did you see Zeke make a man miss?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Our OL was average in run block this year, with our run block win rate ranking 16th.

“I don’t need no table to tell me Zeke’s line was opening holes. I can see with my own eyes that no holes were opened for Zeke!” —RonaldT

aria

Reaction score
A lot..what holes did you see him have to run through this season? He was getting hit in the backfield on at least 30% of his rushing attempts.
It seems like just last year when some of you were raving about zeke so much that when people brought up other top RB’s and how bad their O lines were it wasn’t a valid excuse. zeke would do great behind any O line, that’s what made him so special, that and his durability :rolleyes:

We can kiss both of those theories goodbye, the ewok was ranked ~48th overall in PFF ratings amongst all RB’s and barely averaged 4 ypc behind a middle of the pack O line.

E X P O S E D!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Cowboys fan logic dictates if we aren’t the best, we are the worst.

EST_1986

Reaction score
McCaffrey
Henry
Chubb
Hunt
Edwards-Helaire
Barkley
Kamara

Hell give me Pollard

EST_1986

Reaction score
You people are stupid, none of those RBs are better than Zeke but what they do have or had was a better offensive line than Zeke. Did y’all see what Henry did today? Nothing, the ravens defense won the line of scrimmage and Henry looked just like Zeke today
Zeke looked like that all season, dude fell off a cliff quick

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I would do disgustingly unforgivable things to have Chubb or Henry over Zeke, but mainly Chubb.

Hoping Zeke takes his off-season routine a little more seriously this year because this past season certainly had to be humbling for him.
I agree.

I do not know why he decided to bulk up like he did.

I can understand wanting to add bulk to ward off injuries over a season.

But he took it too far.

Quickness and speed serves him better than power and fearlessness.

He also needs to stop trying to play b/w the tackles. Get outside and use the sideline to end the play if needed and stop the unneeded hits.

His reduction of pass catching is puzzling.