What RBs over Zeke

phildadon86

Reaction score
But even when Zeke had an offensive line, he never looked as good as Henry. If you disagree, point me to 99 yard TD runs, 200 yard games, or a 2k season.
He was on pace in his first season to beat Dickersons record. Garrett sat him. Blame Zeke though.

Pretty sure he also had a pretty long catch and run for a TD against Pittsburgh. Pretty long run against Cincy for a TD. I can continue. You can just keep living in your make believe world that in 2016 he wasnt good though lol

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How can anyone sane think he is amongst the best in the league whenever all available information. Points to the opposite.

Yards after contact per attempt
Elusive essay rating
Broken tackles per attempt
Yards per carry
Yards per route run
Yards after catch

Don't talk about being sane whenever you haven't displayed to be that thus far.

And again, I didn't make any excuses for another RB, you're having to pull stuff out of your you know where.

Make sure your responses have any sort of relatability to the comment you're responding to.

I read some of your previous posts, concerning Zeke. You always use a back from another team, for your analysis. Adding all that blah, blah, blah, you just posted, doesn't mean squat. Each time you post, you add another unrelated comment, so this conversation is over.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Once a team's OL goes woefully downhill, their RBs become victims of that downturn. Is that remotely feasible as a fact? :omg:

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Once a team's OL goes woefully downhill, their RBs become instant victims of that downturn. Is that remotely feasible as a fact? :omg:
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Barkley had a phenomenal rookie year behind one of the worst lines in the league and had over 1K yards last year while playing on a high ankle sprain and missing 3 games, again behind a horrendous O line so it can be done.

IMOF, before zeke had a mediocre O line this year, I was constantly told the O line didn’t matter and that he would have similar success behind the same Giants O line that Barkley had. It’s now clear that they were wrong. Without a top 5-10 O line zeke is average to below average. Some of us repeatedly said that zeke’s success was largely due to the O line and backed it up with individual statistics such as yards after contact, broken tackles, elusiveness, etc but people kept telling me the O line had little to nothing to do with it and they were always over rated despite the statistics that said otherwise. NOW the O line is suddenly the reason he’s not good but it was never the reason he was good :rolleyes: Ok, sure.

So I’m curious why the O line is suddenly a valid excuse for zeke this year when it was never a valid excuse for any other RB in the past when comparing them to zeke. Any of you zeke lovers care to answer that for me? (Not directed at you @Bullflop)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Barkley had a phenomenal rookie year behind one of the worst lines in the league and had over 1K yards last year while playing on a high ankle sprain and missing 3 games, again behind a horrendous O line so it can be done.

IMOF, before zeke had a mediocre O line this year, I was constantly told the O line didn’t matter and that he would have similar success behind the same Giants O line that Barkley had. It’s now clear that they were wrong. Without a top 5-10 O line zeke is average to below average. Some of us repeatedly said that zeke’s success was largely due to the O line and backed it up with individual statistics such as yards after contact, broken tackles, elusiveness, etc but people kept telling me the O line had little to nothing to do with it and they were always over rated despite the statistics that said otherwise. NOW the O line is suddenly the reason he’s not good but it was never the reason he was good :rolleyes: Ok, sure.

So I’m curious why the O line is suddenly a valid excuse for zeke this year when it was never a valid excuse for any other RB in the past when comparing them to zeke. Any of you zeke lovers care to answer that for me?

There's no denying that the Dallas OL has seriously regressed in the past 2 years or so. Barkley is a different RB altogether than what Zeke now has to offer. Yes, Zeke has regressed in terms of his speed and quickness but the power is still intact in no small measure. He's also been granted a contract by Jerry that was overly generous at that point in time. The Cowboys financial situation under the cap is extremely vulnerable right now, largely due to Dak's demands for a generous raise that will likely be granted. I suspect this might well be Zeke's final year as our RB. I think Jerry and Stephen will choose to retain him, in view of their budget being very likely to prohibit the changes that are so desperately needed for their defense to improve.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He was on pace in his first season to beat Dickersons record. Garrett sat him. Blame Zeke though.

Pretty sure he also had a pretty long catch and run for a TD against Pittsburgh. Pretty long run against Cincy for a TD. I can continue. You can just keep living in your make believe world that in 2016 he wasnt good though lol
Oh I have stated many times he was good in 2016 but he still wasn’t as good as Henry at his best. I want him to get back to that 2016 level of play. I’ve wanted it since 2017 when his fans kept claiming there was no drop off in his performance and made excuses for why he wasn’t as explosive. Now you go back to your fantasy world.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dereck JOHN Henry
Rubba dub dub three men and a Chubb
Dalvin CAN Cook

phildadon86

Reaction score
Oh I have stated many times he was good in 2016 but he still wasn’t as good as Henry at his best. I want him to get back to that 2016 level of play. I’ve wanted it since 2017 when his fans kept claiming there was no drop off in his performance and made excuses for why he wasn’t as explosive. Now you go back to your fantasy world.
What were Henrys numbers in 2016? Henry took like 3 years to turn into who he is and didnt start coming into the league. Zeke has a lot more wear and tear on him so its not really a fair comparison. Thats like comparing Romo at 34 years old to Mahomes at 24. The body isnt made to take the punishment these guys take.

Henry didnt even break 300 attempts until last season lol. So again. Not a fair comparison. Zeke has 1413 rushes (not including passes) Henry has 1182. (Not including passes)

Thats a big difference.

For the record I wanted to draft Bosa. So I was happy we got Zeke. In retrospect Ramsey Henry would look a lot better now.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What were Henrys numbers in 2016? Henry took like 3 years to turn into who he is and didnt start coming into the league. Zeke has a lot more wear and tear on him so its not really a fair comparison. Thats like comparing Romo at 34 years old to Mahomes at 24. The body isnt made to take the punishment these guys take.

Henry didnt even break 300 attempts until last season lol. So again. Not a fair comparison. Zeke has 1413 rushes (not including passes) Henry has 1182. (Not including passes)

Thats a big difference.

For the record I wanted to draft Bosa. So I was happy we got Zeke. In retrospect Ramsey Henry would look a lot better now.
Zeke’s best is not as good as Henry’s best. There isn’t really a debate about that but I am sure Zeke fans will try.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I read some of your previous posts, concerning Zeke. You always use a back from another team, for your analysis. Adding all that blah, blah, blah, you just posted, doesn't mean squat. Each time you post, you add another unrelated comment, so this conversation is over.

Me using data is a bad thing according to you?

That's a you problem, not a me problem.

Your posts appear to be constructed by a 13 year old.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
You people are stupid, none of those RBs are better than Zeke but what they do have or had was a better offensive line than Zeke. Did y’all see what Henry did today? Nothing, the ravens defense won the line of scrimmage and Henry looked just like Zeke today

What is your education ?

U.S. - greatest country of all - university ?
If thats the case then i can follow the way you try to argue.

But then you have not a good education (and that means everything inside the US) then ST/U and listen to people who acutally know something.

Last edited:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Me using data is a bad thing according to you?

That's a you problem, not a me problem.

Your posts appear to be constructed by a 13 year old.

Your responses are childish at best. Keep using cherry picked data to bolster your silly, biased, and petulant arguments.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How many yards did Henry have yesterday? 40. Lol. 2.2 ypc. Lmao :laugh:. This Henry is great crap needs to stop.
No,,, drafting RBs high needs to just stop.
Bad Build Model.. nobody will ever realize this very simple build process. I pound my head :banghead:

fivetwos

Reaction score
From what I can gather, as long as Elliott has a top OL, a top QB and passing game with three top receivers he should be fine.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
From what I can gather, as long as Elliott has a top OL, a top QB and passing game with three top receivers he should be fine.
Yup. He needs a ton of help. I just wish he had half the heart and motivation Emmitt had. If he did, he would have been special.

quickccc

Reaction score
I would do disgustingly unforgivable things to have Chubb or Henry over Zeke, but mainly Chubb.

Hoping Zeke takes his off-season routine a little more seriously this year because this past season certainly had to be humbling for him.

even though that could be very hard to do considering the lagging pandemic that will threaten NFL level offseason programs across the land.
and i'm awaiting to see if or how Cowboys will approach their offseason without the late Markus Paul .. or if there will even be an offseason program.

But for those who have to painfully keep hearing my new plans for Zeke and his return to explosive days of the past - the offseason approach is the
only way i can see it possible with him re-conditioning, re-shaping his body and conditioning back to the 2016 version.