CFZ What result would make you consider ‘22 a success?

31RoyW31

Reaction score
Making it to the NFC title game would be a huge step. Anything less I view as just more of the same. I think we are less than 50/50 to beat Tampa, so I would be happy on some level if we win the first game. I've learned to just enjoy the ride in the regular season and look forward to some good games (by other teams) to watch in the playoffs, I expect nothing out of the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Considering the current state of our OL, secondary, and receiving corps, I’ll be happy if we reach the second round and play well.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
tumblr_nxgcaicyRn1rbb9x4o1_500.gif

Man, what a scene.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
gotta get to that nfc championship game at the minimum. They lose there in a strong showing, and i'll be ok, mainly because then i wouldn't have had to take out a giant loan to go to the super bowl lol.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Just a very weird, up and down year.

I expected us to collapse this year after losing so many quality players in the offseason.
And then we loss Tyron. And then after the opening loss and how horrible we looked, I thought the season was over. Tyron, Dak, Gallup, Schulz. Started the season w/o 3, and would have been better off w/o Schulz. So much cap.
But Rush + The Team roll off 4 straight wins. Just incredible.
Incredible too is getting curbed stomped by the Commanders.

The most clear plus of the year is the draft. I think I see 5 eventual starters. The draft was a success. That's what we did this year.

But yow, watching the oline lose life and Dak just look horrible *again* is dark for the future. Best you can say is that those decisions weren't a failure this year, they were just exposed as in adequate now and into the future.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Does it have to be Super Bowl or failure?

How many predicted or expected us to win it all? How many gave up entirely after week one?

We haven’t won a road playoff game in 30 years, now we need to win THREE just to get IN to the big game.

We apparently stink on grass, and Tampa Philly and SF all have just that.

Maybe this is just me officially lowering my own expectations, which is probably long overdue, but who may be ok with the following, considering winning it all is probably well above and beyond what could realistically happen….?

Let’s say we beat Tampa. Not far fetched and I expect it actually. We finally beat Brady and end the road playoff streak. In blue nonetheless. Nuts.

There’s some solace in those two things, but a loss the following week means we still can’t get past the Garrett peak level with MM three years in. This was NOT a rebuild. It’s a fail to now in that case, and the window isn’t open forever.

But let’s say we then head to Philly, play to our true capability and knock them off in their house after the season they had. Now there’s some satisfaction.

With that we also broke the non NFC title game appearance streak.

If from there it all comes to a non heartbreak, nor fully embarrassing loss to a 49ers team whose GM wasn’t afraid to make the necessary moves to get them over the top…..

Considering all….I mean, the self inflicted limitations this franchise faces that isn’t going to change…. I may be able to see this as a successful season. In a way it’s loser talk, but you’ve gotta crawl before you can walk. Lots of droughts are broken under this scenario at least.

Would the arrow be pointed upward from there? I’m not sure….but the refusal of the Joneses to make two or three significant upgrades to put this team over the top is bordering on pure crime. That’s certainly a big topic for a few weeks from now. We may never again see a weaker NFC.

Anything less than a Championship is going to carry disappointment, but I suppose I’m already looking for silver linings since I have a reasonably good idea of what’s ahead.
Nope, just beat Tampa

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Does it have to be Super Bowl or failure?

How many predicted or expected us to win it all? How many gave up entirely after week one?

We haven’t won a road playoff game in 30 years, now we need to win THREE just to get IN to the big game.

We apparently stink on grass, and Tampa Philly and SF all have just that.

Maybe this is just me officially lowering my own expectations, which is probably long overdue, but who may be ok with the following, considering winning it all is probably well above and beyond what could realistically happen….?

Let’s say we beat Tampa. Not far fetched and I expect it actually. We finally beat Brady and end the road playoff streak. In blue nonetheless. Nuts.

There’s some solace in those two things, but a loss the following week means we still can’t get past the Garrett peak level with MM three years in. This was NOT a rebuild. It’s a fail to now in that case, and the window isn’t open forever.

But let’s say we then head to Philly, play to our true capability and knock them off in their house after the season they had. Now there’s some satisfaction.

With that we also broke the non NFC title game appearance streak.

If from there it all comes to a non heartbreak, nor fully embarrassing loss to a 49ers team whose GM wasn’t afraid to make the necessary moves to get them over the top…..

Considering all….I mean, the self inflicted limitations this franchise faces that isn’t going to change…. I may be able to see this as a successful season. In a way it’s loser talk, but you’ve gotta crawl before you can walk. Lots of droughts are broken under this scenario at least.

Would the arrow be pointed upward from there? I’m not sure….but the refusal of the Joneses to make two or three significant upgrades to put this team over the top is bordering on pure crime. That’s certainly a big topic for a few weeks from now. We may never again see a weaker NFC.

Anything less than a Championship is going to carry disappointment, but I suppose I’m already looking for silver linings since I have a reasonably good idea of what’s ahead.
It's always Super Bowl or bust, but if we can atleast get to the NFC championship game I would say this team is making progress.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Has to be get to the championship game. Beating the Bucs is no great accomplishment. If Dallas does win a playoff game, it's usually someone they are expected to beat, like the Lions, Seahawks, then get stomped out afterwards.

I don't know that we'll beat the Bucs, but at the same time I'm not going to get all excited if the Cowboys beat an 8-9 team. Nor will I think that is some great success.

If it's no big deal if they beat them then will you be equally as dismissive if they lose? So the game can only have meaning if the Cowboys lose? Do you not see how twisted that logic is?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Easiest question I’ll ever answer .

I would consider 2022 a success if Jerry resigned as GM and retired and was out of football

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Losing to the bucs and sending MM and his lackies packing. Hiring a real HC.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a realist I would say winning at least one playoff game will do the trick. No it won't put another trophy in the case but all things considered I would take one playoff win and be reasonably happy. Not satisfied and still depressed whenever they do get knocked out.. but after a bout a month to mourn I would take a playoff win as a positive step in the right direction over last season.
LOL Ok RonnieT set that bar to its lowest level(Beating an 8-9 team) for reasons we are all aware of........
Ask Dak's PR manager for a raise as your Job is about to get a lot harder!!!

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Since the GB game I’ve kept the same standard. Win 1 playoff game and I’ll be happy. The media and fans hyped this team up more then they should’ve.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fat Mikes gettin fired if we lose. They might label it as him "stepping away" but he won't be here. DQ is leaving. I think KM will be next HC sadly.

Flamma

Reaction score
If it's no big deal if they beat them then will you be equally as dismissive if they lose? So the game can only have meaning if the Cowboys lose? Do you not see how twisted that logic is?
I was assuming you were answering the question in the OP. How would beating Tampa count as a successful 2022? We haven't won a divisional game since 1995. The scant few playoff wins we do have, are teams we're expected to beat. So no, I do not consider a repeat of the 2018 season any kind of success. Maybe if we were the giants or Jaguars I would.

starfan1

Reaction score
I was assuming you were answering the question in the OP. How would beating Tampa count as a successful 2022? We haven't won a divisional game since 1995. The scant few playoff wins we do have, are teams we're expected to beat. So no, I do not consider a repeat of the 2018 season any kind of success. Maybe if we were the giants or Jaguars I would.
And what makes the cowboys any more special than giants or the jags or any other of the 29 teams that start the year with the same goals ? Just to play devils advocate