CFZ What result would make you consider ‘22 a success?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Just play like we belong and I will be OK with any result. Getting beat by a better team is not a failure. Expecting this squad to win it all is nonsense. A road playoff win would be huge. An appearance in the NFC championship game would be miraculous.

coachharden

Reaction score
Just how Jimmy Johnson would answer this question. SB or nothing. That's the goal every year!
You go into Tampa Bay and punch them square in the mouth. You kick their _ _ _!

Flamma

Reaction score
And what makes the cowboys any more special than giants or the jags or any other of the 29 teams that start the year with the same goals ? Just to play devils advocate
Expectations. If I'm a Jags or Giants fan, I'm really happy if we win the wildcard round.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Does it have to be Super Bowl or failure?

How many predicted or expected us to win it all? How many gave up entirely after week one?

We haven’t won a road playoff game in 30 years, now we need to win THREE just to get IN to the big game.

We apparently stink on grass, and Tampa Philly and SF all have just that.

Maybe this is just me officially lowering my own expectations, which is probably long overdue, but who may be ok with the following, considering winning it all is probably well above and beyond what could realistically happen….?

Let’s say we beat Tampa. Not far fetched and I expect it actually. We finally beat Brady and end the road playoff streak. In blue nonetheless. Nuts.

There’s some solace in those two things, but a loss the following week means we still can’t get past the Garrett peak level with MM three years in. This was NOT a rebuild. It’s a fail to now in that case, and the window isn’t open forever.

But let’s say we then head to Philly, play to our true capability and knock them off in their house after the season they had. Now there’s some satisfaction.

With that we also broke the non NFC title game appearance streak.

If from there it all comes to a non heartbreak, nor fully embarrassing loss to a 49ers team whose GM wasn’t afraid to make the necessary moves to get them over the top…..

Considering all….I mean, the self inflicted limitations this franchise faces that isn’t going to change…. I may be able to see this as a successful season. In a way it’s loser talk, but you’ve gotta crawl before you can walk. Lots of droughts are broken under this scenario at least.

Would the arrow be pointed upward from there? I’m not sure….but the refusal of the Joneses to make two or three significant upgrades to put this team over the top is bordering on pure crime. That’s certainly a big topic for a few weeks from now. We may never again see a weaker NFC.

Anything less than a Championship is going to carry disappointment, but I suppose I’m already looking for silver linings since I have a reasonably good idea of what’s ahead.
Jerry Jones ceding control, living on his yacht and cancelling all radio shows.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Super Bowl…

The NFC is so weak this year…
The NFC has the team with the best record in the league and a team that has won like 10 in a row in it? The last 5 with a rookie QB. On what planet is that weak? If the 49ers didn't have a rookie at QB they'd likely be considered the best team in the league. They are certainly the best blend of defense and offensive firepower. Their only question mark is how well will the rookie play in the playoffs. The Eagles are in trouble if Hurts can't throw any better than he did against the Giants though I will grant that. The Vikings are frauds we know.. The Cowboys? Who the hell knows at this point?

foofighters

Reaction score

How many predicted or expected us to win it all? How many gave up entirely after week one?

We haven’t won a road playoff game in 30 years, now we need to win THREE just to get IN to the big game.

Maybe this is just me officially lowering my own expectations, which is probably long overdue, but who may be ok with the following, considering winning it all is probably well above and beyond what could realistically happen….?

Let’s say we beat Tampa. Not far fetched and I expect it actually. We finally beat Brady and end the road playoff streak. In blue nonetheless. Nuts.

There’s some solace in those two things, but a loss the following week means we still can’t get past the Garrett peak level with MM three years in. This was NOT a rebuild. It’s a fail to now in that case, and the window isn’t open forever.

But let’s say we then head to Philly, play to our true capability and knock them off in their house after the season they had. Now there’s some satisfaction.

If from there it all comes to a non heartbreak, nor fully embarrassing loss to a 49ers team whose GM wasn’t afraid to make the necessary moves to get them over the top…..

Considering all….I mean, the self inflicted limitations this franchise faces that isn’t going to change…. I may be able to see this as a successful season. In a way it’s loser talk, but you’ve gotta crawl before you can walk. Lots of droughts are broken under this scenario at least.

Would the arrow be pointed upward from there? I’m not sure….but the refusal of the Joneses to make two or three significant upgrades to put this team over the top is bordering on pure crime. That’s certainly a big topic for a few weeks from now. We may never again see a weaker NFC.

Anything less than a Championship is going to carry disappointment, but I suppose I’m already looking for silver linings since I have a reasonably good idea of what’s ahead.
Jerry sells the team...

ICP

Reaction score
2 playoff wins, something that this team hasn't done since the last time they won a SB

ICP

Reaction score
A hell of a lot lower than in the 90’s. Many compare this franchise to what it was back then and I don’t.

I consider the playoff record since then and winning one is progress.
I don't think I would consider winning a playoff game vs a team with a losing record as progress. Then again, this team has been so pathetic over the past almost 3 decades, that I can see where some fans might view it as progress

starfan1

Reaction score
Expectations. If I'm a Jags or Giants fan, I'm really happy if we win the wildcard round.
Ya I get we had 70s and 90s success but the cowboys are no better than those 2 or other 29.

I guess I just don’t see it that way. Love my cowboys and have since 70s but we’re no better than other franchises but perhaps there are fans of those teams that think similarity as you

lukin2006

Reaction score
The NFC has the team with the best record in the league and a team that has won like 10 in a row in it? The last 5 with a rookie QB. On what planet is that weak? If the 49ers didn't have a rookie at QB they'd likely be considered the best team in the league. They are certainly the best blend of defense and offensive firepower. Their only question mark is how well will the rookie play in the playoffs. The Eagles are in trouble if Hurts can't throw any better than he did against the Giants though I will grant that. The Vikings are frauds we know.. The Cowboys? Who the hell knows at this point?
Lol. Yeah right. Just so you know, I don’t read long, winded replies, you just wasted your time. And without reading it I’m pretty sure it’s just that long-winded.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ya I get we had 70s and 90s success but the cowboys are no better than those 2 or other 29.

I guess I just don’t see it that way. Love my cowboys and have since 70s but we’re no better than other franchises but perhaps there are fans of those teams that think similarity as you
It's not always about the big picture. If the Cowboys were 3-14 or 4-13 last year, I would be super happy if we won a playoff game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Let's start with 1 playoff win which would also be 1 win vs Tom Brady...

Brax

Reaction score

Only a SB appearance will be a successful season anything else is a total failure and yet another indictment of the FO and HC