What should we do with Henson

Doomsday101

Reaction score
iceberg said:
cause he's a romo-homo and that's what he does. (NOT a slam on romo or homo's - just tired of his constant bashing of henson supporters)

I don't quite understand the Romo vs Henson additude. Both are QB's trying to improve their games. Romo has done very well in his 1st outing and I look forward to seeing him get his chances in the pre-season and hope he can continue to play well and get that contract extention to remain with us. Henson is not taking away from anyone while he is trying to develope. Hopefully BP words will at least put to rest the ideal he does not like him. When or if the time comes where the organization feels Henson is not going to develope I would expect that he will get released in the meantime I hope Henson can prove his critics wrong.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
he's done LESS on the field than henson.

Speaking of lying to fit one's agenda...

Here are their on the field numbers:

Romo: 66-101, 758 yards, 65.0 completion %, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 95.5 Rating

Henson: 43-78, 429 yards, 55.0 completion %, 1 TD, 4 INT, 55.43 Rating

Not even close

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
then bash consistantly and bash romo also, right? it's the 3 year rule after all, right???

funny we bash the media for being selective in their venom but you do it all the time.

Romo has suceeded in those 3 years, Henson has not, and therein lies the difference

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Floudering is your words BP has not said that and if BP did not want Henson here or thought he could not develope he would be gone. simple as that.

This is simply not true. If you really believe BP has complete control of the personal here, just take one look at TO and then smell what your shoveling.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Romo has suceeded in those 3 years, Henson has not, and therein lies the difference

ummmm...how? he's not seen the field or taken a snap till THIS pre-season. what is your measure of "success" here?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
iceberg said:
ummmm...how? he's not seen the field or taken a snap till THIS pre-season. what is your measure of "success" here?

I guess Romo's play in preseason his first two years was imaginary?:confused:

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
It's been 4 years for Romo without any layoff. Romo is going in the right direction, but we need to see him in real games yet.

I think it's a matter of Parcells being able to find what buttons to push with a player. He's found the right ones with Romo, but not Henson. At least it now sounds like that after 3 years, BP has found out that Henson has trouble relaxing.

Eitherway, Henson has not responded as well as hoped this camp and has himself to blame. It's a shame, cause I still think he's so talented.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
iceberg said:
we should treat him the very same way ALL TEAMS treat their 3rd string qb or we're just as guilty as the media for making things up, right? : )

wait - we only want the media to be "unbiased" in all dealings. : )

sorry, sarcasm slipping. but the truth is he's 3rd string, leave him alone and why do we have to do ANYTHING with him NOW?

we don't. let it ride and see if romo is #2 and worry from there.

...coming dangerously close to sounding logical, rational and reasonable. Let's not ruin the Cowboy culture with any of that nonsense. Especially when we are talking about Cowboy QBs.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
davidyee said:
...coming dangerously close to sounding logical, rational and reasonable. Let's not ruin the Cowboy culture with any of that nonsense. Especially when we are talking about Cowboy QBs.

'eh, i'm trying to turn my own corner. : )

baj1dallas

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
What I would do? Cut him, trade him, send him on a cruise to the Bermuda Triangle, whatever. Just cut our losses now.

What will we do? Keep him for the majority of his contract so Jerruh can save face, then when his contract expires he can say "Well, it just didnt work out, but we gave it our best shot" instead of giving up on him just 3 years and looking like a fool for making the move in the first place.

Why do you look like a fool for trying something? Not everything works out, just because you want it to. You gave up a third round pick it's not exactly the end of the world. What's the rush to get rid of him? Why does everybody that's not an immediate success have to be traded? And who knows, maybe the hyperbaric chamber can turn him into the next Matt Hasselbeck!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
This might hurt a little:

http://kbim-roswell.com/cowboys/2004_stats_ps.htm

http://kbim-roswell.com/cowboys/2005_stats_ps.htm

Now, maybe it's just me, but completely dominating Henson in every preseason they've been together constitutes "success" in my opinion.

He also took one or two snaps in a regular season game last year.

Where he just snapped the ball and took a knee.

Now I know that has nothing to do with stats. But he has took snaps before this pre-season games.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
He also took one or two snaps in a regular season game last year.

Where he just snapped the ball and took a knee.

Now I know that has nothing to do with stats. But he has took snaps before this pre-season games.

Correct

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Speaking of lying to fit one's agenda...

Here are their on the field numbers:

Romo: 66-101, 758 yards, 65.0 completion %, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 95.5 Rating

Henson: 43-78, 429 yards, 55.0 completion %, 1 TD, 4 INT, 55.43 Rating

Not even close

Well, it appears iceberg here cowers and slinks away when provided actual facts that refute his position

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
Well, it appears iceberg here cowers and slinks away when provided actual facts that refute his position

I think if you quote your own post to toot you own horn in the same page of a thread...you should get some kind of punishment.

So...maybe I will refer to you as Mary Milkmaid for the day.

Nah.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
This might hurt a little:

http://kbim-roswell.com/cowboys/2004_stats_ps.htm

http://kbim-roswell.com/cowboys/2005_stats_ps.htm

He has played before this preason. Now, maybe it's just me, but completely dominating Henson in every preseason they've been together constitutes "success" in my opinion.

ok, you're right. i'm in 2 concalls and in e-mail trying to get work done and forgot about that part.

i also forgot you'll stay by romo NO MATTER WHAT and not hold him to standards of those you DON'T care for.

like the media does TO, you see.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

ok, dorkwad. some of us DO have work to do and i'm SURE if you needed time away from the board to get something done you'd NOT want people saying you were "hiding".

sigh. and wow, near as i can tell it was 4 minutes i had to duck away and get something done.

what an arse.

superpunk

Reaction score
Let him sit on the bench, learn, and continue to develop?

:shootme:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Hand him a "#1 Special Person Certificate" that Bill printed off the computer and lamenated to boost his confidence. Jerry can take him for a play day at Chucky E Cheese, and feign an astonished look on his face say "Wow !!" when Henson shows him how many tickets he won at skeeball.