What sounds odd to you may be normal to others

Creeper

Reaction score
Up until I was in college I had never seen a hamburger treated with mustard before. I hate mustard but apparently in some parts of the country hamburgers get ketchup only but in others it's ketchup and mustard.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Up until I was in college I had never seen a hamburger treated with mustard before. I hate mustard but apparently in some parts of the country hamburgers get ketchup only but in others it's ketchup and mustard.
Even at McNasty's?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
In Texas a hamburger comes with mustard unless you ask for ketchup or that other nasty word

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
As you travel across these great United States the dialect has subtle changes. Its fun to observe what may indeed sound odd to you is normal to others.

My wife is from Ohio and we live in North Carolina. A few things that were odd at first are now normal.

Examples:

1. Soda to me was Pop to her.

2. Gravel to me was stones to her

3. Outside to me was outdoors to her.

4. Getting ready to go to me was "Get Around" to her.

Can you guys add some examples?
We say lets go get a coke instead of soda or pop no matter what flavor we intend to purchase in Texas

DFWJC

Reaction score
No doubt
I know a lot of people that don't use Ketchup at all on burgers, especially if they add fresh tomato

Same goes for ketchup and hotdogs. Some places, yes, others, no way.