What sounds odd to you may be normal to others

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Up until I was in college I had never seen a hamburger treated with mustard before. I hate mustard but apparently in some parts of the country hamburgers get ketchup only but in others it's ketchup and mustard.
Whataburger is mustard. I saw where Sonic just changed their cheeseburger to mayo and ketchup, the BK way, and they're promoting that as a big deal.

I discovered the regionality of some foods when I began traveling nationally and into Canada. Mayo was far more dominant up north and Miracle Whip was more Southern and I was amazed by the number of Northerners that thought a peanut butter sammich wasn't complete without mayo. I'd never even heard of that before.

I'd always been a mustard guy on my hot dogs and tried mayo and was surprised at how good, and different, that was.

Not liking mustard does not compute. Mmmm, biscuits n mustard, um hmm.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Another one I thought of us in West Virginia they call lunch dinner, and dinner @ night supper.

Always throws me when they say have you had dinner but are referring to lunch. This is more southern West VA (Beckley) so not sure if universal, etc.

jsb357

Reaction score
My cousin that lives in the deep south eats sweet peaches for dessert with real mayo on top like whipped cream

:omg:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In DC/DMV area

Jack= cigarette

Lunchin = acting stupid/inappropriately for the setting

Wellin = lying/exaggerating

Bamma = someone from the South or Baltimore (out of towner and obvious)

Kirk = get mad "I kirked out on him"

Sice = exaggerate - pretty sure this is national though

One thing I noticed when visiting New York, they say "on line" instead of "in line"; no cuts, I'm on line here! They are on the line, not in it lol
Never heard the on line one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whataburger is mustard. I saw where Sonic just changed their cheeseburger to mayo and ketchup, the BK way, and they're promoting that as a big deal.

I discovered the regionality of some foods when I began traveling nationally and into Canada. Mayo was far more dominant up north and Miracle Whip was more Southern and I was amazed by the number of Northerners that thought a peanut butter sammich wasn't complete without mayo. I'd never even heard of that before.

I'd always been a mustard guy on my hot dogs and tried mayo and was surprised at how good, and different, that was.

PB with mayo??? I'd punch someone in the face if they tried to give me one of those...and I like mayo!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

Grew up on the whip myself...hate mustard though. I remember McDonald's would put in on the cheeseburgers and no matter how much I scraped it off, I would still taste that yellow devil :laugh:

Up until more recently you modified after the order...you take it as is and go from there. Now I'll hold stuff, but definitely was rude looking growing up to request that (or parents just didn't lol)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My father does this..I just can't.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJMbrNTjAKRW4y2qOY9ZUt64kajECaX97x3w&usqp=CAU
Is that mayo and banana? Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, mayo and salted pineapple or apple? Mmmmm good.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is that mayo and banana? Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, mayo and salted pineapple or apple? Mmmmm good.
If it were banana and marshmallow fluff, that might be worth investigating.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
What I call left overs my wife call "Warm ups".

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1elZxFbbRYsr4-BtAj99MCNyJ2KmU4slk7g&usqp=CAU

nobody

Reaction score

When I was a teen and worked at Sonic, the mustard burger was far more popular than the mayo one. Mayo on a burger? Ick. Mustard is the perfect condiment.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
When I was a teen and worked at Sonic, the mustard burger was far more popular than the mayo one. Mayo on a burger? Ick. Mustard is the perfect condiment.
only thing I put mustard on is a corn dog. Only.:)

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Did you guys know that "Dirt Cake" was actually good?
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7EpJLfMFT6u28y3BL6uU_Fx_K2s_aSrVi8g&usqp=CAU Awesome.:)