What sounds odd to you may be normal to others

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
You don't put mustard on a bloney sammich, you're a Communist.
Heck no. As I posted i lied. I do put mustard on a liver mush and slaw sandwich. In the South the slaw does go "On" the sandwitch.

Last edited:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Fair, but here's food for thought: The BIBLE has mustard/mustard seeds. It is of Heavenly origin. Know what's NOT there? Mayo....cause it was forged by Lucifer himself! :laugh:
mayo is really good in small doses. At least to my pallet.

cowboyec

Reaction score
variety.

just shows a lack of commitment in my opinion but what the hell do i know...i clean toilets for a livin'.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Coming from the East Coast (NY and MA) to CA there were some sayings that people knew I wasn’t from here. Here were some:
1) Sneakers I say. They say tennies or tennis shoes
2) You guys I say. They say you all
3) This one gets to me a lot when I first came out here: They say I am going down south. Which to me means the southern part of the US (Fl, NC, SC, Al, Georgia, etc). They mean southern CA.

When I lived in Boston I would say Coke/Pepsi for a soft drink but my friends would say tonic. And the one thing I constantly got corrected was Aunt ( I pronounce it Ant) but my friends would say no it’s Aunt with the u stressed.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Grinder was another one that confused me when I moved to CT. In Jersey we called them subs, hoagies, or heroes. When someone invited me to get a grinder, I thought it sounded like something painful to eat.
We say that in NY but in CA it is a sub. A pizza roll is a calzone in CA.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
In the south this is a "Jar Fly" it is really a cicada...

OIP.o84wezsH8fr5GjrPlaWzigHaFj

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
In the south this is called a "March Flower". It is really a daffodil

th

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the south this is a "Jar Fly" it is really a cicada...

OIP.o84wezsH8fr5GjrPlaWzigHaFj
I am Louisiana born and I cannot remember anyone calling a cicada a "jar fly" lol. My sister and brother-in-law moved to Maryland many years ago. She said friends and co-workers were freaking out when the latest cicada re-emergence happened there. They would ask her how she could stay so calm with all the "monsters" coming out from everywhere. She told them, "This is nothing. I grew up with them." :D

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am Louisiana born and I cannot remember anyone calling a cicada a "jar fly" lol. My sister and brother-in-law moved to Maryland many years ago. She said friends and co-workers were freaking out when the latest cicada re-emergence happened there. They would ask her how she could stay so calm with all the "monsters" coming out from everywhere. She told them, "This is nothing. I grew up with them." :D
They couldn't hurt you if they wanted to, which they don't.