What the franchise has consistently given us

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
What this franchise has given us
This philosophy is how I stay married. Give her just enough to provide the hope that someday I may actually remodel the kitchen.

phildadon86

Reaction score
1, An opportunity, to win every single game we play.
Some franchises go to the playoffs, the Super Bowl. And then they’re not heard from again for 10 seasons. And possibly more, example Atlanta Falcons.
As a fan sometimes you have to decide what’s right for you .
A championship. Nothing else we’ll do.
Or being consistently competitive.
For me, it’s always knowing you can win every single game, every challenge, every opportunity , when we step on the football field.
Now we know that’s not possible, but it’s nice to know it’s probable.
Some people might think that’s my moral victory.
I think it’s just being the best you can be .
Cowboy fan forever ,
For some, this might be hard to wrap your head around. For me. it’s something I can say. I’m proud of being a cowboy fan.
What this franchise has given us
Heartburn. Grey Hair

GMO415

Reaction score
It's great to compete but what's the purpose of playing every week? To get to the dang SB!

After 28 years it's time to pull out all the stops!

I found myself this season asking more this than ever before - "What the hell are we doing ?"

Staubacher

Reaction score
You mean look at the LA Rams....5-12, cap hell, no draft picks, aging players. The best DL in the game talking about retiring.
TB even with Brady a shell of themselves that retired.
Go take a look see at what the Rams were doing for the last six seasons prior to this bad one. And then try to compare the Cowboys favorably to them. I already posted all of it but apparently people want to hang on to the thought that the owner/GM of our team makes any sense at all.

So the Rams had a sucky season after years of excellence. The Cowboys have had plenty of sucky seasons and the most they can brag about is finally making the playoffs for 2 years in a row. With early exits. It's pathetic

Staubacher

Reaction score
Right back to you. Believe whatever you want when’s the last time someone repeated Super Bow
Way to change the goal post from your original thread post. You said Super Bowl teams disappear you didn't say they are repeat Super Bowl champions. But I guess you got to shift because you didn't make any sense at all.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go take a look see at what the Rams were doing for the last six seasons prior to this bad one. And then try to compare the Cowboys favorably to them. I already posted all of it but apparently people want to hang on to the thought that the owner/GM of our team makes any sense at all.

So the Rams had a sucky season after years of excellence. The Cowboys have had plenty of sucky seasons and the most they can brag about is finally making the playoffs for 2 years in a row
Not bragging about anything.
All I stated was look at the Rams now, and where they may be the next 3 to 8 years. As that was what the OP was saying, how many past SB's teams didn't do much after they were there.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Not bragging about anything.
All I stated was look at the Rams now, and where they may be the next 3 to 8 years. As that was what the OP was saying, how many past SB's teams didn't do much after they were there.
And he was and is completely wrong. You're using the Rams as an example when there's only one year sample size. And they themselves had a run of Excellence after their prior Super Bowl appearance. The original post was asinine and it's not supported by facts. Of course there are outlier teams that struggle after a Super Bowl season but that is the exception not the rule. And they certainly don't disappear for 10 years as the asinine original post maintained.

I got it the Cowboys finally put together two winning seasons before they crapped them yet again. So people want to act like we have some high standard of excellence under this idiot owner

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This philosophy is how I stay married. Give her just enough to provide the hope that someday I may actually remodel the kitchen.
You can usually buy an extra year or two by taking some tape measurements, writing down fake notes on those measurements, and organizing the tool box like you are just itching to get started.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's great to compete but what's the purpose of playing every week? To get to the dang SB!

After 28 years it's time to pull out all the stops!

I found myself this season asking more this than ever before - "What the hell are we doing ?"
Not possible. Pulling out all the stops means Jerry not being GM. It means not taking projects and injured dudes in the 2nd. It means accurate player evaluations.

kskboys

Reaction score
You can usually buy an extra year or two by taking some tape measurements, writing down fake notes on those measurements, and organizing the tool box like you are just itching to get started.
Let her overhear a conversation w/ one of your buds about how you're going to go about the remodel. Maybe buy some boxes of screws.

Nav22

Reaction score
The 49ers....who have had more success the last few years than Dallas has had in nearly 30 years???? LOL, okay.
You're not a winner. You're MISERABLE.

Why would I care what you think about anything?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
Should I stop visiting the site and giving it traffic?

Would the owners of this prefer me to just stop visiting and engaging and giving them my traffic?
Do whatever makes you happy. That's the point.

You've clearly made the choice to wallow in your own misery.

"WAAAAH! Consecutive 12-win seasons BUT WE SUCK!!!"

Winners in life don't think like you do. Positive, happy, optimistic people don't think like you do.

I enjoyed the hell out of that Tampa Bay win... you didn't. Sucks to be you!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Do whatever makes you happy. That's the point.

You've clearly made the choice to wallow in your own misery.

"WAAAAH! Consecutive 12-win seasons BUT WE SUCK!!!"

Winners in life don't think like you do. Positive, happy, optimistic people don't think like you do.

I enjoyed the hell out of that Tampa Bay win... you didn't. Sucks to be you!
It's funny that you say that, because if "winners" in life are happy getting within 3 wins of a championship then I wouldn't want you anywhere near my team.

I'm not about those participation trophies, but by all means, enjoy that Wild Card parade with the other 4 or 5 fans there.

"Winners" don't celebrate losers.

Nav22

Reaction score
It's funny that you say that, because if "winners" in life are happy getting within 3 wins of a championship then I wouldn't want you anywhere near my team.

I'm not about those participation trophies, but by all means, enjoy that Wild Card parade with the other 4 or 5 fans there.

"Winners" don't celebrate losers.
I don't work for the Cowboys and neither do you. I'll be happy as hell if I see them win another ring, but my life and well-being doesn't depend on that.

It's sad that you're SO invested to the point where you can't even enjoy the wins along the way. Like the franchise's first playoff road win in 30 years that sent Tom Brady packing. You couldn't even enjoy THAT before the 49ers game started!

What will you do if the Cowboys ever win it all? Go back in time to enjoy the journey along the way?

I feel sorry for people like you. So glad I can't relate.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't work for the Cowboys and neither do you. I'll be happy as hell if I see them win another ring, but my life and well-being doesn't depend on that.

It's sad that you're SO invested to the point where you can't even enjoy the wins along the way. Like the franchise's first playoff road win in 30 years that sent Tom Brady packing. You couldn't even enjoy THAT before the 49ers game started!

What will you do if the Cowboys ever win it all? Go back in time to enjoy the journey along the way?

I feel sorry for people like you. So glad I can't relate.
You're more invested in my thoughts and opinions on the Cowboys than I am in the Cowboys.

Thanks for feeling sorry for ME though.

Nav22

Reaction score
You're more invested in my thoughts and opinions on the Cowboys than I am in the Cowboys.

Thanks for feeling sorry for ME though.
LOL, sure dude. You spend every day of your life on a message board of your "favorite team" to spread your woe-is-us negativity around. I'm sorry that not everybody is as big a sad-sack as you are.

What kind of existence is that?

Being a fan of a team that you DESPISE. Being so invested in something that brings you such pain, but that you also can't do ANYTHING about.

That's loser business, and I can't relate.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you around daily the way you post your Charlie Brown energy daily. You're just some dude on a message board to me. Maybe you wish SOMEONE cared about you that much?