What the heck are we on offense?

Aven8

Reaction score
I have no clue. I see no direction or consistency. We come out running the ball in single back set and tight, and then go to 5 wide spread. We barely run Zeke, and Zeke looks weird. All of it does. The Oline can't block. The WR's can't catch. And the QB can't do anything. We're a mess offensively!

kevm3

Reaction score
We had one formula for winning which was have a super dominant o line and a running game that goes crazy. Once that formula goes out the window, you have an offense that largely looks like what was trot out by Weeden, Cassell, Sanchez and Moore. This isn't an offense that schemes. It's one that requires you to have elite talent to beat up the opposing team. When that talent isn't there... it looks like this year.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The line and lack of a passing threat have eaten away at our once-great run game.

Dak has proven efficient when given a great line and running game — neither of which he currently has. He has shown incompetent when missing either or both.

Our once mighty offensive line is missing it’s centerpiece — and the almighty LT looks to be on the decline as well.

To boot, we have possibly the worst TE/WR tandem in the league.

It’s a hot mess, honestly.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
We had one formula for winning which was have a super dominant o line and a running game that goes crazy. Once that formula goes out the window, you have an offense that largely looks like what was trot out by Weeden, Cassell, Sanchez and Moore. This isn't an offense that schemes. It's one that requires you to have elite talent to beat up the opposing team. When that talent isn't there... it looks like this year.
This is it.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Horrible.

Dak has regressed enormously. He looks incapable of making any pre-snap reads or audibles and looks absolutely terrified to let go of the ball. He'll hang onto it for 4-5 seconds and take a sack rather than take any kind of risk with a throw. You can almost see the gears in his head turning. "Deep? Not gonna happen. Outside? Not gonna happen. 4 yards to Swaim and maybe I won't turn the ball over..."

ShortRound

Reaction score
ok so our o-line isn't what we planned for, don't we then have to plan and scheme for that?
Shouldn't the coaches see this and say, ok this is what we got, how do we win?
It looks like they've given up, they have no Plan B.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
giphy.gif

This is effectively what Dak does once he realizes his initial quick read is covered or feels even the slightest hint of pressure...

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I never had a clue, even with Romo here .

I could see Romo scramble and wait until the players broke their routes, because the playbook is trash, the playcalling is trash, the x's and o's are trash ...

Garrett is definite Garbage .

Romo recently said: 'Garrett isn't an x's and o's guy'
& he is talking about the inept clown who drew this current cowboys playbook !

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It ought to be clear to everyone by now that Travis Frederick is the keystone in this O-line. He's going to get well and be back so just go ahead and give the man a raise because his absence has made one thing crystal clear. This offense is dysfunctional without him.