What the heck are we on offense?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
What the heck are we on offense?

End of game today they rank 31st in offensive yards per game and I believe this 10 of the last 12 games they passed for under 200 yards. Corral Zeke and you coral the offense, wasnt hard to figure before the season, even more obvious now.
The GIANT Elephant in the room is that Dak sucks as a QB. Everyone afraid to call a spade a spade. Dak is the problem. Fix that you fix this offense.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Dak was asked about it after the game and he said that’s just a area of the field they don’t attack.
Next question should have been Why Dak? Is it because you are so inaccurate the team has no confidence in opening up the playbook to you? If Linehan is limiting him for some bizare reason then he needs to be fired ASAP. If it is Dak, he needs to be benched.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
no other team in the league collapses due to the center position being off. If this is true it demonstrates just how bad Dak is at QB. Wow.
Now that's a reach. Lots of teams go to pot when their all-pro C is out. It's just about how dependent the O-line is on that one guy. It says nothing about Dak except he's not good when the O-line doesn't protect him.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Now that's a reach. Lots of teams go to pot when their all-pro C is out. It's just about how dependent the O-line is on that one guy. It says nothing about Dak except he's not good when the O-line doesn't protect him.
Losing Frederick hurts no doubt. But trust me, no center is the "glue" to your offense. If you think this you simply do not know enough about football.

Also Joe Looney played well today. I don't recall a single time his man sacked Dak. Tyron Smith however played like caca. So did Zach Martin. His man hit Dak several times. Collins allowed several hits also.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
And the worst part about it is we will line up next week and try the same thing all over again.

People on here laughed at me in the preseason when I suggested that this coaching staff was coaching the QBs to take the shorter, safer throws.

If you look at Dak and Cooper they were flinging the ball quite a bit more in their first preseason games compared to this season.

When Cooper was getting blitzed last preseason he did a good job of finding Brown down the sidelines, this year he seems hesitant was checking it done left and right.

Dak was throwing deeper back shoulder passes to Dez etc... Now suddenly everything is a 10 yard pass or check down, something changed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Losing Frederick hurts no doubt. But trust me, no center is the "glue" to your offense. If you think this you simply do not know enough about football.

Also Joe Looney played well today. I don't recall a single time his man sacked Dak. Tyron Smith however played like caca. So did Zach Martin. His man hit Dak several times. Collins allowed several hits also.
There is an intrinsic difference to this O-line when Travis plays. How do you not see that? Open your eyes!

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
There is an intrinsic difference to this O-line when Travis plays. How do you not see that? Open your eyes!
I agree with you. Travis is better than Looney. He is or was the best center or #2. However Looney has been playing well. He would start for many teams.

But the lack of Frederick is not the one piece that got pulled that led to the collapse. Dak not converting on 3rd downs is. He is not getting it done for a variety of reasons. He might be the worst QB in the NFL. At his best he is around 15th best. He is not at his best so something is wrong.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garrett nor Linehan nor Kellen take the blame or accountability, so to answer this question we should as Zeke, who takes the blame for all the Offense.

Of all the 22 players, he is to blame.

He might have an idea and accountability to what the heck we are at offense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no clue. I see no direction or consistency. We come out running the ball in single back set and tight, and then go to 5 wide spread. We barely run Zeke, and Zeke looks weird. All of it does. The Oline can't block. The WR's can't catch. And the QB can't do anything. We're a mess offensively!

maxresdefault.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree with you. Travis is better than Looney. He is or was the best center or #2. However Looney has been playing well. He would start for many teams.

But the lack of Frederick is not the one piece that got pulled that led to the collapse. Dak not converting on 3rd downs is. He is not getting it done for a variety of reasons. He might be the worst QB in the NFL. At his best he is around 15th best. He is not at his best so something is wrong.
Dak would be doing better with Travis holding the O-line together.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Dak is so much more accurate outside of the pocket (at least to the eye test). It's clear that he's much more comfortable outside of the pocket than in it, but the coaching staff refuses to utilize PA bootlegs, sprint outs, designed runs (other than at the goal line), or sprint out options. Those would help dak so much but idiot garret and idiot Linehan have him running the same scheme (more or less) as Romo who was an excellent pocket passer. They haven't adapted. Dak will never be a pure pocket passer that you generally need to win a SB, but since we're stuck with dak for now (hopefully not past this season) at least design an offense around his skill set.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Are people so blind as to not see the glaring problem here? If you plugged these stats into Kellen Moore people would be calling for his head. Since it is Dak, somehow it is OK? Is this a racial thing? Because besides that I literally cannot understand why Dak is getting a pass.

The dude is hot garbage as a QB. Give me Quincy Carter over Dak. I would take Tebow over Dak. Is there a QB playing now who is worse than Dak? I cannot think of one. Rookie QB's are out balling him. Any QB who cannot attempt a 15 yard pass or more in an entire game needs to not be a QB. If he cannot throw the ball beyond 15 yards something is mentally wrong with him. He needs to be sat down so he can learn. Cooper is not the answer but he sure can come in and throw 168 yards with 2 picks and a TD.

Dak is not NFL ready now.
There's only a small contingent of peeps giving him a pass. It gets smaller every Sunday

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
we are a preseason team, testing out our backup QB in regular games.

Last edited: