What the heck are we on offense?

waving monkey

Reaction score
It ought to be clear to everyone by now that Travis Frederick is the keystone in this O-line. He's going to get well and be back so just go ahead and give the man a raise because his absence has made one thing crystal clear. This offense is dysfunctional without him.
Im not buying it. Other teams lose key players and it actually is" next man up"

stinkface

Reaction score
The offense is in total disarray and quite frankly, is boring as hell to watch. It’s time.

I certainly agree this team is absolutely boring to watch. My son (die hard Cowboys fan) said its the most predictable offense in the league. Has been for a couple years. Bottom line is if you have marginal talent you need better schemes to offset that lack of talent. Apparently that's an alien concept. Bottom line is good coaching can offset a lot. We don't have good coaching on the offensive side of the ball. Proof is in the pudding and our pudding is rancid right now.

Brax

Reaction score
Horrible.

Dak has regressed enormously. He looks incapable of making any pre-snap reads or audibles and looks absolutely terrified to let go of the ball. He'll hang onto it for 4-5 seconds and take a sack rather than take any kind of risk with a throw. You can almost see the gears in his head turning. "Deep? Not gonna happen. Outside? Not gonna happen. 4 yards to Swaim and maybe I won't turn the ball over..."
You are right on, hate to say it, he is one season wonder, guy can not throw accurately with any constancy, dink and dunk, way too slow to get rid of it, I think Quincey was better. Stack Dak up with the other low end failure starting QB's JJ brought in on the cheap after Aikman. At some point he will have a 200 yard game and we will hear how great he is again. One or 2 more losses and either he or JG has got to go.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I have no clue. I see no direction or consistency. We come out running the ball in single back set and tight, and then go to 5 wide spread. We barely run Zeke, and Zeke looks weird. All of it does. The Oline can't block. The WR's can't catch. And the QB can't do anything. We're a mess offensively!

We are that mess of which you speak. 3 turnovers, 5 QB sacks, tons of pressure with a collapsing pocket, Tyron is not playing well, Prescott is all over the yard with his throws, Williams is getting pushed around, Fred won't be back for awhile if at all this year. Dismal offensive showing. Defense? Time outs had to be called and wasted because we were substituting players in and Seattle was going hurry up. Does anyone think that wasn't noticed by the rest of the league? I don't care squat whether we go after ET, that ain't changing nothing about this offense and the offense is where the problem lies. Difficult to believe that there is a formula to change it either

jrumann59

Reaction score
It is an offense that runs very short and short routes that has QB that is scared to even throw those and throws to the 2 yard checkdown. So basically it is a running offense with really long hand offs they want to call a passing game.

wormser

Reaction score
How many plays did they run the option yesterday? I don't remember seeing it. Against the Gmen it was run with great results and this week we threw it in the garbage? Maybe they ran it more than I think as I was having a hard time paying attention to the garbage.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I have no clue. I see no direction or consistency. We come out running the ball in single back set and tight, and then go to 5 wide spread. We barely run Zeke, and Zeke looks weird. All of it does. The Oline can't block. The WR's can't catch. And the QB can't do anything. We're a mess offensively!

Zeke has more rushing yards than Todd Gurley, and with fewer carries.

That should help zero in on the root of the problem.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You can say that again, and again, doesn't seem like any one is paying attention though. Feels like Jeff Fisher 2.0 with JG.

How would Zeke Elliott remaining in bounds affect that? ;)

Austin had one of the three mentioned...lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Zeke has more rushing yards than Todd Gurley, and with fewer carries.

That should help zero in on the root of the problem.

You claiming here that his running is yet a dominant feature for the offense?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You claiming here that his running is yet a dominant feature for the offense?

I'm claiming Zeke has more rushing yards, on fewer carries, than Todd Gurley, Kareem Hunt, Adrian Peterson, and Jordan Howard, in spite of the Cowboys garbage passing game.

What you choose to read into it doesn't matter.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm claiming Zeke has more rushing yards, on fewer carries, than Todd Gurley, Kareem Hunt, Adrian Peterson, and Jordan Howard, in spite of the Cowboys garbage passing game.

What you choose to read into it doesn't matter.

A question was asked...now run along and play with yourself.

Or own up to a discussion...

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
The issue is first and foremost Dak. He is incapable of running this offense at a high level. Plays have to be dummed down in order to be "Dak friendly". He is not able to beat any team. He is capable of bus driving which is all he has ever done. When games are placed on him this is the result.

The fact that people have already found his scapegoat in Frederick is lame as can be. The FO will work that excuse for all its worth also.

Time to wake up fans. The Dak Attack is anemic and toothless.

Dwight

Reaction score
We're under manned.

If you look at our offense on the field and think it should be productive you're pretty much a delusional fan. A bad QB with bad WRs and a bad TE produces a bad offense.

Got to give you credit. You called out Dak during his first year.

Good observation as usual.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The coaching staff needs to create more plays in the running game. Cowboys got a RB, a speedster, and a QB that has the athleticism to create plays but the Cowboys seem to struggle doing something that actually work. Zeke has to get more carries and Dak needs to scramble more so these WRs can actually do something down the field.