What the heck are we on offense?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Well,that’s the million dollar question. You’re seeing some pretty unhappy players and staff in these pressers. Cracks are showing,and if this doesn’t get resolved ASAP? They’ll implode soon. I don’t see this working out myself,not like this anyways. I’m also not sure why Austin isn’t being pushed down the field more? Like what the heck more do they need to see? He’s the only player showing he can make plays deep,and yet they keep playing this dink and dunk stuff. Did they take any shots down the field deep? I’m not going to help out the defenses coverage that way. I’m going to attack them with that dude and make the DBs work. If they can beat it fine,but I’ll make them earn their money on that field chasing him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You can say that again, and again, doesn't seem like any one is paying attention though. Feels like Jeff Fisher 2.0 with JG.

Dak was asked about it after the game and he said that’s just a area of the field they don’t attack.

RS12

Reaction score

End of game today they rank 31st in offensive yards per game and I believe this 10 of the last 12 games they passed for under 200 yards. Corral Zeke and you coral the offense, wasnt hard to figure before the season, even more obvious now.

Ky31

Reaction score
We are less than average, less than optimal. We are losers, we are the Dallas Cowboys!!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
They want Dak to be a pocket passer. He's not and that's where it all fails. Let him run the ball and call more designed QB runs. Dak averaged 10 rushes per game in college and in the NFL, he's averaging barely 3 runs a game. You have to let him establish himself with his feet early because that will get him comfortable and settled in. It will also help the OL out when the QB can get positive yards

They are scared of him getting hurt but the alternative is to let him continue to struggle in the pocket and take many hits anyway

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

End of game today they rank 31st in offensive yards per game and I believe this 10 of the last 12 games they passed for under 200 yards. Corral Zeke and you coral the offense, wasnt hard to figure before the season, even more obvious now.

And the worst part about it is we will line up next week and try the same thing all over again.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I thought it was funny when Aikman brought up how we have 7 WRs on the roster for a team that’s “run first”

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I have no clue. I see no direction or consistency. We come out running the ball in single back set and tight, and then go to 5 wide spread. We barely run Zeke, and Zeke looks weird. All of it does. The Oline can't block. The WR's can't catch. And the QB can't do anything. We're a mess offensively!
I'm not understanding why we're not using Zeke and our O-Line early in games, 1st/2nd quarters to wear down the opposing defensive lines. This would make it easier to pass protect later in the game. I'm definitely questioning the game plans our coaching has been rolling out.
:huh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have no clue. I see no direction or consistency. We come out running the ball in single back set and tight, and then go to 5 wide spread. We barely run Zeke, and Zeke looks weird. All of it does. The Oline can't block. The WR's can't catch. And the QB can't do anything. We're a mess offensively!

Ha...that's an easy one: U-n-p-r-o-d-u-c-t-I-v-e!

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
You can say that again, and again, doesn't seem like any one is paying attention though. Feels like Jeff Fisher 2.0 with JG.

Are people so blind as to not see the glaring problem here? If you plugged these stats into Kellen Moore people would be calling for his head. Since it is Dak, somehow it is OK? Is this a racial thing? Because besides that I literally cannot understand why Dak is getting a pass.

The dude is hot garbage as a QB. Give me Quincy Carter over Dak. I would take Tebow over Dak. Is there a QB playing now who is worse than Dak? I cannot think of one. Rookie QB's are out balling him. Any QB who cannot attempt a 15 yard pass or more in an entire game needs to not be a QB. If he cannot throw the ball beyond 15 yards something is mentally wrong with him. He needs to be sat down so he can learn. Cooper is not the answer but he sure can come in and throw 168 yards with 2 picks and a TD.

Dak is not NFL ready now.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
It ought to be clear to everyone by now that Travis Frederick is the keystone in this O-line. He's going to get well and be back so just go ahead and give the man a raise because his absence has made one thing crystal clear. This offense is dysfunctional without him.
no other team in the league collapses due to the center position being off. If this is true it demonstrates just how bad Dak is at QB. Wow.