What the max are you willing to pay Tyron Smith to keep him from walking?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Spotrac has a value of $7.4M. That's too low IMO.......I'm guessing $10M but I'm curious what is his ceiling for Stephen and Jerry. I know money hasn't been a big issue with him but if the Commanders or Chiefs offer $12-14M should we match it? BTW.......the franchise tag for T is over $19M.

Thoughts

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tyron-smith-7724/market-value/

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$7.4M is about right. He has made a ton of cash the last couple of years playing part time.

If some team offers him $12-14M then let him walk. Take the comp pick and call it a day. For crying out loud don't match it!

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
$7.4M is about right. He has made a ton of cash the last couple of years playing part time.

If some team offers him $12-14M then let him walk. Take the comp pick and call it a day. For crying out loud don't match it!
I agree 7-10M depending on an incentive laden contract and I do not think he wants to move or play for another team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He can get at least 12 million for one year.
EASY...............................
Honestly, I think so too......maybe 2 years. I think he could very well have multiple offers if he hit the open market. Starting LT and QBs who can still play at a high level rarely hit the open market.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The thought of locking him in for another 2 years at LT is so depressing. Excited for another epic end of season collapse with our "hall of famers" leading the charge.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

he's made a ton of cash, by what definition? If anything he could/should have made more, the deal he took was the deal of the century!! lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The thought of locking him in for another 2 years at LT is so depressing. Excited for another epic end of season collapse with our "hall of famers" leading the charge.
You're so negative, I don't even see why you come on here, you come on here and don't even mention that he's going to be in the BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE, only to have some injury in week 3 lol that causes him to miss 3 games, then his back will go out

Kwyn

Reaction score
I'd pay him half of the 7.4 since he misses about half of the games each year. Make the rest of the contract incentive based on the number of games he plays.
He doesn’t miss half the game. Last year he played in 14 games, one less than Tyler Smith.

His last deal was largely incentive based.

Your entire comment is just wrong.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You're so negative, I don't even see why you come on here, you come on here and don't even mention that he's going to be in the BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE, only to have some injury in week 3 lol that causes him to miss 3 games, then his back will go out
Guilty as charged.

Big_D

Reaction score
On one hand I’d rather see Tyler at LT. Keeping him at guard another year is stupid.

On the other hand it creates a second hole on the line which most likely will be a problem!

On the 3rd hand lol I think they got lucky with Tyron injury wise and it’s a bigger gamble to think that will happen again.

I think they should move on at this point. It will be cheaper to find a free agent guard, than an aging oft injured LT. Time to let a once great player ride off into the sunset!