What the max are you willing to pay Tyron Smith to keep him from walking?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
On one hand I’d rather see Tyler at LT. Keeping him at guard another year is stupid.

On the other hand it creates a second hole on the line which most likely will be a problem!

On the 3rd hand lol I think they got lucky with Tyron injury wise and it’s a bigger gamble to think that will happen again.

I think they should move on at this point. It will be cheaper to find a free agent guard, than an aging oft injured LT. Time to let a once great player ride off into the sunset!
That's the emotional ties we have to these players!! Crawford was the same way, let him keep playing elsewhere, let him sign a one day contract to retire as a cowboy

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He doesn’t miss half the game. Last year he played in 14 games, one less than Tyler Smith.

His last deal was largely incentive based.

Your entire comment is just wrong.
All boils down to the fact that we know he's going to miss games, it's just WHEN

Big_D

Reaction score
That's the emotional ties we have to these players!! Crawford was the same way, let him keep playing elsewhere, let him sign a one day contract to retire as a cowboy
They can’t seem to make the tough decisions and it’s been a problem for a long time. This is a team that tries to keep everyone way past their expiration.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They can’t seem to make the tough decisions and it’s been a problem for a long time. This is a team that tries to keep everyone way past their expiration.
I'll never get it, time to move on

exciter

Reaction score
I'd pay him half of the 7.4 since he misses about half of the games each year. Make the rest of the contract incentive based on the number of games he plays.
Lol!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Spotrac has a value of $7.4M. That's too low IMO.......I'm guessing $10M but I'm curious what is his ceiling for Stephen and Jerry. I know money hasn't been a big issue with him but if the Commanders or Chiefs offer $12-14M should we match it? BTW.......the franchise tag for T is over $19M.

Thoughts

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tyron-smith-7724/market-value/
I dont see anyway he gets under 15 million a year. LT's are a premium and he is still very good when healthy. Some team that needs an LT will pay him over 15 a year

Id just move on period. Draft one at 24, or move Tyler there permanently

Hardline

Reaction score
The fact that he even wants to play here at any price is stupid.
Go sign with a Super Bowl contender. You ain't sniffing a Lombardi here.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Crawford wasn't making 2nd team all pro on an incentive-based deal though, If Tyron wants that same contract I'm sure they bring him back
The fact that he even wants to play here at any price is stupid.
Go sign with a Super Bowl contender. You ain't sniffing a Lombardi here.
Yeah, if I'm Patrick Mahomes and trying to 3 peat I'm restructuring my deal to allow players like Tyron to come over.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Carson

Reaction score
Career earnings $119,097,504.

Don’t think he runs to get $10 million over something like $6-$8 per here

bewp7

Reaction score
$0

cowboys need to move on

he is always hurt and messing up continuty and chemistry of the line…..serios he is ALWAYS hurt

it is time to move on

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I probably don't and it has little to do with him. I'd rather keep tyron and let steel go but that doesn't help cap wise.

They drafted a tackle in round 1 but he plays guard at a high level. They need to decide if they would rather play a young guy at LT or move Tyler to LT and play a young guard. They had some young backups come in and do fine. Upgrading the center will help and that is where the next OL investment should be. If a strong run blocking RG is also available in the draft they need to highly consider taking him to possibly replace martin and not have to pay another high salary after 2025.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I dont see anyway he gets under 15 million a year. LT's are a premium and he is still very good when healthy. Some team that needs an LT will pay him over 15 a year

Id just move on period. Draft one at 24, or move Tyler there permanently
I agree.......as stated in another thread. He is likely going to be way more valuable to another team than the Cowboys. There is a very good chance we can find his replacement with 24 and save.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I probably don't and it has little to do with him. I'd rather keep tyron and let steel go but that doesn't help cap wise.

They drafted a tackle in round 1 but he plays guard at a high level. They need to decide if they would rather play a young guy at LT or move Tyler to LT and play a young guard. They had some young backups come in and do fine. Upgrading the center will help and that is where the next OL investment should be. If a strong run blocking RG is also available in the draft they need to highly consider taking him to possibly replace martin and not have to pay another high salary after 2025.
Tyler completed the season as PFF highest graded LG in the league and made ALL-Pro. In other words, he's probably staying at LG. We need to draft a LT.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tyler completed the season as PFF highest graded LG in the league and made ALL-Pro. In other words, he's probably staying at LG. We need to draft a LT.
They drafted him to be tyron's replacement, his agent expects them to pay him as a tackle. If a tackle falls in the draft i'd probably take him but i'd rather take a center, kick tyler to LT and see how he does before you have to pay him, and let richards at LG now bass at RG next year, sign an inexpensive vet for backup. they are going to have to decide who they will pay and who to let walk.

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
Start at 6-7 with incentives for games played. 400k per. Something like that. If he plays them all, Then 13-14 is fine by me. At least we’re protected if he misses a bunch.