What the max are you willing to pay Tyron Smith to keep him from walking?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's might be thet it’s not just about millions at this point, it could be about where they live, the community, etc. Guys that get to tyrons spot in the NFL typically have made more than enough to be able to prioritize other things should they desire.
Not realistic.

Money talks.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That 7.4 figure sounds about right. I don’t think that’s a bad deal for 77 on the downside of his career. He had a really good bounce back year this year.

Jipper

Reaction score
Not realistic.

Money talks.
Dumb comment, plenty of players in tjis point in their career have taken less to stay in the town they are in for whatever reason outside of making more money. Again, at his point in his career he has already shown money isn't the only deciding factor for him with the flexibility he's given to dallas.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dumb comment, plenty of players in tjis point in their career have taken less to stay in the town they are in for whatever reason outside of making more money. Again, at his point in his career he has already shown money isn't the only deciding factor for him with the flexibility he's given to dallas.
Dude…no way someone is gonna pay me less to do my job.

You watch how many players in UFA take millions of less $$$$ to stay anywhere.

The tag on Tyron would be 29.x million.

Fans on here throwing out 5-7 million per.

Jipper

Reaction score
Dude…no way someone is gonna pay me less to do my job.

You watch how many players in UFA take millions of less $$$$ to stay anywhere.

The tag on Tyron would be 29.x million.

Fans on here throwing out 5-7 million per.
He's not getting anywhere near the tag and he's not worth that, he wouldn't even say that.

And you can say YOU wouldn't take less to do your job but it happens all the time - I have seen it nore times than I can count in corporate America where people will take less money to move to a different company to stay local- happens all the time and if you think it doesn't then you are kidding yourself- maybe that's not something you would do but money is not always the most important thing to someone

Jumbo075

Reaction score

conner01

Reaction score
Spotrac has a value of $7.4M. That's too low IMO.......I'm guessing $10M but I'm curious what is his ceiling for Stephen and Jerry. I know money hasn't been a big issue with him but if the Commanders or Chiefs offer $12-14M should we match it? BTW.......the franchise tag for T is over $19M.

Thoughts

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tyron-smith-7724/market-value/
Basically like last year. The more he plays the more he makes. Starting around that 7 and going up to around 10 based on the games he’s able to play

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has always been fair in his demands ........ not worried about what he wants ........ sign him.

rambo2

Reaction score
A good chance that he signs a team friendly deal to stay with the Cowboys.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Crawford wasn't making 2nd team all pro on an incentive-based deal though, If Tyron wants that same contract I'm sure they bring him back

Yeah, if I'm Patrick Mahomes and trying to 3 peat I'm restructuring my deal to allow players like Tyron to come over.
Tyron would probably play for $5M on the Chiefs.