What the max are you willing to pay Tyron Smith to keep him from walking?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Spotrac has a value of $7.4M. That's too low IMO.......I'm guessing $10M but I'm curious what is his ceiling for Stephen and Jerry. I know money hasn't been a big issue with him but if the Commanders or Chiefs offer $12-14M should we match it? BTW.......the franchise tag for T is over $19M.

Thoughts

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tyron-smith-7724/market-value/
Well since we like our guys we will over pay for what has become a part time player.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am so sick of these "hall of famers" that never accomplish anything. I am ready for something new.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Tyron gone.

We can’t match.

Our cap is jacked.

Biadasz likely gone too.

So is Hankins.

Jarntt

Reaction score
If he takes a low base salary with a high games played incentive type deal I absolutely re-sign him. he proved he can still play

Havic

Reaction score
Tbh I think Tyron would rather retire than play for another team, he loves Dallas

Robster8989

Reaction score
I'd pay him half of the 7.4 since he misses about half of the games each year. Make the rest of the contract incentive based on the number of games he plays.
That's a ridiculous thing to say.
Tyron is still one of the top rated LTs in the game.
Yes, he does miss time, but that is figured into his projected compensation.
Tunsil, Williams etc all make well into the 20s.
We had Tyron for 13 ourt of 17 games last year.
7 to 10 is a huge bargain for him.
I'd still draft OL in Round 1, AND sign Tyron.

Motorola

Reaction score
Tyron gone.

We can’t match.

Our cap is jacked.

Biadasz likely gone too.

So is Hankins.
At this point man, I think you just copy and paste this everyday :laugh:
He did the same thing when the Cowboys traded for Lance just before the season started---
'Dak a June 1st cut - - #Lance'
Posted it numerous times on every thread about Lance or Prescott ...from 2023 Week 1 thru 18.

montgod

Reaction score
Tbh I think Tyron would rather retire than play for another team, he loves Dallas
Kind of how I feel as well. I'm sure his home life with one or two years away from retiring, would be better off staying in Dallas for a year or two vs going elsewhere.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Tyler completed the season as PFF highest graded LG in the league and made ALL-Pro. In other words, he's probably staying at LG. We need to draft a LT.
I've been under the impression Tyler was drafted as an eventual LT, I think many others thought the same. I get it that he's been an excellent LG but I have a problem with using a 1st round pick on a guard. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm disagreeing with the FO.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
bout-treefiddy-lol.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is coming off his best season in years and he’s still got a few good years left. We will be outbid. I have no doubt about it. Anything under 10M is laughable. It would not shock me at all if he ends up with 3 year deal for 45M somewhere. He plays a coveted position and teams are now flush with 30M of extra cash to spend.

Creeper

Reaction score
That can pay him $7 million in salary and give him a weekly per game bonus. The more he plays, the more he makes. If he plays he is worth close to a top OT salary. If he is hurt or doesn't play, he is worth nothing.

Lots of team give contracts out that allows a player to make more than the core number if they play more or play better. Dallas can work something out for him like that.

cowboyed

Reaction score
As often as Tyron readily gets injured he keeps himself from walking. So no excessive compensation is necessary.