What to do at the trade deadline?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just watching Jahmyr Gibbs light up the Raiders has me wishing for a franchise RB. A guy with speed, wiggle and some power. Pollard has some power and 90% of his speed back. But he lacks wiggle, never really jukes anybody and always looks like he is ready to fall down. He's just not a natural, smooth looking runner.

I think you meant to say Zeke.

Pollard is as smooth and natural as it gets.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pollard is a great change of pace back. He's not a lead back. He's James White.

Bagman

Reaction score
I think you meant to say Zeke.

Pollard is as smooth and natural as it gets.
You got me there. Lol. Zeke was a real dump truck. But there's something missing with Pollard. Maybe it's McCarthy's play designs, but Pollard doesn't get the ball in space enough.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Too many running plays are getting stuffed. I am not sure if it's a RB problem or an OL problem or both, but something is not right with the running game.
The problem is the front office that thought that they could take a guy who was really a change of pace back and somehow magically he would transform into a guy who could run the ball with increased carries.

loublue22

Reaction score
Pollard is a 3rd down/change of pace back and was being used exactly right before this year. I watch other teams and see fast, explosive powerful runners, don't know why we couldn't find one.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You got me there. Lol. Zeke was a real dump truck. But there's something missing with Pollard. Maybe it's McCarthy's play designs, but Pollard doesn't get the ball in space enough.
Go back 2 decades and we seem to really suck at running screen plays for some reason.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Chris Simms said our blocking schemes were trash and a lot of times we just don’t have the numbers.

3 blockers against 4 defenders type stuff.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Davonte Adams anyone? I think he's fed up with the Raiders. He looks like he can't take the Raiders anymore. I don't think he'd cost a first. I could see Gallup and maybe a mid round pick being enough to bring him in. That gives us Lamb, Adams, and Cooks as a trio at WR. I think he'd be thrilled to be here. Plus, Davis owes Jerry for making the Vegas move happen. Oh, and Adams knows McCarthy's system. So, there wouldn't be much of a learning curve needed for him, and he'd make us so deadly at WR.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Davonte Adams anyone? I think he's fed up with the Raiders. He looks like he can't take the Raiders anymore. I don't think he'd cost a first. I could see Gallup and maybe a mid round pick being enough to bring him in. That gives us Lamb, Adams, and Cooks as a trio at WR. I think he'd be thrilled to be here. Plus, Davis owes Jerry for making the Vegas move happen. Oh, and Adams knows McCarthy's system. So, there wouldn't be much of a learning curve needed for him, and he'd make us so deadly at WR.
He will definitely cost a first at least. Would be worth it IMO.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Remember he only went to the Raiders to play with his best friend Carr. Who is now a Saint. I'd want out!!!

Exactly, and that helmet slam tells me everything i need to know how he feels about playing for the Raiders. I think a move to Dallas would be a move that he'd be thrilled about. I think he'd do backflips from Las Vegas to Dallas if he found out that he was coming to Dallas.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He will definitely cost a first at least. Would be worth it IMO.

I'm honestly not sure he'd cost a 1st. I could see Gallup and a 3rd being enough. Especially since it'd be almost a contract swap. Either way, the more weapons the better, and it'd be a WR who knows our offense.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Exactly, and that helmet slam tells me everything i need to know how he feels about playing for the Raiders. I think a move to Dallas would be a move that he'd be thrilled about. I think he'd do backflips from Las Vegas to Dallas if he found out that he was coming to Dallas.
He should have had two long TDs. Like 150 yards and two breakaway TDs. Letting that opportunity go for these guys is a huge kick in the nuts.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He should have had two long TDs. Like 150 yards and two breakaway TDs. Letting that opportunity go for these guys is a huge kick in the nuts.

Well, and being lured there for Carr, just to get stuck with Garropolo and McDaniels has to suck. He probably won't be able to go to the Jets, but maybe a move to Dallas to be reunited with McCarthy could be what he needs. Plus, it gives us another top WR. How do you make Lamb and Cooks deadlier? By adding another top WR like Adams.

Chasing6

Reaction score
-Run game still remains one of the team's biggest weakness. Is it more the running back or the line in front of him struggling?
-What about adding a difference making receiver or TE? Would that be a progress stopper for some of our younger prospects like Tolbert/Ferguson?
-How about adding another pass rusher? Already struggling giving snaps to our Edge players, are their any interior rushers available?
-Linebacker appears to be a need with Lve down, but they just signed Evans and already have breakout star Bell and Clark.
-How about the secondary? Makes no sense to move Bland back to nickel as he is playing well on the outside, can they upgrade Lewis?

Cross off the likes of Devante Adams and Aaron Donald, they make far too much money. It appears the Titans are trying to get higher compensation for Henry and they probably won't trade him unless they get a good package. Where does that leave the Cowboys?
Need OLine depth. It all starts in the trenches and we can't stay healthy. Hope is not a strategy.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure he'd cost a 1st. I could see Gallup and a 3rd being enough. Especially since it'd be almost a contract swap. Either way, the more weapons the better, and it'd be a WR who knows our offense.
No way it is happening but I will trade Gallup and a 1st and 5th for Adams and Jacobs.