What to do with LVE?

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm moving on, LVE him get to FA, One man's trash is another man's treasure.

- Hoping he gets an overpaid fat contract elsewhere, and then we could get a reasonable compensatory draft pick because of it.
He's not gonna be any better than what he is now.

- Finally a healthy 16 game year, he still proved no more than just decent- serviceable. i want more presence and playmaking factor outta my other LB.
I'd like to find a dynamic off the ball LB to pair with Parsons.

- And it doesn't have to be a 1st round guy.
Look at Fred Warner (3rd) .... Sean Lee and Bobby Wagner (2nd rd) .. Lavonte Davis (2nd) .. Denzel Perryman (2nd rd) ....Demario Davis (3rd rd)...
Nick Bolton (2nd rd) .... KJ Wright (4th rd) ... Deion Jones (2nd rd)

- Here's hoping Jabril Cox returns to full health and previous playing form, and becomes an emerging off the ball LB for us, but i'm not waiting on him to see,
if there's a high regard off the ball LB available at our hands, i'm taking him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Is he going to be good after 3 more years when we can get a real QB and start taking things seriously?

If yes, then keep him around.

If no, then see ya.

This is how things should be looked at going forward. The moves we make from here on out should be for the Cowboys after Dak.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Played somewhat better this year, but the Front Office made the right call and dodged a major bullet not picking up the option on his contract for next year.

So we basically have 3 options:

1. Let him go in free agency.

2. Offer him a contact long term.

3. Offer him a one year prove it type deal.

I am leaning towards option # 3.

Maybe one year at 3M with incentives?

Curious what other here think ?

Money will be tight with the cap, so that's a factor to consider as well.

He played much, much better once our defensive starters returned. I would offer a Sean Lee special based on play time, but probably a short-term deal. We still are going to need a mike lb if they want to flex Parsons all over the field.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt my feelings to let LVE go. Question is, who is going to replace him? Don't know who will be available in FA. And I'm sure Stephen and Jerry will not pay a lot for one either. We can draft a LB, but, other than a Parsons type player, I can't see a rookie starting at LB.
We are gonna have a lot of holes to plug on this team
With all the free agents we got and tight cap.
Only so many starters can come from the draft.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He played much, much better once our defensive starters returned. I would offer a Sean Lee special based on play time, but probably a short-term deal. We still are going to need a mike lb if they want to flex Parsons all over the field.
Sounds feasible

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm moving on, LVE him get to FA, One man's trash is another man's treasure.

- Hoping he gets an overpaid fat contract elsewhere, and then we could get a reasonable compensatory draft pick because of it.
He's not gonna be any better than what he is now.

- Finally a healthy 16 game year, he still proved no more than just decent- serviceable. i want more presence and playmaking factor outta my other LB.
I'd like to find a dynamic off the ball LB to pair with Parsons.

- And it doesn't have to be a 1st round guy.
Look at Fred Warner (3rd) .... Sean Lee and Bobby Wagner (2nd rd) .. Lavonte Davis (2nd) .. Denzel Perryman (2nd rd) ....Demario Davis (3rd rd)...
Nick Bolton (2nd rd) .... KJ Wright (4th rd) ... Deion Jones (2nd rd)

- Here's hoping Jabril Cox returns to full health and previous playing form, and becomes an emerging off the ball LB for us, but i'm not waiting on him to see,
if there's a high regard off the ball LB available at our hands, i'm taking him.
We really need Cox to step up.
We have many players to replace this year.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
3, 1, then 2.

2 is only an option is he signs for chump change. He did appear to make plays as the season went on.

Remember when him and Jaylon looked to be an up and coming LB duo? Lol good times.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Played somewhat better this year, but the Front Office made the right call and dodged a major bullet not picking up the option on his contract for next year.

So we basically have 3 options:

1. Let him go in free agency.

2. Offer him a contact long term.

3. Offer him a one year prove it type deal.

I am leaning towards option # 3.

Maybe one year at 3M with incentives?

Curious what other here think ?

Money will be tight with the cap, so that's a factor to consider as well.
Let him go.