What to do with LVE?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Played somewhat better this year, but the Front Office made the right call and dodged a major bullet not picking up the option on his contract for next year.

So we basically have 3 options:

1. Let him go in free agency.

2. Offer him a contact long term.

3. Offer him a one year prove it type deal.

I am leaning towards option # 3.

Maybe one year at 3M with incentives?

Curious what other here think ?

Money will be tight with the cap, so that's a factor to consider as well.

he’s UFA.

he’s gone.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt my feelings to let LVE go. Question is, who is going to replace him? Don't know who will be available in FA. And I'm sure Stephen and Jerry will not pay a lot for one either. We can draft a LB, but, other than a Parsons type player, I can't see a rookie starting at LB.

we let him go when we didn’t take the 5th year option.

he’s UFA and played well.

he’s gone.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Played somewhat better this year, but the Front Office made the right call and dodged a major bullet not picking up the option on his contract for next year.

So we basically have 3 options:

1. Let him go in free agency.

2. Offer him a contact long term.

3. Offer him a one year prove it type deal.

I am leaning towards option # 3.

Maybe one year at 3M with incentives?

Curious what other here think ?

Money will be tight with the cap, so that's a factor to consider as well.

Depends what we do with the defense. The new trend is LB/DE and LB/S tweeners. LVE is neither. Bad fit. He's a classic off the ball LB.

If we flip flop on defensive schemes *again*, then maybe he can fit. If we continue the hybrid trend, we let him go, as he's *worth more* in a scheme that he fits in, and we should expect to be outbid by a team with such a scheme.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He played better as the season went on. Earlier in the season he was on the wrong side of quite a few plays.

He definitely had some bad games but overall I thought he played pretty well.

jnday

Reaction score
They cannot afford him. So it really doesn't matter what they want to do.
The sad part of this coming season is that they can’t afford anybody decent due to the $40 million dollar man and the other overpaid gutless wonders.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Who lets Anthony Hitchens an active LB leave town but would entertain thoughts of keeping a stiff slow LB around. No I don’t want to see Dallas become Philadelphia , old & broken .

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We need to flush out all of the Garrett people, that includes him.

jnday

Reaction score
Need to replace him with someone that is quick sideline to sideline and will make plays at line scrimmage
Dallas can’t afford a LB that plays from sideline to sideline. They can’t afford to resign LVE, so they sure can’t afford an upgrade.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Jerry's favorite type of player. The walking wounded. Somehow he thinks it's his responsibility to provide and compensate their livelihoods.

jnday

Reaction score
We need to flush out all of the Garrett people, that includes him.
I don’t see any difference between the Garrett guys and the MM guys. If they flush out the Garrett guys, 90% of the roster will be gone, which is fine with me because Dak, Zeke, DLaw, Cooper and the other overpaid players will be gone.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dallas can’t afford a LB that plays from sideline to sideline. They can’t afford to resign LVE, so they sure can’t afford an upgrade.

Jabril Cox , he’s already here . Look forward to seeing him healthy and starting and goodness I would much rather see Neal brought back then 55

DanA

Reaction score
I would not entertain re-signing him. Too much injury history.

I would like a veteran LB with a good injury history to cover MIKE while Parsons is rushing and WILL when Cox is injured/resting or if he doesn't develop as much as I am anticipating. I don't really want to be relying on Bernard or Gifford to play defensive snaps and you need three LB's capable of starting IMO.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Learn from your lessons, Jerry. Spend your money wisely. Let him walk,

or PS. Actually just let him walk, he'll find work. Nice kid, good luck to him in his new journey.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif