What to expect from Ezekiel Elliott in 2024

shabazz

Reaction score
IMHO this narrative is so wrong. In todays NFL there is absolutely nothing worse for the health of a QB than an RB who is not a threat out of the backfield. This just reinforces the predictability that has caused us problems over and over and over. For three years Zeke was a god. Then he fell off a cliff. Good teams took advantage of Zeke and punished us for playing him. Resigning him is absolute madness and has nothing to do with football.
I wanted a real threat brought here via free agency so that's out the window so I comment on the present roster

I'd rather see Zeke reading and picking up blitzs rather than Rico or the current backups and he's a better option at receiving on check down passes.

In short, he's the best of the worst here.

The true narrative is that we have regressed at the RB position

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The Browns defensive line will test your theory....week 1
Indeed they will. But if the Browns come into the game hellbent on sacks I think Zeke will gash them. They did allow 4.3 ypc and 15 rushing TDs last year so I am not convinced they are some juggernaut against the run. If I am reading correctly they gave up more 150 rushing games to opponents 5 times last year. than the Cowboys, who are criticized for stinking against the run but gave up 150+ on the ground 4 times. They also allowed 4.2 ypc and 14 rushing TD. So the Browns' run defense was not even as good as the Cowboys' in 2023. I really hope McCarthy comes out with a punch 'em in the mouth attitude in that game. I think with the size we will have up front it needs to be our plan against most teams. We also need to possess the ball to keep Chubb from going off for 200 against our defense!!!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You left out "while playing in a knee brace and the offensive line in shambles." We had 41 year old Jason Peters out there starting games man!!! There is no refuting Zeke's production took a dive his last two seasons in Dallas. But I think it's pertinent to examine the why. The knee injury cost him his burst which, along with his power, was what made him special. I believe his playing 12 games with that knee hurt in 2021 caused the injury to bleed into 2022. He looked fully healed in New England but he didn't get a lot of opportunities to showcase his talents on such a horrible team with such a horrible line and such horrible QB play. I think a lot of people are going to be "thrilled to be wrong" about him this year.
My Zeke jersey is ready to be taken out of storage and dusted off. Hopefully can say same thing about Zeke this year.