What to expect from Moore

Flamma

Reaction score
I used to like the draw plays we used to run all those years ago. We've gone away from them completely.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dallas has a very good run attack and I don't see them doing away with that, hell we have pro bowl OL and RB but we should be better at creating big plays off the run game which we did not do enough of last season. I do feel some changes with the plays being called will make a difference but I also think the year under the belt of Gallup will pay off big for the Cowboys. I think Dak and Gallup will be more in sync with each other and along with Cooper I think this offense will be very much improved.
Yep. The play action. Off the run. When we start picking up chunks off the run and I have to admit that I am the first one screaming keep running it. Lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not know what to expect from him because I don't know for sure who's playbook this is. What I had heard was Linehan was calling plays out of Garrett's playbook and I wondered what he used in DET for 5 years before that.

Sean Lee mentioned something about "Kellen's designed plays" when he was touting him and I assumed they discussed that on the sideline during games.

Chris Peterson, his college coach at BSU at the time, couldn't say enough about Moore's football mind and Gruden was impressed with him as well.

I feel the negatives that get directed at him here are a little premature. The Joneses do not have a good history with hiring coaches but that doesn't mean Moore cannot be effective, more effective than Linehan, in his first year. With anything new, there will be a few bumps and a learning curve.

One thing some fans should really get clear is the difference between a called play and execution and too often the blame gets directed at the wrong person.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
tenor.gif
*yeppers, that particular GIF is& forever shall be indelibly etched/ chiseled/ fingerpainted upon the inner wheelhouse walls of every standing rank member of the legion FANDOM,,,o_O

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yep. The play action. Off the run. When we start picking up chunks off the run and I have to admit that I am the first one screaming keep running it. Lol.

I think there are time you should but I think we have to be able to use the benefit of a good running attack by making the other team pay for putting too much focus on our run game. And you do that by hitting them down the field. Over the 7-1 stretch Dallas was making teams pay when Cooper got here as teams continued to focus on the run. I think heading into year 2 we will see Gallup true impact on this team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think there are time you should but I think we have to be able to use the benefit of a good running attack by making the other team pay for putting too much focus on our run game. And you do that by hitting them down the field. Over the 7-1 stretch Dallas was making teams pay when Cooper got here as teams continued to focus on the run. I think heading into year 2 we will see Gallup true impact on this team.
And they will start off stacking the box. If you were a dc why wouldn’t you try to stuff the run and make not only the qb but the oc beat you down field.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I do not know what to expect from him because I don't know for sure who's playbook this is. What I had heard was Linehan was calling plays out of Garrett's playbook and I wondered what he used in DET for 5 years before that.

Sean Lee mentioned something about "Kellen's designed plays" when he was touting him and I assumed they discussed that on the sideline during games.

Chris Peterson, his college coach at BSU at the time, couldn't say enough about Moore's football mind and Gruden was impressed with him as well.

I feel the negatives that get directed at him here are a little premature. The Joneses do not have a good history with hiring coaches but that doesn't mean Moore cannot be effective, more effective than Linehan, in his first year. With anything new, there will be a few bumps and a learning curve.

One thing some fans should really get clear is the difference between a called play and execution and too often the blame gets directed at the wrong person.
No doubt there is gonna be a learning curve. This Offense is used to the same plays and playbook. Could make for a exciting training camp for these young players having to learn some new things.

Flamma

Reaction score
That lead draw with Emmitt...

Well that's something we don't do because we rarely use two setbacks. I'd be happy if they ran the one's they used to run with Romo under center dropping back to pass, then at the last second hand it off. But I can't find a good example on youtube.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And they will start off stacking the box. If you were a dc why wouldn’t you try to stuff the run and make not only the qb but the oc beat you down field.

I agree. I think much as teams did vs Emmitt but in doing that they helped make Irvin a HOF'er. In more recent years Seattle has done that, they run more than Dallas does but when you focus so much on their run they will hit you down the field for a quick strike.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I agree with you, more than anything else, I'm expected an increase in pre snap motion and formation variations rather than a total reinventing of the wheel.
,,,er,,,doncha' think, like one to many zebra awards bestowed upon the #82 might,like, maybe curtail that envisionment , in a short,quick& pretty rapid fashion?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well that's something we don't do because we rarely use two setbacks. I'd be happy if they ran the one's they used to run with Romo under center dropping back to pass, then at the last second hand it off. But I can't find a good example on youtube.
I know what your talking about. The delayed draw.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree. I think much as teams did vs Emmitt but in doing that they helped make Irvin a HOF'er. In more recent years Seattle has done that, they run more than Dallas does but when you focus so much on their run they will hit you down the field for a quick strike.
Let’s hope Gallup steps up this year. Cooper will draw a double.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Helps that they have the best deep ball thrower in the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Let’s hope Gallup steps up this year. Cooper will draw a double.

I feel he will, he actually had a good game vs the Rams with 6 catches for 119 this 1st 100 yard receiving game and he will need to continue to improve because your right Cooper will draw the double coverage

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Would actually like to see a screen play off of a flea flicker. Let Elliot flick it back and everyone freaks out looking down field and slip Elliot out.. Lol.
:thumbup: I think what would be even slicker, would be the screen pass to #21 & he hurls it back ,on the over pursuing coverage, passing it back to the #4 who'd rolled out wide right into an uncontested lane of the field for 20 yds+:starspin: