Twitter: What to make of a corner with 11 INTs and most yards allowed?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t. But I will when you say things that I don’t agree with. And I disagree strongly w this take and I’ll post my thoughts on why in a bit
That's fine, but I'm not gonna argue about it, because without the INTs Diggs would be looked at very differently.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is not a shot at Diggs as it doesn't even seem right to me that he's given up the most yardage. I don't know how you can accomplish that without it being painfully obvious on the field. He doesn't seem to me like a completion waiting to happen. Not at all.

But it's unacceptable to give up the most yards.

11 interceptions is also undeniable. That is special.

It's the oddest year I've seen from a Cowboy and I honestly don't know how to feel about it.

Also, isn't he pretty good in terms of opposing passer rating and he's not given up a lot of TDs. That yardage number seems to be an outlier.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is not a shot at Diggs as it doesn't even seem right to me that he's given up the most yardage. I don't know how you can accomplish that without it being painfully obvious on the field. He doesn't seem to me like a completion waiting to happen. Not at all.

It's the oddest year I've seen from a Cowboy and I honestly don't know how to feel about it.

Well I guess he could just maul the guy like Brown does and get the PI.

This is a perfect example of why a guy like Diggs blows away a guy like Jones. No pick jones was known for coverage, but couldnt pick the ball to save his life.

Give me Diggs all day long.

From what I am seeing, Diggs has been shutting down the other teams best guys lately.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Yeah. Its a weird stat. Like a boxer who always gets outboxed only to Ko the opponent .

hes getting the top wr's too. As long as hes not giving up Td's its good.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yall need to quit swearing by PFF. The tabulations are done by part time nerds watching TV copy while guessing as to who had what assignment. It's a cute little niche that somebody has carved out to get money.. It is by no means the gospel. So please stop treating it as such.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

My take on it is have you seen a guy that he just couldn't play with ala Anthony Brown on Antonio. To me he has given up plays in coverage being aggressive. He has also taken some good WR's out of games as well

terra

Reaction score
PFF does not know what D was called on what play. So they cannot really know who was responsible for what.
As has been said Deion was one in generation. Actually you could say in two generations. AND one should remember that he did not get all that many picks because most QBs did not throw at him. fair number of his picks he was free lancing on.
Right now Diggs is making the O pay for throwing at him enough so that I believe that it shapes how the O attacks the Boys pass D. That is pretty much all you can ask of a D player in this age of Offensive football and all the rule changes.

links18

Reaction score
Yeah but does it seem to you like he's been picked on so much that he's given up the most yards?

That stat makes as much sense to me as it would if they said Ezekiel Elliott leads the league in yards after contact.

No, but I wonder how many of those yards are on bad safety play (Kazee) rather than Diggs?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I've said all year that he's like the Jameis Winston of CBs (and got hate for it).

He might get an INT and he might give up a 40 yard catch. Ya never know.

J12B

Reaction score
I highly doubt he's given up the most yards.

No idea where that source is coming from.

Plus it seems like there has been missed coverage over the top on some big plays (like that late touchdown against the Patriots). It may not always be Diggs fault but he gets charged those yards.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have so much I want to say in this thread - I’m not mentally prepared for this. You really have to put Diggs season in context to understand. And this is going to take some work. I’ll post my thoughts here shortly

Take your time. We will wait for you.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
11 interceptions is real. The most yardage stat is a bit manufactured, IMO. On the long completion last night, does he deserve full blame? Looked like he was relying upon help underneath from a guy (Kearse?) who seemed to have a bead on the interception but just fell.

John813

Reaction score
He's aggressive in coverage and has good hands/tracking ability?

In todays NFL most QB's will put up yards in a game. It's the way of the league making it more pass friendly.
Diggs reminds me a lot of Xavien Howard who would also get targeted a lot and would have high INT years to go with it. He would give up some completions but then at the same time pick off a pass or two changing momentum.

Quinn at times leaves his corners in man to man so it's bound to happen if Diggs gets too aggressive he can lose a step/bite a move.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everson Walls was not a lock-down corner. He didn't have high-end speed and could be beaten– And was.