CFZ What Triggers Eagles Hate For Most Cowboys Fans?

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
I was watching a replay of the 2nd Wash vs Phil game from 2022 which ended 32-21 Wash and left Phila at 8-1. For some reason unknown to me, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Philly lose. I mean, I "Really" felt some pleasure from watching them lose. I passionately hate that team, city, fans and the state in general because of Pittsburgh.

I trace the hate back to the Dick Vermiel days. The Cowboys used to smoke this team in the 70's, fell off in the early 80's including the 1980 NFC Championship Game, which was also called the "Blue Jersey Game", on account that the Eagles, having the choice as the home team, made the Cowboys wear their seemingly cursed blue jerseys (a stigma that dated back to Super Bowl V). To the cheers of a roaring Veterans Stadium crowd, the Eagles defeated the Cowboys 20–7.

And for me, the 90's excluding 3 SB trophies only added fuel to the damn fire!

mrmojo

Reaction score
Eagles were horrible before Vermiel got there, so yes it started after him. The 80 NFC championship game made their fan base even more obnoxious and when Ryan got there it was over the top. Now that they've won one and been to another SB, were the ones looking up as fans, and I hate that. This Cowboy team needs to do something here soon.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
their slimy rotten jerk fans, cant talk to them...i have zero issues having an intelligent convo with most wash or giants fans....rare to find a eagle fan that i can say that about
its rare to find an Eagles fan here that actually claims to be an Eagles fan.....I think only 4 fly their colors and really i dont have a problem with any of them.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It started for me during the Dick Vermeil years but they became my most hated team during the Buddy Ryan days. The day those obnoxious fans cheered for Michael Irvin's injury was another one. Just hate everything about that team.

ghst187

Reaction score
their slimy rotten jerk fans, cant talk to them...i have zero issues having an intelligent convo with most wash or giants fans....rare to find a eagle fan that i can say that about
Yep, generally incivility and vile nature of the city as a whole does it for me. Those fans deserve to wallow in misery

Jarntt

Reaction score
I was watching a replay of the 2nd Wash vs Phil game from 2022 which ended 32-21 Wash and left Phila at 8-1. For some reason unknown to me, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Philly lose. I mean, I "Really" felt some pleasure from watching them lose. I passionately hate that team, city, fans and the state in general because of Pittsburgh.

I trace the hate back to the Dick Vermiel days. The Cowboys used to smoke this team in the 70's, fell off in the early 80's including the 1980 NFC Championship Game, which was also called the "Blue Jersey Game", on account that the Eagles, having the choice as the home team, made the Cowboys wear their seemingly cursed blue jerseys (a stigma that dated back to Super Bowl V). To the cheers of a roaring Veterans Stadium crowd, the Eagles defeated the Cowboys 20–7.

And for me, the 90's excluding 3 SB trophies only added fuel to the damn fire!
meh, I root against all of the NFCE teams about equally. The Eagles fans are the biggest "you know whats" in all of professional sports, so I guess that puts them above the others from that perspective. You want to talk hate it's the other way around. Eagles fans hate the Cowboys and are obsessed with us 24/7. They literally think about the Cowboys constantly - I mean look around. To me the Eagles are only the team I root against the most right now because they appear to be better than Washington and the Giants.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
meh, I root against all of the NFCE teams. The Eagles fans are the biggest AHoles, so I guess that puts them above.You want to talk hate it's the other way around. Eagles fans hate the Cowboys and are obsessed with us 24/7. They literally think about the Cowboys constantly. To me the Eagles are only the team I root against the most right now because they appear to be better than Washington and the Giants
I agree with this and who we hate the most tends to come down to what team is good during a specific time period. For so long it was Washington, but since that rivalry has died down, especially post Joe Gibbs it's just been a constant churn. For the Eli/Romo years it seemed like the Giants were the bigger rival and more hated by Cowboys fans. Since the Gmen haven't been a consistent threat its really felt more like Philly has taken that spot.